"ليش بعد في شباب تيار وطني حر؟؟"

elias-aj

Legendary Member
When will you consider that the cultures prevailing in the country make it impossible to build a state? The acronyms you stated are simply the latest ones to impede building a state. And when they disappear other ones will take their place with the same exact outcome.

What that wretched country needs is a mo3tamar ta2sisi. The unfortunate thing about that is that you need a minimum degree of honesty between the power brokers in the country and that has never existed in my lifetime and nor will it exist afterwards.

Blaming this and that and excluding the party you support is a practise everyone is capable of with the same expected outcome.

Anyone who doesn't think we are heading towards a civil way is foolish. In fact we are way overdue for one.

Go on accuse me of negativity. I am still waiting for the day to apologise to everyone for being wrong.
Shadow, you can have different cultures and yet, manage to build a state. Look at France or the US.

The factions I stated are not political parties but militias and mafias, supported unfortunately by a lot of Lebanese.

I won’t accuse you of negativity though, when the sole political party in this farm (whether you like them or disagree with them) is FPM. I excluded them from my rant, of course. I wouldn’t equate them with the others, as they are of a different nature - notwithstanding my take on FPM and its leaders. You can’t compare a political party that made mistakes (or which is led by some people you may not like) with criminals, psychopaths and thieves.

Viral

Shadow, you can have different cultures and yet, manage to build a state. Look at France or the US.

The factions I stated are not political parties but militias and mafias, supported unfortunately by a lot of Lebanese.

I won’t accuse you of negativity though, when the sole political party in this farm (whether you like them or disagree with them) is FPM. I excluded them from my rant, of course. I wouldn’t equate them with the others, as they are of a different nature - notwithstanding my take on FPM and its leaders. You can’t compare a political party that made mistakes (or which is led by some people you may not like) with criminals, psychopaths and thieves.
I wonder how pure and perfect those who accuse the FPM of imperfection are... Unless of course they happen to be LF, Amal, FM or PSP, then we have to bow in front of them for their nobility.

Dr. Strangelove

Nuclear War Expert
Staff member
When will you consider that the cultures prevailing in the country make it impossible to build a state? The acronyms you stated are simply the latest ones to impede building a state. And when they disappear other ones will take their place with the same exact outcome.

What that wretched country needs is a mo3tamar ta2sisi. The unfortunate thing about that is that you need a minimum degree of honesty between the power brokers in the country and that has never existed in my lifetime and nor will it exist afterwards.

Blaming this and that and excluding the party you support is a practise everyone is capable of with the same expected outcome.

Anyone who doesn't think we are heading towards a civil way is foolish. In fact we are way overdue for one.

Go on accuse me of negativity. I am still waiting for the day to apologise to everyone for being wrong.
Every time I stumble upon a shadow1 post, two thoughts immediately flash into my mind:

-"Ah, I can expect a well-written and coherent post."
-"Ah, I can expect to be depressed for the remainder of the week."

freelebanonn

Legendary Member

Best post yet. I agree with you 100% and that what i was telling all my friends . With this culture , its impossible to build a country regardless of who reaches power. We need a mo2tamar ta2sisi badly, but as you sad it also needs honest people in order for that mo2tamar to happen in the first place and to reach concrete and positive results later on.

shadow1

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter

Would you hold the same opinion, I wonder, if the North Africans make up a majority of the French population?
Besides, in those countries, there is a dominant culture under the law which, though it may not like the other cultures, still does not wish to annihilate them physically. Not yet anyway.

A nation must have common values and do you think I and a HA follower have anything in common in terms of values, morals and ethics, social and political customs? Dont be naive, nothing a Hizbullite loves more than seeing me six feet under ground or, in those rare moments of compassion, well outside the country.

The second point i want to comment on is your usage of the word a lot. I d use the word majority. The next election which I btw do not believe will happen but, assuming i am wrong, you will see very minor change in the composition of parliament and hence why I am struggling to have even an epsilon hope in the future of the country for the next one hundred years.

Finally Re FPM. Been there done that, time to move on. You are betting on a horse that has been in a shrinking mode from day one. I look at trends not fads.

shadow1

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Every time I stumble upon a shadow1 post, two thoughts immediately flash into my mind:

-"Ah, I can expect a well-written and coherent post."
-"Ah, I can expect to be depressed for the remainder of the week."
I win on both counts.

shadow1

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Best post yet. I agree with you 100% and that what i was telling all my friends . With this culture , its impossible to build a country regardless of who reaches power. We need a mo2tamar ta2sisi badly, but as you sad it also needs honest people in order for that mo2tamar to happen in the first place and to reach concrete and positive results later on.
You cant have a mo2tamar ta2sisi and every time two lebanese politicians meet, third among them is lying and deception. Besides, you need people to respect their word. Tell me honestly how much faith could you ever have in the word or the pledge given by any leb politician? I have none. We have a good constitution and good laws in the country and yet they mean nothing either to people or to politicians and 7ella if you can.

Unless you have another 200 hundred years to live , think very carefully if you are willing to spend the remainder of your life and that of your children and their children in misery waiting for one superstitious god to triumph over another.

freelebanonn

Legendary Member
You cant have a mo2tamar ta2sisi and every time two lebanese politicians meet, third among them is lying and deception. Besides, you need people to respect their word. Tell me honestly how much faith could you ever have in the word or the pledge given by any leb politician? I have none. We have a good constitution and good laws in the country and yet they mean nothing either to people or to politicians and 7ella if you can.

Unless you have another 200 hundred years to live , think very carefully if you are willing to spend the remainder of your life and that of your children and their children in misery waiting for one superstitious god to triumph over another.
You may not like my post now but i will talk sectarianly to say that christians want a mo2tamar ta2sisi badly but muslims dont especially sunna. They wont let go easily of what benefits taef gave them. Every politician in the country knows that taef is dead thats why they are all only fighting to strengthen their positions inside the current terkibe ( like Berri holding on the finance ministry for life) so they can sit on the table when the mo2tamar ta2sisi becomes inevitable having a strong backup so they can negotiate a better slice of the new cake.

Everything else you are seeing in the country is just to pass time ( wa2et badal dayi3) and the more the country collapses the closer we become to that mo2tamar.

Christians want a new mo2tamar that preserves their rights in the country
Sunna want to hold on taer
Chi3a wants moutelate.

shadow1

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
You may not like my post now but i will talk sectarianly to say that christians want a mo2tamar ta2sisi badly but muslims dont especially sunna. They wont let go easily of what benefits taef gave them. Every politician in the country knows that taef is dead thats why they are all only fighting to strengthen their positions inside the current terkibe ( like Berri holding on the finance ministry for life) so they can sit on the table when the mo2tamar ta2sisi becomes inevitable having a strong backup so they can negotiate a better slice of the new cake.

Everything else you are seeing in the country is just to pass time ( wa2et badal dayi3) and the more the country collapses the closer we become to that mo2tamar.

Christians want a new mo2tamar that preserves their rights in the country
Sunna want to hold on taer
Chi3a wants moutelate.
Explain to me how you can build a decent country when the sunnas are the enemies of the Christians and the shia and the shia are the enemies of the sunna and the christians and the christians are the enemies of both.

I explained all this in so many of my 2006 postings when i tried to justify why I couldnt be swept up in the then excitement about the promised new Lebanon.
Lebanon will remain in this state of instability and degradation until one sect manages to annihilate all the other sects. (same situation in all ME countries) Only then will the adherents of that sect give priority to their needs as human beings. For the time being they wont because I said it a million times you can only hope to have a decent society when people in that society love themselves more than they hate the others. Until then we will continue going in circles in a downward spiral sustained by nothing other than an affected elusive hope.

Add to this horrid political situation the economic factors. They are usually the overriding factors in people's decisions about the future. I figured for whatever is remaining of my natural life, I cant see any way how the country can solve this issue in less than two or three decades.(if ever). So really I dont give a flying **** about what is happening. To me the game is well and truly over. The country and its people are way too corrupt for my taste and I need neither. I am way too unfit to survive in such nefarious environment.

I expect the majority of christians to leave lebanon in the next twenty years. The shia and the Sunni will fight it out among themselves for dominance. Some say the Shia will prevail. I disagree with that.

To be frank with you. once Fairuz dies that country will have lost the last of its attraction.. It will bring me closure.

Last edited:

The_FPMer

Explain to me how you can build a decent country when the sunnas are the enemies of the Christians and the shia and the shia are the enemies of the sunna and the christians and the christians are the enemies of both.

I explained all this in so many of my 2006 postings when i tried to justify why I couldnt be swept up in the then excitement about the promised new Lebanon.
Lebanon will remain in this state of instability and degradation until one sect manages to annihilate all the other sects. (same situation in all ME countries) Only then will the adherents of that sect give priority to their needs as human beings. For the time being they wont because I said it a million times you can only hope to have a decent society when people in that society love themselves more than they hate the others. Until then we will continue going in circles in a downward spiral sustained by nothing other than an affected elusive hope.

Add to this horrid political situation the economic factors. They are usually the overriding factors in people's decisions about the future. I figured for whatever is remaining of my natural life, I cant see any way how the country can solve this issue in less than two or three decades.(if ever). So really I dont give a flying **** about what is happening. To me the game is well and truly over. The country and its people are way too corrupt for my taste and I need neither. I am way too unfit to survive in such nefarious environment.

I expect the majority of christians to leave lebanon in the next twenty years. The shia and the Sunni will fight it out among themselves for dominance. Some say the Shia will prevail. I disagree with that.

To be frank with you. once Fairuz dies that country will have lost the last of its attraction.. I can then bring closure to what has been a traumatic life.
The fact that we haven't been able to produce one decent singer/band or painter or philosopher or thinker or even entrepreneur in the last two decades proves that we're already dead even if all the current crop of politicians somehow disappear.

The zenith of Lebanese existence is a full stomach and a day full of laughter and having a good time. How can we compete on a global scale when the dream of most Lebanese is to live like toddlers with adult needs?

Manifesto

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Tayyar l 2awedem!
FB1E6NqX0AU257G

You couldn't be more right.
جبران طَيَّر الأوادِم

Manifesto

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
The fact that we haven't been able to produce one decent singer/band or painter or philosopher or thinker or even entrepreneur in the last two decades proves that we're already dead even if all the current crop of politicians somehow disappear.

The zenith of Lebanese existence is a full stomach and a day full of laughter and having a good time. How can we compete on a global scale when the dream of most Lebanese is to live like toddlers with adult needs?

Must be all that great Phoenician heritage :rolleyes:

elias-aj

Legendary Member
Would you hold the same opinion, I wonder, if the North Africans make up a majority of the French population?
Besides, in those countries, there is a dominant culture under the law which, though it may not like the other cultures, still does not wish to annihilate them physically. Not yet anyway.

A nation must have common values and do you think I and a HA follower have anything in common in terms of values, morals and ethics, social and political customs? Dont be naive, nothing a Hizbullite loves more than seeing me six feet under ground or, in those rare moments of compassion, well outside the country.

The second point i want to comment on is your usage of the word a lot. I d use the word majority. The next election which I btw do not believe will happen but, assuming i am wrong, you will see very minor change in the composition of parliament and hence why I am struggling to have even an epsilon hope in the future of the country for the next one hundred years.

Finally Re FPM. Been there done that, time to move on. You are betting on a horse that has been in a shrinking mode from day one. I look at trends not fads.
There are major cities on France with a population in majority muslim. It is actually a serious challenge for the French system.

You are talking about a nation but Lebanon won’t be a nation. Rather a homeland (in French constitutional law and politics, there is a difference between « la nation » and « la patrie »).

I agree with you on the use of the term majority rather than a lot.

As for FPM, I’m not trying to convince anyone they will save the country. But that equating them with the others is wrong from every perspective.