+18 Adult Show @ 'Discotek' Night Club in Beirut

Should adult shows be allowed in Lebanon?

• Yes

Votes: 29 90.6%
  • No

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
@LiNk @freelebanon @spacecreature @The Jade @walidos @SeaAb @Iron Maiden @manifesto @Nonan @Muki @Rock @gramsci @Death To Google @loubnaniTO @joseph_lubnan @Jorje @Frisbeetarian @dodzi @Danny Z

------------

much material is being laid in here that can be used to expose your position for what it really is and by that pave the way for Truth (in the upcoming days insha'allah), but now i'd like to have a quick passing word

by claiming there's no objective morality, you would be automatically conceding what this claim entails; that your morality, like that of others, is not objective; if your morality is not objective then why should anyone or any group of people endorse it rather than endorse a different/opposite morality with different/opposite outcome/consequence to yours? on what ground should 'the other' subscribe to your morality, other than the ground of 'having it forcibly imposed, followed and applied blindly'? on what ground would you be able to defend your morality against a differing one that may contradict yours (or be exclusive of you and your way of life), but, like yours, is forcibly imposed and followed blindly, rendered to following divine/unjustified commands, where the will supersedes reason, where something is true and moral because 'i' or some other authority/entity says/commands/wills so? your 'relativistic' worldview, where objective truth doesn't exist, entails that the different/competing moralities have the same merit/validity as yours, and that they (their endorsers) would therefore be as much justified as yourselves in shouting out 'slippery slope' from inside their own safe-space against those who challenge them on it, or in imposing their morality on others when they are out on their mission

indeed, this dangerously farcical worldview of yours pushes its adherents between a rock and a hard place; you cannot rationally/objectively support your position, and when you attempt to, you'd be invalidating it and contradicting yourselves; attempting to objectively state and defend the view that 'objective truth doesn't exist'. so other than shit-eating grins, what do you have to offer in defense of it?
Just in case I didn’t make myself clear in my last post to you, please stop tagging me, I have no intention of engaging.

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
we can debate this forever, and we will probably never reach an agreement on things like that, because it is a matter of opinion.
by the way, i respect your opinion on your views on "adult" issues, but i am not sure i would group everything under the decay in society banner.
there are societies in our world that are very liberal (adult shows, prostitution, same sex marriage, etc), and yet they are very ethical when it comes to relationships between people and with their surrounding... they respect nature, they help the needy, they donate, they respect people who are different, they receive refugees, they believe in true democracy, they value human life, etc (look at several Scandinavian and other European countries). While in other places where they supposedly promote "ethics" and society is conservative, you see the total opposite ... scandals in the Vatican (corruption, child abuse, etc), wars in middle eastern conservative countries, and not to mention the "human rights" in the ultra conservative muslim regimes. Look at us in Lebanon, we've always prided ourselves as being holier than though, conservative reserved society, and yet we had prostitution (regulated) before war, and "moral decay" now, and when there was no "moral decay", we were killing each other like animals.

We sometimes have a picture in our minds of how perfect society could be, conforming to our OWN image of ethics and values, to the point where we believe that these are the ULTIMATE ethics and values, refusing to accept others who might have different views on ethics and values.

And finally... no, i do not agree that the two situations (the nightclub issue) and the 2 families feuding with rockets in the Bekaa are related... in any way. It is easy to group them and say that's all because they do not conform to MY OWN ethics and values... but they are absolutely different.

i have to add this. the liberals perception of liberty is very flawed, especially when it is centered around meaningless sexual issues. you want to see how real threats to liberties go undetected by liberal radars? take a look at this. and yes, i know what you are going to say ahead of time. you disagree and you are all for freedom etc... but the reality is that the mainstream perception of progress, freedom and liberty has veered so far off from its intended course that the people who share this deformed understanding of freedoms and liberties are now themselves a threat to freedoms and liberties in their bolder sense.

check why the border police denied Lauren entry to the UK. do you think they would have dared to ban her if she was coming to the UK to participate in a strip show? with the emphasis on the word dared. how many special interests organizations would have been gone up in fury then? how many young men and women would have presented us with the silliest lectures about cultures and diversity and personal liberties etc.... as we are seeing here?

and pay very close attention to what she says at 10:00

Last edited:

Sayyid Muki

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
i have to add this. the liberals perception of liberty is very flawed, especially when it is centered around meaningless sexual issues. you want to see how real threats to liberties go undetected by liberal radars? take a look at this. and yes, i know what you are going to say ahead of time. you disagree and you are all for freedom etc... but the reality is that the mainstream perception of progress, freedom and liberty has veered so far off from its intended course that the people who share this deformed understanding of freedoms and liberties are now themselves a threat to freedoms and liberties in their bolder sense.

check why the border police denied Lauren entry to the UK. do you think they would have dared to ban her if she was coming to the UK to participate in a strip show? with the emphasis on the word dared. how many special interests organizations would have been gone up in fury then? how many young men and women would have presented us with the silliest lectures about cultures and diversity and personal liberties etc.... as we are seeing here?

and pay very close attention to what she says at 10:00

Who banned Lauren from entering? UK Parliament? Conservatives have a majority there. Border police? They're apolitical. Loud liberal groups? They have no political power.

She should not be banned from entering -- she's a nobody and by banning her, she's made into somebody.

I think a strip show is more moral than preventing NGO ships from rescuing drowning refugees in the Mediterranean, but to each their own morality.

Sayyid Muki

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Dark Angel said:
She should not be banned from entering -- she's a nobody and by banning her, she's made into somebody.

Just in case this isn't clear -- you should rejoice that they banned her, and be thanking them. They made a somebody out of this depraved person.

Last edited:

Manifesto

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Just in case this isn't clear -- you should rejoice that they banned her, and be thanking them. They made a somebody out of this depraved person.

Remind me to vote for you in the upcoming Oroom elections. Ktir salbeh rasak.

Indie

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Who banned Lauren from entering? UK Parliament? Conservatives have a majority there. Border police? They're apolitical. Loud liberal groups? They have no political power.

I think a strip show is more moral than preventing NGO ships from rescuing drowning refugees in the Mediterranean, but to each their own morality.

Another strawman? DA didn't claim that what Lauren Southern did was moral.

I am not a fan of hers but to detain her under terrorism charges while allowing ISIS members back in the country is preposterous.

Dark Angel

Legendary Member

and this is the perfect illustration of my point, the state of mind of many people has decayed to the point where it can no longer perceive freedom except through their genitals. you didn't hesitate to call me names over the sex show, but not only do you not understand the threat that instances such as the one i highlighted pose to freedom and liberty, but you also appear to rejoice in it an endorse it, regardless of whether it is for trolling or not. the end result remains the same, both your intellect and ethics have decayed below the threshold needed to safeguard liberties.

who on earth argued otherwise and where on earth does that come from? are you even capable of making a decent reply without making things up? and then you dare accuse others of straw-men arguments? te3tir..

Last edited:

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
Orange Room Supporter
So it seems Sasha Velour, a famous drag queen, will be performing at The Grand Factory, Beirut this Sunday.

Another scandal in the making?

But then again the public got used to Bassem Feghali and male belly dancers.

Plastik POP Night ft. Sasha Velour • Night Nomads

She won rpdr last year... Also plastik has a history of hosting rpdr drag queens, they're actually a leading magazine in the drag scene and they organise many events last time I think it was Alaska who visited Lebanon with absolutely no issues

Also I freaking love Sasha velour and wish I was in Lebanon for this lol!

Edit 2:

Alaska in a plastik event :

And violet chachki:

Last edited:

Rock

Legendary Member
Another strawman? DA didn't claim that what Lauren Southern did was moral.

I am not a fan of hers but to detain her under terrorism charges while allowing ISIS members back in the country is preposterous.
What's with all the Strawmans? Have you been reading any books about the art of arguing and applying it here? But there are plenty of other fallacies being used all over the forum...

PS: I also tried to shove some anti fallacies before here, but no one cared to reply or argue back :(

Indie

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
What's with all the Strawmans? Have you been reading any books about the art of arguing and applying it here? But there are plenty of other fallacies being used all over the forum...

PS: I also tried to shove some anti fallacies before here, but no one cared to reply or argue back :(

I discovered logical fallacies a decade ago, and decided to read up on them. It's one of those topics that you can't simply discover and walk past, unless you're determined to stay ignorant. I also took critical thinking / logic from the philosophy department, in my electives at uni.

And you're right. Logical fallacies are everywhere...on and off the forum.