هل سقط القناع عن ماجدة الرومي؟

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

At a time when the world is boycotting Saudi Arabia following its brutal murder of Khashoggi, Majida El Roumi holds a concert in the province of al-Ola and describes Saudi Arabia as "the kingdom of good".
Naturally, she was accompanied by Saudi puppets like Fouad Sanioura and Sami Fatfat, and the usual dhimmis: Amin Gemayel, Michel Sleiman, Fares Soeid...

Perhaps most striking was the presence of Ragheb Alama, the defender of people's rights. :rolleyes: Is he aware that the KSA has a hand in "totyeer el balad"?

To borrow Majida's own words, all I can I say at this time is "Saqata el qina3".
(you gotta give me some credit for the creative thread title)

أحيت الفنانة ماجدة الرومي حفل افتتاح مهرجان "شتاء طنطورة"، الذي يقام في مدينة العلا السياحية بالمملكة العربية السعودية، في حضور وزير الثقافة السعودي الأمير بدر بن عبد الله بن فرحان آل سعود، وعدد كبير من المسؤولين السعوديين.

وحضر إلى المملكة العربية السعودية خصوصا لحضور هذا الحفل، الرئيسان أمين الجميل وميشال سليمان، الرئيس فؤاد السنيورة، الوزراء في حكومة تصريف الاعمال: الاعلام ملحم الرياشي، السياحة اواديس كيدانيان، التربية والتعليم العالي مروان حمادة، والدولة لشؤون النازحين معين المرعبي، السفيران السعودي والاماراتي في لبنان وليد بخاري وحمد سعيد الشامسي، النواب: ميشال معوض، سامي فتفت وائل ابو فاعور وديما جمالي، الوزيران السابقان بطرس حرب وابراهيم شمس الدين، النائب السابق فارس سعيد، نقيب الصحافة عوني الكعكي، نقيب المحررين جوزف قصيفي، محافظ بيروت القاضي زياد شبيب، رئيس المجلس البلدي لبيروت جمال عيتاني، السيدة منى الهراوي، مديرة "الوكالة الوطنية للاعلام" لور سليمان صعب، أمين عام تيار "المستقبل" أحمد الحريري، رئيس الهيئات الاقتصادية رئيس اتحاد غرف التجارة والصناعة في لبنان محمد شقير، الدكتورة مي شدياق، الفنانون: نجوى كرم، وليد توفيق، راغب علامة، وأسامة الرحباني وشخصيات فنية واعلامية.

الرومي
وفي بداية الحفل، قالت الرومي: "أفتخر بالغناء في هذا البلد الحبيب الذي نقدره ونحترم شعبه كثيرا. في قلبي كلام كثير، لا أعلم من أين أبدأ. هذه الأرض، التي قبل أن تخص قلوبنا، نحن نحسبها منذ زمن على ضمائرنا، إذ أصبح لنا فيها بيوت وأهل، تماما كما في بلدنا".

أضافت: "بكل الوفاء الموجود في قلبي وبكل صدق، أتمنى أن تبقى هذه الأرض الطيبة عاصمة للخير، وأن يبقى دارها دار العز وسيوفها سيوف النصر، وأن تبقى أيضا البهية الأبية العربية العزيزة على الله وعلى قلوبنا جميعا، أدام الله عزكم".

وأطربت الرومي الجمهور بأجمل أغانيها.

ماجدة الرومي أحيت حفل افتتاح مهرجان شتاء طنطورة بمدينة العلا

• Advertisement
  • Jorje

Jorje

Legendary Member
    She probably got a shit ton of money. can't blame her. She's no politician.

Isn't she M14 anyway?

Oh and shes overrated.

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

She probably got a shit ton of money. can't blame her. She's no politician.
    Isn't she M14 anyway?
    I wouldn't be blaming her if she just stuck to singing.
    But she's always promoted herself as "an artist with a message" who cares about human rights and whatnot.
    When she goes to Saudi Arabia she's contradicting everything she stands for.

Oh and she's overrated.
    Totally agree. I think her voice can be successfully recreated in a studio by shoving a truck horn up a goat's butt.

Last edited:
    Lebmonage

Lebmonage

Legendary Member
    I wouldn't be blaming her if she just stuck to singing.
    But she's always promoted herself as "an artist with a message" who cares about human rights and whatnot.
    When she goes to Saudi Arabia she's contradicting everything she stands for.

Totally agree. I think her voice can be successfully recreated in a studio by shoving a truck horn up a goat's butt.
    Money can do a lot of damage to the average Lebanese psyche. It can transform a conservative, extremist, retrogressive and anti-Muslim Maronite fanatic to a pro-Wahhabi fundamentalist. Money, money, money!!! Have money and you will become a saint in the eyes of the racists!!!

light-in-dark

light-in-dark

Legendary Member
    Ma tkabro el kossass wal nass akbar min hajmoun. Haflit Tarab wa intahit.will kil intarabo haounik aou indarabo. Yalla killo machi

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

Ma tkabro el kossass wal nass akbar min hajmoun. Haflit Tarab wa intahit.will kil intarabo haounik aou indarabo. Yalla killo machi
    She's taking part in the polishing of Mohamed Bin Salman's image, while Saudi missiles continue to fall on Yemen killing innocent children.
    She sang for children, justice, and human rights. Yet she chose to attend a concert funded by a ruthless dictatorship and showered the regime with praise.

If that doesn't make her a hoe, I don't know what does.

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    Kenit lebse el hijab hiyye w 3am bet majjid bl saoudiyé?? ??

Joe tayyar

Joe tayyar

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Does anyone gave a photo for the spectators, I heard they were head banging and stage diving, is that true?

Lebanese Pride

Lebanese Pride

Orange Room Supporter
    Lol who gives a f*ck about Khashoggi? Hes probably enjoying hell with his idol Ben Laden.

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

Lol who gives a f*ck about Khashoggi? Hes probably enjoying hell with his idol Ben Laden.
    What about Saudi's disproportionate attacks on Yemen and the blockade which caused the worst humanitarian crisis in decades?

If LFers had an ounce of decency they would denounce Saudi Arabia's actions. A decent person rejects all acts of violence. He doesn't turn a blind eye to the crimes committed by his allies.

Samir Geagea was the first to defend Bin Salman. It speaks volumes of his character.

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

You should amend the thread title to:
    Mariah Carey, what does she REALLY want for Christmas?
    Even the most hardcore feminists would bow down to the petrodollar.

Perhaps she just wants to please her Saudi fans though?
    As long as she doesn't praise the Saudi government like that brown-noser Majida, it's fine.

light-in-dark

light-in-dark

Legendary Member
    She want to eat some big dates.
    She loves dates what we can do.sa7tein.
    All feminists love dates.