Orange Room - Promoting free thoughtful dialogue

Indie
Indie
This is one case in which I agree with the critics. No one should be making fun of violence. I think the "outrage" is justified, in this case. However, the situation has become like the story of the boy who cried wolf. When people get "outraged" over silly things, legitimate cases such as this one can be easily dismissed by those fed up with the thought police.
Indie
Indie
That being said, firing him after 17 years is not necessary. They could have suspended him without pay for a couple of months and asked him for a formal apology.
Isabella
Isabella
The guy made a joke about domestic violence! That's not something you make fun of! Nor can he hide behind pc police crap! He's entirely at fault!
spacecreature
spacecreature
It's an old stupid joke, that's crazy. I mean at what point do you draw the line? You can no longer joke about anything. Y dont we forbid jokes about blonds? You should see the shit stand up comedians talk about lol. At least I still have South Park ;) Those people make fun of everyone and everything!
Isabella
Isabella
The TV station was already searching for a replacement before he decided to joke about domestic violence, he just gave them the reason they needed to fire him, it happened 1 week after he made the joke and no it wasn't just an old joke, he literally said: " since this is a sensitive subject I'm going for it: you know what you say to a woman with two black eyes? (Elle est terrible celle là) you tell her nothing, it wa
Isabella
Isabella
S already explained to her twice"

Now do you honestly think this is a funny joke? He knew himself he was going over the line before saying this "joke" also what the hell was so funny about it? That you need to hit women in order to explain crap to them? Yeah that's extremely hilarious and not at all offensive to anyone!
Iron Maiden
Iron Maiden
Thats called dark humor.. joking abt something doesnt mean you condone it. but hes an idiot because he should have known that such comedy In national TV would get him in trouble
Indie
Indie
Frankly, I fail to see the humour.

And you know what they say...every joke has a bit of truth in it. People who joke in this way might very well have violent tendencies lurking inside, and they let it out in the form of a "joke."
spacecreature
spacecreature
Anyway I stopped watching the show coz in a way Tex WAS the show, no use replacing him, he is like part of French TV history, a living icon, the longest show to ever be on air non stop. I just feel France is no longer France. If uve seen any stand up comedy they joke about everything, men, women, gays, drug addicts, alcoholics, blind, deaf etc..Anyway one less thing to worry about watching :)
spacecreature
spacecreature
I am now watching Boushra khalil on al jadeed TV , should be fun :)
Indie
Indie
Frankly...there's a lot of humour I don't enjoy. I like clean, clever humour.
spacecreature
spacecreature
By the way @Indie the guy is very sweet, maybe you don't know him, very innocent and jokes a lot with his guests in a very organic way, there is no way he is violent or actually thinks that way. He was just being funny. Anyway..