• Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • View Poll Results: Do You Support Al-Assad's Regime?

Voters
    266. You may not vote on this poll
    • I supported Assadís regime fall 21 months ago. I still support its fall today.

42 15.79%
    • I didnít support Assadís regime fall 21 months ago. I still donít support its fall today

127 47.74%
    • I supported Assadís regime fall 21 months ago. I donít support its fall today.

39 14.66%
    • I didnít support Assadís regime fall 21 months ago. I support its fall today.

16 6.02%
    • I donít care either way.

42 15.79%
    Page 1300 of 1300 FirstFirst ... 300 800 1200 1250 129012931294129512961297129812991300
    Results 12,991 to 13,000 of 13000
      Orange Room Donator Orange Room DonorOrange Room Supporter
      ----

Likes (Given)
      Likes (Received)
      Slaps (Given)
      Slaps (Received)
      Mentioned
      12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NewB View Post
      I could careless what people's religions are or what they choose to believe as long as they don't step on my freedoms.

I didn't bring up any of those issues but others on the forum did. They spoke about some muslim guy marrying a young girl so I brought up the fact that some Priests rape little boys (not allegedly but its been proven). Yes some quotes can be misinterpreted and I would say 95% of those in the AQ camp have no idea what Islam is.

You keep saying that a billion muslims are silent but when we speak you simply accuse us of covering up or whatever. Islam is now terrorism, but we didn't start WW1 and WW2. We did not enslave Africans and brought them to a new world. We did not wipe out entire native and aboriginal people from 3 separate continents. Best of all we didn't burn 6 million jews.

Lets keep the whole my religion is more peaceful than yours crap out of this thread and lets focus of the chaos that's currently taking over our region.
      He is trying to proselytize.
      Have those who disbelieved not considered that the heavens and the earth were a joined entity, and We separated them and made from water every living thing? Then will they not believe? (Quran Hidden Content )

2. Likes NewB, elAshtar liked this post
      Sneaky

Likes (Given)
      Likes (Received)
      Slaps (Given)
      Slaps (Received)
      Mentioned
      35 Post(s)

I could careless what people's religions are or what they choose to believe as long as they don't step on my freedoms.

I didn't bring up any of those issues but others on the forum did. They spoke about some muslim guy marrying a young girl so I brought up the fact that some Priests rape little boys (not allegedly but its been proven). Yes some quotes can be misinterpreted and I would say 95% of those in the AQ camp have no idea what Islam is.

You keep saying that a billion muslims are silent but when we speak you simply accuse us of covering up or whatever. Islam is now terrorism, but we didn't start WW1 and WW2. We did not enslave Africans and brought them to a new world. We did not wipe out entire native and aboriginal people from 3 separate continents. Best of all we didn't burn 6 million jews.

Lets keep the whole my religion is more peaceful than yours crap out of this thread and lets focus of the chaos that's currently taking over our region.
      Exactly... moreover, who said that religion need to be peaceful at all times?! Thanks to the verses they mentioned, South Lebanon was liberated.. and thanks to the verses they mentioned, Lebanon is so far protected against Daesh. We have seen what happened to those following the 'more peaceful' religion in Muousel. Funny they criticize the calls for Jihad in the qurn and at the same time praise HA invovelemt in the regional conflicts... This is why I refrain from getting into such debates. Most of the members dont seek knowledge but they debate with one thing in mind: to bash the other religion. Not only that, but they claim to know about Quran more than we do. w ta3a 2na4on inno henne 3ala ghalat lol

4. Likes theMightyRedV, NewB, Robin Hood liked this post
      Valued Member
      Geeky

Likes (Given)
      Likes (Received)
      Slaps (Given)
      Slaps (Received)
      Mentioned
      13 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by elAshtar View Post
      Exactly... moreover, who said that religion need to be peaceful at all times?! Thanks to the verses they mentioned, South Lebanon was liberated.. and thanks to the verses they mentioned, Lebanon is so far protected against Daesh. We have seen what happened to those following the 'more peaceful' religion in Muousel. Funny they criticize the calls for Jihad in the qurn and at the same time praise HA invovelemt in the regional conflicts... This is why I refrain from getting into such debates. Most of the members dont seek knowledge but they debate with one thing in mind: to bash the other religion. Not only that, but they claim to know about Quran more than we do. w ta3a 2na4on inno henne 3ala ghalat lol
      are you seriously claiming victory through some verses. minorities including shias are barely surviving. half a million, almost all shias left Mosul and northern iraq.

Religion, among other factors, created Daesh, took back the region thousand years back in time.

You are claiming victory in Lebanon? It can blow up anytime, there is only an international decision to keep it calm right now. mfakkar a couple of verses brought temporary calm in Tripoli?

"the more peacful" religions helped create Japan, Germany and the US... where everyone dreams to migrate to.

yes everyone ghalat except you !

6. Likes hannaalkafer liked this post
      Senior Member+
      Secret

Likes (Given)
      Likes (Received)
      Slaps (Given)
      Slaps (Received)
      Mentioned
      70 Post(s)

you are still deflecting. i do not want to go into a point by point discussion of the issues you have mentioned, because they are irrelevant to this very topic, but i will only say that the atrocities committed over the ages by the west are in direct violation with Christianity and the teachings of Christ. in addition, do some research on the topics of slavery and islam, the islamic slave raids alone into africa left a death toll higher than ww1 and ww2 combined, without mentioning iran and india. and albeit religiously motivated or condoned, are still irrelevant to our discussion.

the main issue at hand is that there is at least one islamic school of thought spread all around the world that validates the violence directly from the Quran and the Hadith, and gives rise to movements like taliban, jibhat el nosra, da3esh, jeish el islam, boko haram, and many others, that receive sympathy from a very wide sector of Muslim believers despite the atrocities they carry out. and this is what we are facing today. if you want to solve this issue you have to address it at its root.

the other main point is that wherever law and order recedes in some Islamic communities, it is such radical groups that make it to the surface, and they are all religiously validated within the text books.

i am not making the claim that islam is terrorism, but that the current brand of terrorism is finding its validations within islam, because the texts and scriptures easily allow for such an interpretation, and since the scriptures will not change the problem will never fade away.

this is the real issue in syria. the overwhelming majority of the people revolting desire neither freedom nor better economic conditions. for they are obviously going in the opposite direction. they are simply religiously motivated. you can fight these groups all you want, but they will keep popping up, for they are only symptoms and outcomes of the possible radical interpretations in the Islamic scripture, and that's where the problem should be addressed.

8. Likes J_Raad1450 liked this post
      ----

Likes (Given)
      Likes (Received)
      Slaps (Given)
      Slaps (Received)
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by elAshtar View Post
      You are no different than a Wahhabi actually. How you interpreted the verse is exactly the same way they interpret the Quran. It is no secret that there are lots of verses in Islam that talks about Jihad, fighting and killing. But this is normal. Quran is meant to be a constitution of a state and not just a holy book for worshiping etc. Any state in order to survive, need to have an army and a defensive policy. The ilamic state is no different.
      What you dont know probably is that the muslims spent several years being persecuted by the Mushrekeen of Qureish who stole their properties, tortured many, and killed others. Over these years, there was no call for jihad or permission for fighting. The muslims had to flee their houses and go to another city 'Madina'. only after couple of years that the permision was given to them to fight: 2uthena lelazeen yuqataloun b2anahom zolemo w 2enna Allah 3ala Nasrehem la qadeer. So basically the permision was given to them out of defense because they were fought.
      The same applies for the other verses. During his whole life, Mohammad never fought an OFFENSIVE war. Even when the quran talks about fighting the Mushrekeen. These Mushrekeen are none but Mushrekee Qureish who were the 1st to fight and launch attacks on the muslims. It was them who started the war. Ofcourse, the salafis dont try to interpret the verse based on its historical context but generalize just like you did. They think that any Mushrek can be fought which for sure is not the case. I have to agree though that any misinterpretation of the quran can lead to very destructive consequences. I fully agree with that.
      Dude, why?! All I said is that they [daeshis] interpret certain verses literally and adapt them to their disposal. These stories you talked about, madina and quraish, belong to history books at best, not to a book claimed to be of divine content. That is exactly what i was talking about, separate and cleanse the book(s) of god from ambiguous verses that generate more potential harm than good.

My problem is not with you, and yours should not be with me. There is an adversary to humanity that violates every basic value of life, decency, and even religion. Our issue is with these, because they declared all of us, who are not with them, as enemies.. they are craving to spill your and my blood in alla's name. They climax while killing, maiming, beheading and dismembering human beings! So please be flexible and tolerant to hear genuine concerns and thoughts on how to deal with such humans-turned-monsters by virtue of ignorance combined with outdated religious texts.. We are thinking aloud trying to figure out how to mitigate the impact of this epidemic.

Registered Member
      ----

Likes (Given)
      Likes (Received)
      Slaps (Given)
      Slaps (Received)
      Mentioned
      4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hooksy View Post
      Dude, why?! All I said is that they [daeshis] interpret certain verses literally and adapt them to their disposal. These stories you talked about, madina and quraish, belong to history books at best, not to a book claimed to be of divine content. That is exactly what i was talking about, separate and cleanse the book(s) of god from ambiguous verses that generate more potential harm than good.

My problem is not with you, and yours should not be with me. There is an adversary to humanity that violates every basic value of life, decency, and even religion. Our issue is with these, because they declared all of us, who are not with them, as enemies.. they are craving to spill your and my blood in alla's name. They climax while killing, maiming, beheading and dismembering human beings! So please be flexible and tolerant to hear genuine concerns and thoughts on how to deal with such humans-turned-monsters by virtue of ignorance combined with outdated religious texts.. We are thinking aloud trying to figure out how to mitigate the impact of this epidemic.
      The problem isn't Islam nor the Quran. Just as there are barbarians killing Christians, Shiites, Sunnis, decapitating and raping, all in the name if Islam, you have fighters spilling their blood defending Christians, Shiites, and Sunnis. These same fighters are protecting churches, and other places of worship. These fighters are ensuring the bells of the churches will continue ringing in the Middle East. These fighters are fighting in the name of the real Islam, the complete Quran. The Matar family who are a big Christian Kataeb family in the Qa3 area on the Syrian Lebanese strip came out and said it is HezbAllah that is protecting our existence.

There is a really really disgusting game being played and you really need to understand that the war is on every free Christian, Sunni, Shiite believer. The war is on the Bible, the Quran, the Torah.

This war needs to be taken to those who are carrying this war in the name of Islam in Saudi Arabia. That's the head of the takfiri da3ishi wahabi snake.

11. Likes NewB liked this post
      ----

Likes (Given)
      Likes (Received)
      Slaps (Given)
      Slaps (Received)
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theMightyRedV View Post
      The problem isn't Islam nor the Quran. Just as there are barbarians killing Christians, Shiites, Sunnis, decapitating and raping, all in the name if Islam, you have fighters spilling their blood defending Christians, Shiites, and Sunnis. These same fighters are protecting churches, and other places of worship. These fighters are ensuring the bells of the churches will continue ringing in the Middle East. These fighters are fighting in the name of the real Islam, the complete Quran. The Matar family who are a big Christian Kataeb family in the Qa3 area on the Syrian Lebanese strip came out and said it is HezbAllah that is protecting our existence.

There is a really really disgusting game being played and you really need to understand that the war is on every free Christian, Sunni, Shiite believer. The war is on the Bible, the Quran, the Torah.

This war needs to be taken to those who are carrying this war in the name of Islam in Saudi Arabia. That's the head of the takfiri da3ishi wahabi snake.
      I agree! The source of evil is the wahabi ideology of hate death and destruction. And the root of evil lies in Saudi. Trust me, I have endless respect to those courageous and righteous Muslims who are defending with their precious blood Christians, Shiites, Sunnis, and so on. I salute them from the inner corners of my soul and heart. To me they represent nobility and virtue. They are true honorable knights.
      The war is between good and evil, I seriously believe in this. Monsters launching war on largely decent and peaceful human beings, entities, societies, facilities, culture, heritage... Those enemies of humanity are driven, motivated and empowered by religious texts they selectively interpret to justify their awful deeds.
      We are running in circles here. We agree on the same things but some people tend to become too sensitive if anyone dares calling for reform of outdated and completely unnecessary religious texts. Others did it before, why is the Islamic establishment so abhorrent to such a suggestion?!

Valued Member
      ----

Likes (Given)
      Likes (Received)
      Slaps (Given)
      Slaps (Received)
      Mentioned
      63 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Genius View Post
      are you seriously claiming victory through some verses. minorities including shias are barely surviving. half a million, almost all shias left Mosul and northern iraq.

Religion, among other factors, created Daesh, took back the region thousand years back in time.

You are claiming victory in Lebanon? It can blow up anytime, there is only an international decision to keep it calm right now. mfakkar a couple of verses brought temporary calm in Tripoli?

"the more peacful" religions helped create Japan, Germany and the US... where everyone dreams to migrate to.

yes everyone ghalat except you !
      Just a little correction to the red sentence, those with whom you are debating live ALREADY in Western countries that they think are better but they don't take a deep thought as for why these countries are better than the countries they left... El tonzir men b3id deyman 7elo and free

14. Likes light-in-dark liked this post
      Valued Member
      ----

Likes (Given)
      Likes (Received)
      Slaps (Given)
      Slaps (Received)
      Mentioned
      9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Angel View Post
      you are still deflecting. i do not want to go into a point by point discussion of the issues you have mentioned, because they are irrelevant to this very topic, but i will only say that the atrocities committed over the ages by the west are in direct violation with Christianity and the teachings of Christ. in addition, do some research on the topics of slavery and islam, the islamic slave raids alone into africa left a death toll higher than ww1 and ww2 combined, without mentioning iran and india. and albeit religiously motivated or condoned, are still irrelevant to our discussion.

the main issue at hand is that there is at least one islamic school of thought spread all around the world that validates the violence directly from the Quran and the Hadith, and gives rise to movements like taliban, jibhat el nosra, da3esh, jeish el islam, boko haram, and many others, that receive sympathy from a very wide sector of Muslim believers despite the atrocities they carry out. and this is what we are facing today. if you want to solve this issue you have to address it at its root.

the other main point is that wherever law and order recedes in some Islamic communities, it is such radical groups that make it to the surface, and they are all religiously validated within the text books.

i am not making the claim that islam is terrorism, but that the current brand of terrorism is finding its validations within islam, because the texts and scriptures easily allow for such an interpretation, and since the scriptures will not change the problem will never fade away.

this is the real issue in syria. the overwhelming majority of the people revolting desire neither freedom nor better economic conditions. for they are obviously going in the opposite direction. they are simply religiously motivated. you can fight these groups all you want, but they will keep popping up, for they are only symptoms and outcomes of the possible radical interpretations in the Islamic scripture, and that's where the problem should be addressed.
      No one ever denied that the Quran/Hadith is being used by a specific sect to kill and plunder. But keep in mind that Muslims are also suffering on the hands of those people.

How about you and I unite together so that when that school of thought comes to kill us we can stand side by side and defeat it? Because 20 years ago it wasn't about religion it was about Left vs Right. In 20 years it might be about redheads vs blondes.

Senior Member+
      ----

Likes (Given)
      Likes (Received)
      Slaps (Given)
      Slaps (Received)
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Angel View Post

DA,

I suggest you read Islam and West by Bernard Lewis. It is a short book. You can finish in one sitting. The book addresses what you highlighted in red. To :summarize" the book, Sunni Islam don't have the equivalent of "vatican" so anyone (unstable, crazy, lunatic, genius, murderer, blood thirsty, compassionate, normal etc) and everyone with money and followers can claim the righteous interpretation of Islam. Where is money coming from?

Shiaas, on the other hand, do have a central authority.

Islam and the West: Bernard Lewis: 9780195090611: Amazon.com: Books