06-06-2020 Chamel Roukoz day in the sun?

Do you support Chamel Roukoz for next President of the Lebanese Republic?

• Total voters
  • Advertisement
  • Manifesto

Manifesto

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    No offense, but what's Aoun's legacy?
    He lost the war against the Syrians and the economy collapsed during his tenure.
    Ma 3endo shi y7otto 3al CV.

Lebnaouneh

Lebnaouneh

No offense, but what's Aoun's legacy?
    He lost the war against the Syrians and the economy collapsed during his tenure.
    Ma 3endo shi y7otto 3al CV.
    His legacy is fighting the Lebanese fight.
    He stood against Taef which was a treaty to surrender the sovereignty of your country and pillage it, consequences we are still bearing until now.
    He is fighting to liberate Lebanon economically.
    He is standing against the US plans to include Lebanon in the regional unrest and naturalize the palestinians and syrians.
    Failing is expected when you are only relying on Lebanese muscles and don't have international backers.
    The shame is on you for not adequately supporting him, and not the other way around.

The_FPMer

The_FPMer

He stood against Taef which was a treaty to surrender the sovereignty of your country and pillage it, consequences we are still bearing until now.
    He is standing against the US plans to include Lebanon in the regional unrest and naturalize the palestinians and syrians.
    Failing is expected when you are only relying on Lebanese muscles and don't have international backers.
    The shame is on you for not adequately supporting him, and not the other way around.
    I support his intentions but his instincts, strategies and tactics are almost always wrong. He's a reactionary man, always was. His 3anze w law tarit approach invariably ends in a disaster.

Taef agreement came after a series of defeats that emanated from intra-Christian fighting that BOTH Geagea and Aoun are responsible for regardless if both camps play the victim card. Tripartite agreement failed because the Christians weren't yet on their knees. Michel Aoun should have made a deal with the Syrians who became a fait-accompli and tried to work from within until the time was right. Instead He and Geagea were ousted and Christians were annihilited from government institutions.

He came back allied against US plans but completely sided with Syrian and Iranian plans to dominate the country with complete tacit and explicit acquiescence. PMA should have pushed for decentralization and a self-sustaining economy since his return instead he was chasing short-term results by allying with Murr and HA. The impetus that PMA had in 2005 was unseen before, he alone could have changed the fate of this country had he not created an anachronisticly-minded political party built on the worship of his personality and the complete reversal of his pre-2005 beliefs and statements by giving a carte blanche to an armed entity that's many times more powerful than the state itself and thereby empowering one sect over everybody else but antagonizing it and alienating it from the others thus creating massive sectarian schism.

Last edited:
    Achilles

Achilles

I don’t think it’s relevant to talk about the legacy of this or that leader.

Aoun’s haters will say that whenever he came to power it ended up with a huge disaster for the country. Military disaster in 1989 with a huge Christian exodus... and a financial disaster in 2020 with mostly another (probably mainly Christian) exodus in the coming months and years. They will pinpoint his flip flop and lack of strategic vision. And his inability in changing anything despite having more potential, MPs, ministers and influence than any other president before him.

Aoun’s follower will keep saying that he had good intention, that he fought for freedom in 1989, that despite what happened most people were with him back then, and that today despite his effort he wasn’t helped by other leaders in the country, and that he can’t do everything alone. That he inherited a rotten situation yet didn’t created it himself or was responsible for it himself etc.

All this is irrelevant. In 20, 30 years history will judge, and people will remember this era and label it their own way, the same as they do now when they speak about past eras (Chamoun, Chehab, Frangie, Sarkis or others)

What is certain is that things aren’t going to change in the next 2-3 years.

Maybe after the next parliamentary and presidential elections, Lebanese will mature a little bit and a new leadership will be in place with a realistic vision and plan to help remove this country from the huge mess in which it is actually stuck.

Manifesto

Manifesto

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I don’t think it’s relevant to talk about the legacy of this or that leader.

Aoun’s haters will say that whenever he came to power it ended up with a huge disaster for the country. Military disaster in 1989 with a huge Christian exodus... and a financial disaster in 2020 with mostly another (probably mainly Christian) exodus in the coming months and years. They will pinpoint his flip flop and lack of strategic vision. And his inability in changing anything despite having more potential, MPs, ministers and influence than any other president before him.

Aoun’s follower will keep saying that he had good intention, that he fought for freedom in 1989, that despite what happened most people were with him back then, and that today despite his effort he wasn’t helped by other leaders in the country, and that he can’t do everything alone. That he inherited a rotten situation yet didn’t created it himself or was responsible for it himself etc.

All this is irrelevant. In 20, 30 years history will judge, and people will remember this era and label it their own way, the same as they do now when they speak about past eras (Chamoun, Chehab, Frangie, Sarkis or others)

What is certain is that things aren’t going to change in the next 2-3 years.

Maybe after the next parliamentary and presidential elections, Lebanese will mature a little bit and a new leadership will be in place with a realistic vision and plan to help remove this country from the huge mess in which it is actually stuck.
    I don't care how well-intentioned Aoun is.
    Good intentions never built a country. It's actions that count.

This will go down in history as Lebanon's worst era, and no one will remember Aoun's intentions.

The_FPMer

The_FPMer

This will go down in history as Lebanon's worst era, and no one will remember Aoun's intentions.
    I remember some FPMers' laughable excuse for FPM's ministers not resigning being "eza henne fallo men baddo yre2ib el fased?". Had FPM done at the very least a PR stunt and warned the Lebanese of the impeding doom in 2017-2018 PMA's legacy would have been a bit different.

JustLeb

JustLeb

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter

Hindsight he fought for his own interest and the one of his family.
    We were so naive to think it was otherwise.
    Allying himself to Michel El Murr and Sleiman Franjieh in 2005 was a shock to me (I have a post of that time)
    but I swallowed it blaming March 14 for this.
    If you look at the events from 2005 till now he allied himself to everyone he used to attack and accuse to be corrupt.
    Once he reached power, we thought he will shake the system and drain the swamp, it turned out that he plunged into it.
    When cornered, he and his fer2et el za2ifeh have a magic response: ما خلونا
    Now if family members are fighting each others, it is not our concern.
    I am happy that Roukoz is shading light to this family hypocrisy, I support him in that no matter what his true intentions,
    but I don't expect him to be any different on the long run.

JustLeb

JustLeb

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Mr. President no need to rush it is only the 4th year of your term, shou sayer 3leyk. leave it to Bassil when he becomes president.
    It is not like you have been talking about corruption for at least 10years then forgot about it since 2016.
    Do you know the story about the shepherd who used to cry "Wolf!" ?

O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
    Hindsight he fought for his own interest and the one of his family.
    We were so naive to think it was otherwise.
    Allying himself to Michel El Murr and Sleiman Franjieh in 2005 was a shock to me (I have a post of that time)
    but I swallowed it blaming March 14 for this.
    If you look at the events from 2005 till now he allied himself to everyone he used to attack and accuse to be corrupt.
    Once he reached power, we thought he will shake the system and drain the swamp, it turned out that he plunged into it.
    When cornered, he and his fer2et el za2ifeh have a magic response: ما خلونا
    Now if family members are fighting each others, it is not our concern.
    I am happy that Roukoz is shading light to this family hypocrisy, I support him in that no matter what his true intentions,
    but I don't expect him to be any different on the long run.
    I remember there was a thread about it but can not find it!
    It would be fun to read these old posts see how ppl reacted back then..

I think many were shocked, it was like unexpected slap..
    as he was claiming not to ally with Murr and it was all false and lies but on the election day he literally made a faja2nakom mouuuu..

In the end most people swallowed it but things happened and some things were said.. and the rest is known..

SAVO

SAVO

samir gaegae : next president .

ashraf rifi :next prime minister .

dima sadek : next speaker for the parliament

shadow1

shadow1

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Oh the things that could have been and never were. History (and he is now history) will not judge him on intentions that could have existed or couldnt. That we will never know. We will remember him however as the man who has failed in every endeavour he has undertaken except getting himself elected president to preside over a coutnry where the state is in a state of irreversible decay. He bravely fought for it and yet he surrendered it willingly to a party that does not even believe we have the right to live let alone to live in prosperity. He will be the man best remembered for under his watch 80% of population fell below the poverty line, half of the christians left the coutnry, the economy in tatters, the environment in disastrous state, govt services ceased to exist except on a level at par with the poorest nations in the world. Had he just focused on solving the garbage crisis and nothing else he will have deserved to have a street named after him. He championed the cause of change and reform and accomplished neither. Anyway with or without him the country would have reached a similar state. It would have been more honourabe for him to let it happen under someone else's watch but what do you do with a self righteous ego. He had good ideas but who doesn't. He equated good slogans with good actions. Pity history doesn;t judge you on your catchy turn of phrase

Poor Aoun I was once one of his ardent supporters. Now I truly feel sorry for him, The president that could have done something good but, alas, he he didn;t. He couldn;t beat them so he joined him. At least in this respect he acted wisely and many of his relatives and cronies will thank their lucky stars for his effort. AS for the rest of the population, they deserve what they get and now is the time to face the music. Alas!

Manifesto

Manifesto

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Oh the things that could have been and never were. History (and he is now history) will not judge him on intentions that could have existed or couldnt. That we will never know. We will remember him however as the man who has failed in every endeavour he has undertaken except getting himself elected president to preside over a coutnry where the state is in a state of irreversible decay. He bravely fought for it and yet he surrendered it willingly to a party that does not even believe we have the right to live let alone to live in prosperity. He will be the man best remembered for under his watch 80% of population fell below the poverty line, half of the christians left the coutnry, the economy in tatters, the environment in disastrous state, govt services ceased to exist except on a level at par with the poorest nations in the world. Had he just focused on solving the garbage crisis and nothing else he will have deserved to have a street named after him. He championed the cause of change and reform and accomplished neither. Anyway with or without him the country would have reached a similar state. It would have been more honourabe for him to let it happen under someone else's watch but what do you do with a self righteous ego. He had good ideas but who doesn't. He equated good slogans with good actions. Pity history doesn;t judge you on your catchy turn of phrase

Poor Aoun I was once one of his ardent supporters. Now I truly feel sorry for him, The president that could have done something good but, alas, he he didn;t. He couldn;t beat them so he joined him. At least in this respect he acted wisely and many of his relatives and cronies will thank their lucky stars for his effort. AS for the rest of the population, they deserve what they get and now is the time to face the music. Alas!
    He deserves to have a commemorative plaque carved on Nahr El-Kalb rocks that says "ma khallou yeshteghil".

JustLeb

JustLeb

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Bassilis are not able to swallow it.
    They talk as if we are living in the Eldorado and Roukoz betrayed.
    They don't talk about their incompetences and that they have been in power for 15 years and their achievements sucks.
    But they dont see that, all they know is ما خلونا