تكتل "لبنان القوي" - The Strong Lebanon Bloc - expectations & discussion

loubnaniTO

loubnaniTO

Legendary Member
Staff member
Super Penguin
FPM and allies have secured the largest parliamentary bloc in the 2018 elections, with 29 MPs (that's 22.65% of MPs). This is a significant bloc that can push for reforms and development, in line with FPM's stated objectives.

FPM is now in a very strong political position:
- PRESIDENCY: FPM has its founder, Michel Aoun, as President
- PARLIAMENTARY BLOC: FPM, with its allies now holds the larget bloc of MPs in parliament
- ALLIANCE: FPM enjoys a close alliance with HA. Despite the differences between the two (and HA's preference of its strategic alliance with Berri), FPM can still benefit from HA's support, especially after their statement that both parties will combat corruption after the elections. SHN personally stated it, and he is known to keep his word.
- ALLIANCE: FPM/PMA have now a very close relationship with Hariri (most likely the next PM) and his bloc of 21 MPs. Even Hariri made it clear in his statement yesterday.
- COORDINATION: Despite the differences with LF, FPM can work with LF on selected issues, if both parties come to their senses and put the elections behind them.

With all of that in mind, i believe the GRACE PERIOD and EXCUSES FPM has been making in the past 13 years are over. Blaming others for not supporting FPM's reform proposals should be over. It is time for work, and for accountability.

Personally, i am not an FPM member, and my patience throughout that grace period has been thinning... corruption is still everywhere, no major reforms, the sectarian language is rampant, while environmentally and economically the country is on its deathbed.

Starting today, i am an observer, and no longer a supporter. I will criticize and oppose/attack the bloc when they do not perform, and praise when needed. I hope many will join as well in making sure support for FPM is NOT BLIND... we've had enough. The other parties are hopeless, and if FPM continues to underperform/remains a "traditional" party, I (and hopefully many) will be looking for alternatives in 4 years.

Let's use this thread to list what we expect from the bloc.... general expectations, and keeping them accountable for what they promise.

• Advertisement
  • LiNk

LiNk

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Thank you for this thread! I join my voice to yours as an independent supporting FPM.

First of all, I'll be keeping an eye on the new government formation and the caliber/type of people that the bloc and PMA will designate to represent them. For FPM's credibility, image and popularity, I think that this will be of strategic importance moving forward. Each Baroud or Bou Saab is worth 10 propaganda machines like MTV.

I guess that two quick wins can be the decisive kick-off of two major projects:
    1. The launch of a deep and forceful restructuring of EDL
    2. The implementation of a nation-wide and decentralized waste management plan

loubnaniTO

loubnaniTO

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    i'd like to see:

- reforms across the board
    - a REAL fight against corruption (not a "new ministry" that has no power or staff or real mandate)... like i want to see politicians and other people in jail!
    - TANGIBLE STEPTS to move us closer to a more secular state and away from the sectarian language (now that the Christians got their rights back! PHEW!).
    - a Strong and independent judicial system.. that can go after everyone who breaks the law, from the most junior Lebanese to the President.

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    Great thread, the first expectation i have and am sure it wont hapen is no mps as ministers.

Second electricity file

Lebanese Pride

Lebanese Pride

Orange Room Supporter
    This will fail badly lel.

TheMaronite

TheMaronite

Thank you for this thread! I join my voice to yours as an independent supporting FPM.

First of all, I'll be keeping an eye on the new government formation and the caliber/type of people that the bloc and PMA will designate to represent them. For FPM's credibility, image and popularity, I think that this will be of strategic importance moving forward. Each Baroud or Bou Saab is worth 10 propaganda machines like MTV.

I guess that two quick wins can be the decisive kick-off of two major projects:
    1. The launch of a deep and forceful restructuring of EDL
    2. The implementation of a nation-wide and decentralized waste management plan
    No mps in the government
    No losers in the government

So basically Bou Saab, Baroud , Rifi, Bassil, Mashnouk, Bou Faour, Hassan Khalil, ... OUT

These words don’t come from me but from your mighty ALLY Hassan Nassrallah

TheMaronite

TheMaronite

This will fail badly lel.
    It has already begun bro.
    They are their own worst enemies. You should have seen simon abi rami vs walid khoury
    Or gharios vs hikmat deeb,
    Or chamel vs roger azar and bassil.

It’s a question of days. When it will come to vote for Berry as president of the Parliament it will explode

!Aoune32

!Aoune32

I agree with this fail. You will see many independents simply not wanting FPM anymore. Frem is the most obvious that comes to mind.

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    FPM and allies have secured the largest parliamentary bloc in the 2018 elections, with 29 MPs (that's 22.65% of MPs). This is a significant bloc that can push for reforms and development, in line with FPM's stated objectives.

FPM is now in a very strong political position:
    - PRESIDENCY: FPM has its founder, Michel Aoun, as President
    - PARLIAMENTARY BLOC: FPM, with its allies now holds the larget bloc of MPs in parliament
    - ALLIANCE: FPM enjoys a close alliance with HA. Despite the differences between the two (and HA's preference of its strategic alliance with Berri), FPM can still benefit from HA's support, especially after their statement that both parties will combat corruption after the elections. SHN personally stated it, and he is known to keep his word.
    - ALLIANCE: FPM/PMA have now a very close relationship with Hariri (most likely the next PM) and his bloc of 21 MPs. Even Hariri made it clear in his statement yesterday.
    - COORDINATION: Despite the differences with LF, FPM can work with LF on selected issues, if both parties come to their senses and put the elections behind them.

With all of that in mind, i believe the GRACE PERIOD and EXCUSES FPM has been making in the past 13 years are over. Blaming others for not supporting FPM's reform proposals should be over. It is time for work, and for accountability.

Personally, i am not an FPM member, and my patience throughout that grace period has been thinning... corruption is still everywhere, no major reforms, the sectarian language is rampant, while environmentally and economically the country is on its deathbed.

Starting today, i am an observer, and no longer a supporter. I will criticize and oppose/attack the bloc when they do not perform, and praise when needed. I hope many will join as well in making sure support for FPM is NOT BLIND... we've had enough. The other parties are hopeless, and if FPM continues to underperform/remains a "traditional" party, I (and hopefully many) will be looking for alternatives in 4 years.

Let's use this thread to list what we expect from the bloc.... general expectations, and keeping them accountable for what they promise.
    i have to disagree with you my friend. nei. i have to strongly disagree with you. and i am going to change the font color for everyone to read what i have to say.

Accountability:
    accountability is a principle component of the democratic state, however it has got to be invested in the right direction, otherwise it will become a tool for destruction. it is extremely important to be very precise in determining who is held accountable for a given failure. the newly formed block might spend 10 years trying to get the electricity fixed, and it could be all be blocked and obstructed by one single person; it is that one person that should be held accountable for the failure and no one else.

Support:
    a big portion of the problem i had with many FPMers is that they either blindly support FPM in everything or when they cross to the other side, they blindly oppose FPM in everything. supporting FPM does not mean that we delegate our minds to the leaders, but rather that we empower the the direction that resembles us the most, and we push for it. we do not change ourselves to fit the direction the party decided to take. we do not turn on the party with a bloody vendetta when things do not go our way, we can simply walk away or remain active investing the efforts needed to invoke the change and solve the problems. that is how it should have always been, this is the healthy norm that would create a stronger FPM.

Immunity:
    FPM has been the subject of an extremely vicious campaign, almost across every media outlet, it is a well financed, orchestrated, and planned campaign. Gebran Bassil is easily the most hated politician in the country; and almost by all parties, including many FPMers. and that is in the presence of criminals, war lords, vicious corrupt politicians, etc.. you guys have fallen victims to a strong campaign that literally brainwashed you and manipulated you to hating bassil with a vengeance, by using several techniques. this is simply not acceptable, and you should raise your immunity to this. and to tie this back to the accountability principle with a concrete example, when ali hassan khalil stated on TV and tweeted he was single-handedly responsible and proudly blocked the deir 3mar project for long years to save 50 million dollars, while in reality he caused the treasury a loss close to 10 billion dollars, not a single media outlet held him accountable for that, or presented him as accountable, and they continued to attack bassil over the electricity failure like usual. THIS IS ABNORMAL, counter productive and extremely destructive. it is your duty to increase your immunity and hold the media and the people around you propagating this approach accountable for this abuse as well.

it should also be pointed out that bassil should invest more time in organizing FPM, create units that propagate the truth, invest in a public relations unit in FPM, and systematically eliminate every entity that propagates false rumors and false information.

finally, do not have mercy towards the sort of people who we witness from time to time on this forum, people who pretend to be what they are not simply to propagate these kinds of ideas, i will not name anyone, but have no mercy towards them, call them for what they are; these are a true plague in our community, and they are far from being innocent.

so in short, if we want to exercise our right to the accountability, we have to be precise, strong, conscious, alert and very discerning; in order to deliver the punch in the correct place.

Last edited:
    loubnaniTO

loubnaniTO

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    i have to disagree with you my friend. nei. i have to strongly disagree with you. and i am going to change the font color for everyone to read what i have to say.

Accountability:
    accountability is a principle component of the democratic state, however it has got to be invested in the right direction, otherwise it will become a tool for destruction. it is extremely important to be very precise in determining who is held accountable for a given failure. the newly formed block might spend 10 years trying to get the electricity fixed, and it could be all be blocked and obstructed by one single person; it is that one person that should be held accountable for the failure and no one else.

Support:
    a big portion of the problem i had with many FPMers is that they either blindly support FPM in everything or when they cross to the other side, they blindly oppose FPM in everything. supporting FPM does not mean that we delegate our minds to the leaders, but rather that we empower the the direction that resembles us the most, and we push for it. we do not change ourselves to fit the direction the party decided to take. we do not turn on the party with a bloody vendetta when things do not go our way, we can simply walk away or remain active investing the efforts needed to invoke the change and solve the problems. that is how it should have always been, this is the healthy norm that would create a stronger FPM.

Immunity:
    FPM has been the subject of an extremely vicious campaign, almost across every media outlet, it is a well financed, orchestrated, and planned campaign. Gebran Bassil is easily the most hated politician in the country; and almost by all parties, including many FPMers. and that is in the presence of criminals, war lords, vicious corrupt politicians, etc.. you guys have fallen victims to a strong campaign that literally brainwashed you and manipulated you to hating bassil with a vengence. this is simply not acceptable, and you should raise your immunity to this. and tie this back to the accountability principle, when ali hassan khalil stated he was single-handedly responsible and proudly blocked the deir 3mar project for long years to save 50 million dollars, while in reality he caused the treasury a loss close to 10 billion dollars, not a single media outlet held him accountable for that, or presented him as accountable, and they continued to attack bassil over the electricity failure like usual. THIS IS ABNORMAL, counter productive and extremely destructive. it is your duty to hold the media and the people around you propagating this approach accountable for this abuse as well.

it should also be pointed out that bassil should invest more time in organizing FPM, create units that propagate the truth, invest in a public relations unit in FPM, and systematically eliminate every entity that propagates false rumors and false information.

finally, do not have mercy towards the sort of people who we witness from time to time on this forum, people who pretend to be what they are not simply to propagate these kinds of ideas, i will not name anyone, but have no mercy towards them, call them for what they are; these are a true plague in our community, and they are far from being innocent.

so in short, if we want to exercise our right to the accountability, we have to be precise, strong, conscious, alert and very discerning; in order to deliver the punch in the correct place.

so you strongly disagree with me, but then i see only one of your three points that actually pertains to what i said in my original point... i agree about the polarized FPMers (either LOVE BLINDLY or HATE AGGRESSIVELY), and i agree with Immunity.. i always say (to everyone), don't fall victim to the cheap accusations of "thief" and "corrupt" until you have proof... as for Bassil, i always said i don't find him charismatic and i am not a huge fan of his, but i don't hate him, and i do wish him all the luck.. he is pretty active and passionate, and those are key strengths that he has.

Now back to the point that i believe you strongly disagree with, which is accountability. I do not disagree that our political system do not make it easy for anyone to govern or implement an agenda, with the presence of vulture politicians! but this does not mean that if we fail, we throw our hands in the air and continue. If there is an agenda item that is CRUCIAL, and ONE person stands in its face, it is easy to point fingers at the media and at that one person... but we don't have the right to blame the general population... 1) we know that the majority are not politically savvy and we cannot do much about it, and 2) we know that the media is not independent, they have their own agenda and sources of funding, so no one will pressure them to attack Berri or expose Hassan Khalil.. unfortunately that's the reality.
    So what do we do about it? if i am supporting a party that has the presidency and the biggest bloc in parliament, i do expect them to throw all their weight behind what they stand for... and if they don't get it, they should raise hell! boycott government meetings, boycott parliament sessions, protest, just raise hell.. i can't accept that we go on suffering just because one minister is not signing and we cannot do anything about it... maybe they should all quit... 29 MPs and the President, cause they cannot implement the crucial things they are pitching for. This is not the Kataeb bloc, where one can easily say "la 7awla wa la kouwwata", this is the largest bloc in parliament AND the President.
    So sorry to disagree with you, but i will not settle for just pointing fingers at everyone else.

EDIT: and i am not the one coming up with this.. Gebran Bassil said GIVE US THE BIGGEST BLOC SO WE CAN IMPLEMENT WHAT WE STAND FOR... so there, you have it. I have the right to ask questions and check if you've done EVERYTHING you can do to implement what you promised... and i am not just talking about electricity.

!Aoune32

!Aoune32

I suggest FPM stops using excuses. 29 MPs, half the government and the President and they cant do anything? Resign ahsan... tene chi min 2al you need to approve or agree with anything the other team bado?? Grow some balls ba2a and take the MOF.

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    so you strongly disagree with me, but then i see only one of your three points that actually pertains to what i said in my original point... i agree about the polarized FPMers (either LOVE BLINDLY or HATE AGGRESSIVELY), and i agree with Immunity.. i always say (to everyone), don't fall victim to the cheap accusations of "thief" and "corrupt" until you have proof... as for Bassil, i always said i don't find him charismatic and i am not a huge fan of his, but i don't hate him, and i do wish him all the luck.. he is pretty active and passionate, and those are key strengths that he has.

Now back to the point that i believe you strongly disagree with, which is accountability. I do not disagree that our political system do not make it easy for anyone to govern or implement an agenda, with the presence of vulture politicians! but this does not mean that if we fail, we throw our hands in the air and continue. If there is an agenda item that is CRUCIAL, and ONE person stands in its face, it is easy to point fingers at the media and at that one person... but we don't have the right to blame the general population... 1) we know that the majority are not politically savvy and we cannot do much about it, and 2) we know that the media is not independent, they have their own agenda and sources of funding, so no one will pressure them to attack Berri or expose Hassan Khalil.. unfortunately that's the reality.
    So what do we do about it? if i am supporting a party that has the presidency and the biggest bloc in parliament, i do expect them to throw all their weight behind what they stand for... and if they don't get it, they should raise hell! boycott government meetings, boycott parliament sessions, protest, just raise hell.. i can't accept that we go on suffering just because one minister is not signing and we cannot do anything about it... maybe they should all quit... 29 MPs and the President, cause they cannot implement the crucial things they are pitching for. This is not the Kataeb bloc, where one can easily say "la 7awla wa la kouwwata", this is the largest bloc in parliament AND the President.
    So sorry to disagree with you, but i will not settle for just pointing fingers at everyone else.

EDIT: and i am not the one coming up with this.. Gebran Bassil said GIVE US THE BIGGEST BLOC SO WE CAN IMPLEMENT WHAT WE STAND FOR... so there, you have it. I have the right to ask questions and check if you've done EVERYTHING you can do to implement what you promised... and i am not just talking about electricity.
    no man you are wrong.

it goes without saying that the larger the block gets the more legitimacy there is our demands, but even with this large block, ali hassan khalil could still block the electricity projects just the same. yet instead of putting the pressure on him, you are putting the pressure on the guys who are seeking the actual change. this is wrong and counter productive. the best you can do is destroy FPM, without even touching ali hassan khalil.

we have to be very objective in our approach, the party could everything impeccably and still fail to overcome a certain obstacle. what you are forwarding is the very idea that was endorsed by the civil society, it is an idea that will be wrongly implemented from the perspective they are pushing for. you do not hold the good people accountable for failure, you hold the sons of *****es obstructing them accountable, otherwise you would be empowering and encouraging the obstacle itself while weakening the chances to overcome it.

so yes, the big blocks are promising, but you have to keep an eye at the larger picture as well. why is hassan khalil untouchable? why do the thugs overtake the streets everytime you point at birri? etc... birri is not the only one, but the most pronounced example. we are in a very well pronounced war here, the concepts such as the ones you are pushing for are excellent, but if applied blindly they will destroy us completely while the bad guys will remain completely and utterly untouchable. we may be in this for the long run, we may have to introduce the concept of accountability in the birri camp and in the people, and this takes long years; it can not be done when you hold these concept as a sword on the necks of people like ibrahim kanaan, gebran bassil, roukoz, simon abi ramia, abou saab, etc... you need to support them and understand that this is long war and a long battle.

now it is granted there will be some concrete results shortly as far as the infrastructure is concerned, but the general perspective i am addressing will always hold true as long as birri/jumblat or anyone else remain stronger than the state and untouchable.

!Aoune32

!Aoune32

Expectations are as the biggest block in the Parliament FPM actually acts like one. It takes charge, takes the lead and doesn't hold back.
    It needs to take care of Berri stubborness. The President + 29 MPs + Half of the government. There has been no one in the history of the country that has such power. It is time for the party to invest into the christians in the country to remain, go into the state institutions, fix the state and amend the regime or the state and start implementing Taef.

loubnaniTO

loubnaniTO

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    no man you are wrong.
    that's another disease with FPMers. Anyone who does not 100% agree with us is always WRONG. Well we are all wrong, and there is only one right.
    Allow me to disagree. I am not wrong. I might think differently than you, or have different expectations, but that does not make me wrong, or make you wrong.

it goes without saying that the larger the block gets the more legitimacy there is our demands, but even with this large block, ali hassan khalil could still block the electricity projects just the same. yet instead of putting the pressure on him, you are putting the pressure on the guys who are seeking the actual change. this is wrong and counter productive. the best you can do is destroy FPM, without even touching ali hassan khalil.

So Hassan Khalil vetoed the electricity plan, and now we use this as the example for ALL our shortcomings. No reform whatsoever because of hassan khalil? we created an anti-corruption ministry, what did it do? Hassan Khalil as well? we originally said (and i remember GA said it on the plane upon his return) "iza takallmtou bel ta2ifya, oubouzouni", and now everything we hear from Gebran is extremely sectarian... i know you will disagree, and i expect it, and i honestly dont care much. I understand he wants to return the christian rights, and i understand why, but for a party that aims to promote a secular system, the sectarian language is becoming a DISEASE... we should STOP somewhere, and i hope pretty soon. SO what i am asking for, and what i am expecting, is not unreasonable, it's all in their platform. If they cannot make it happen, they should move aside, that's what happens in every other country. And check my earlier post, i never said anything about electricity... i spoke about corruption, reform, secularism, etc. If we cannot achieve ANY Of those, what's the point in being in power?

Now back to Hassan Khalil and you asking me to stop him instead of blaming FPM... how can i? i dont vote for him, or any Amal MP, i am not chiaa, and i am not an Amal partisan. So if 29 MPs and a President cannot do anything about him, what can i do? maybe if they boycott the government and.or parliament and hit the streets, yes people (and I) will join them.. but when they play politics as usual, kiss up to SHN while he is supporting the Hassan Khalil thugs, scream on TV but proceed to government meetings and continue other businesses, that's not helping me.

FPM should try something new... stop pointing fingers at people and accusing anyone who disagrees with it as being WRONG and being AGAINST US, and try listening more to people and their concerns... regardless of how much they disagree with them.

!Aoune32

!Aoune32

that's another disease with FPMers. Anyone who does not 100% agree with us is always WRONG. Well we are all wrong, and there is only one right.
    Allow me to disagree. I am not wrong. I might think differently than you, or have different expectations, but that does not make me wrong, or make you wrong.

So Hassan Khalil vetoed the electricity plan, and now we use this as the example for ALL our shortcomings. No reform whatsoever because of hassan khalil? we created an anti-corruption ministry, what did it do? Hassan Khalil as well? we originally said (and i remember GA said it on the plane upon his return) "iza takallmtou bel ta2ifya, oubouzouni", and now everything we hear from Gebran is extremely sectarian... i know you will disagree, and i expect it, and i honestly dont care much. I understand he wants to return the christian rights, and i understand why, but for a party that aims to promote a secular system, the sectarian language is becoming a DISEASE... we should STOP somewhere, and i hope pretty soon. SO what i am asking for, and what i am expecting, is not unreasonable, it's all in their platform. If they cannot make it happen, they should move aside, that's what happens in every other country. And check my earlier post, i never said anything about electricity... i spoke about corruption, reform, secularism, etc. If we cannot achieve ANY Of those, what's the point in being in power?

Now back to Hassan Khalil and you asking me to stop him instead of blaming FPM... how can i? i dont vote for him, or any Amal MP, i am not chiaa, and i am not an Amal partisan. So if 29 MPs and a President cannot do anything about him, what can i do? maybe if they boycott the government and.or parliament and hit the streets, yes people (and I) will join them.. but when they play politics as usual, kiss up to SHN while he is supporting the Hassan Khalil thugs, scream on TV but proceed to government meetings and continue other businesses, that's not helping me.

FPM should try something new... stop pointing fingers at people and accusing anyone who disagrees with it as being WRONG and being AGAINST US, and try listening more to people and their concerns... regardless of how much they disagree with them.
    It wasn't Khalils fault aslan. If you see the biggest budget was for the energy ministry and still nothing was done with it. The anti corruption minister didn't find any corruption 2al. FPM is playing with its principles and getting hit left right and center from everyone even a small little 3 MP block like Marada. Something has to give. If seriously the President + half the government + 29 MPs cannot do anything and Berri hal 2ade powerful I suggest they resign kelloun sawa. FPM needs to stop giving into Berri and fight for what is right. The MOF issue is the first amongst many and the President needs to take the bag.

loubnaniTO

loubnaniTO

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    It wasn't Khalils fault aslan. If you see the biggest budget was for the energy ministry and still nothing was done with it. The anti corruption minister didn't find any corruption 2al. FPM is playing with its principles and getting hit left right and center from everyone even a small little 3 MP block like Marada. Something has to give. If seriously the President + half the government + 29 MPs cannot do anything and Berri hal 2ade powerful I suggest they resign kelloun sawa. FPM needs to stop giving into Berri and fight for what is right. The MOF issue is the first amongst many and the President needs to take the bag.
    Not true. Even with a big budget if the minister of finance does not sign he can stop the project, and he did. No one is arguing with that. All I’m saying is that going forward we cannot sit back and say MOF is not signing hence we won’t do much. If the electricity plans are detailed because of Berri we can advance other fronts. If we cannot advance anything yes maybe it’s more honourable to become the opposition!

!Aoune32

!Aoune32

Not true. Even with a big budget if the minister of finance does not sign he can stop the project, and he did. No one is arguing with that. All I’m saying is that going forward we cannot sit back and say MOF is not signing hence we won’t do much. If the electricity plans are detailed because of Berri we can advance other fronts. If we cannot advance anything yes maybe it’s more honourable to become the opposition!
    Hence I am saying that the MOF should be in the hands of the President. Having one sect dictate the whole government is wrong. The MOF wasn't build just to not sign. His signature was needed just for Financial matters as it will bring a financial impact. It wasn't meant to be for a sect to block something that they don't agree with which is the issue currently at hand. We need the MOF to be in the hands of the President.

I don't think that GMA became President for FPM to become the opposition. They should stay in the government and fight for the ministry. One sect having veto powers in the government and parliament is absurd.

!Aoune32

!Aoune32

The four big ministries should be a rotation. Enough piss farting around on the issue. FM and FPM need to make it clear to the speaker of the house. Currently he is dictating everything as PMA and Hariri don't want to deal with the issue at hand. The only way the MOF will be the shia signature if the President and the Vice PM have veto powers kameina which means that 2 muslims and 2 christians have veto. The constitution should be amended if this is what the shia want. If they dont want to open this door then I suggest they have another ministry as rotation should take place. There should be no government without rotation I don't care how long it takes.

loubnaniTO

loubnaniTO

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    Hence I am saying that the MOF should be in the hands of the President. Having one sect dictate the whole government is wrong. The MOF wasn't build just to not sign. His signature was needed just for Financial matters as it will bring a financial impact. It wasn't meant to be for a sect to block something that they don't agree with which is the issue currently at hand. We need the MOF to be in the hands of the President.

I don't think that GMA became President for FPM to become the opposition. They should stay in the government and fight for the ministry. One sect having veto powers in the government and parliament is absurd.
    that's part of the whole sectarian/confessional disease that we're suffering from. Berri wants the MoF for the chiaa so he can have a CHIAA signature alongside the Maronite president and the Sunni PM! and if he's not taking credit for something he will derail it. and then accuses Gebran of being sectarian!
    YOu take away this signature and power from the chiaa, the next thing you have is another civil war like the one that started with the Sunnis not happy they dont have enough power. It is a vicious circle, that will never end if we don't have a SECULAR system where politics are completely separated from religion. i know this is harder than reaching the sun with a Boeing, but i think we should start working on it, so that one day our grand-grand-grand-grand-grand children might get there...

!Aoune32

!Aoune32

that's part of the whole sectarian/confessional disease that we're suffering from. Berri wants the MoF for the chiaa so he can have a CHIAA signature alongside the Maronite president and the Sunni PM! and if he's not taking credit for something he will derail it. and then accuses Gebran of being sectarian!
    YOu take away this signature and power from the chiaa, the next thing you have is another civil war like the one that started with the Sunnis not happy they dont have enough power. It is a vicious circle, that will never end if we don't have a SECULAR system where politics are completely separated from religion. i know this is harder than reaching the sun with a Boeing, but i think we should start working on it, so that one day our grand-grand-grand-grand-grand children might get there...
    The SHIA signature was never an issue when the PM was Hariri. Why is it an issue now??? Due to PMA being President. If they want a civil war which I don't think they want then they shall get it. The country is too important for one sect to take veto powers in the gov and parliament. This is not acceptable and have never in the history of the country been the case. They need to fight Berri for the MOF...Each government should have a rotation of the 4 major sects for the MOF or they take the MOF and a constitutional amendment happens for the President and Vice PM to also have veto powers OR no government shall see the light of day.