Orange Room - Promoting free thoughtful dialogue

NewLeb
NewLeb
Very true.
𓍝𓂀𓄃𓇼
𓍝𓂀𓄃𓇼
Aquinas, Descartes, Pascal, Wittgenstein, Lemaître and Plantinga seem very intelligent to me.
Orangina
Orangina
I am not saying that intelligent men do not believe in God. On the contrary they are in constant research about the divine and perfection. Descartes, Aquinas and all those whom you have mentioned, believed in perfection and this is why they considered god as the divine. What I am talking about is the Religion...
Orangina
Orangina
They all embraced new philosophical ideas and applied them on Christianity...Religion is a set of rules..god is not
NewLeb
NewLeb
One would have to be intelligent enough to understand the importance of religious stipulations.
Orangina
Orangina
I Believe that an Intelligent person should not follow the rules set by the religion he belongs to blindly. He should always question those rules and those ethics.
NewLeb
NewLeb
An intelligent person may do that- but not a God-fearing one.
Muki
Muki
Tli3ti kafra?
Orangina
Orangina
@NewLeb why shall we fear god in the first place?
Orangina
Orangina
@Big Brother
!!! باطل
𓍝𓂀𓄃𓇼
𓍝𓂀𓄃𓇼
Those I mentioned didn't just believe in God. They were practicing Christians. Saint Thomas Aquinas and Lemaitre were Catholic priests. Wittgenstein was a religious Catholic. Etc etc.
NewLeb
NewLeb
You’re either fearing Him or His creation. By fearing Him alone, you eliminate all potential limitations that could be based on worldly fears.
Orangina
Orangina
@ܐܵܠܘܼܟ̰ܵܐ Dawkins said about religion " One of the things that is wrong with religion is that it teaches us to be satisfied with answers which are not really answers at all"..and yea Dawkins is right. Those people satisfied with answers given by a specific religion without questioning them are really stupid.
Orangina
Orangina
I do believe that it is not necessary to adhere to a given religion in order to believe in God, but definitely it will be harder to follow a path than to follow a one that already exists.
Orangina
Orangina
Back to to the priests you mentioned, those are indeed very intelligent people that were constantly asking questions...not abiding by the rules of their religion blindly.
Orangina
Orangina
@NewLeb God is supposed to be loving...caring etc...isn't that what Christianity tells us? why should we fear him then?
NewLeb
NewLeb
Loving and caring, yes, but thousands starve to death everyday. You are fearing His incomprehensible nature.
Muki
Muki
What's so incomprehensible about it? He's either a sociopath or incompetent at this whole omnipotent thing.
NewLeb
NewLeb
You came to this conclusion before seeing the finished product....
Muki
Muki
Hey @NewLeb, STFU