• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

1982 Lebanese dream which became a deception

light-in-dark

Legendary Member

Don't stop dreaming for having beautiful united nation with a strong president on top of Lebanese army and prosper country.

kmarthe

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter

The irony is that Georges Hawi was killed, supposedly, by the same ones he used to serve and who killed Bashir. Had Hawi and his alikes chosen Lebanon over the Palestinians and the Syrians, not only his life would have been spared but Israel wouldn't have succeeded in getting into the Lebanese picture men el assess, lots of destruction would have been avoided, and thousands of Lebanese from all communities would have not been killed and wounded. Allah yerhamo, Georges Hawi, but he could be classified as a traitor according to the context of the 80s.

kmarthe

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter

Look at that declaration of Georges Hawi. It is obvious 14 of March with Syrian Ghazy Kanaan killed him.

The man died and one should probably turn the page and let him rest in peace, but he was also part of the political class he was criticizing! He did not probably get some personal benefit, but nevertheless he was a puppet. Syria was an occupation, like any other occupation, who killed, robbed and humiliated the Lebanese people. The Syrians were worse than the Israelis! Now they are paying the price for what they did in Lebanon and for all their wrong conduct...

light-in-dark

Legendary Member
Nn
Zaman el taghyiir Bashir.
Lazim nghyir ism takatoul el isla7 wal taghyiir.

El na7iss ha2to rakib el taaghyiir 7ata star ti3tir.

Plz don't even use Kilmet Nahij, char7o el na7iss rakibha.

Nonan

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Just a quick note, deception in English does not mean disappointment (i.e. Déception in French)

light-in-dark

Legendary Member
Leaders like Bashir died believing in a certain strong Lebanese Nation sovereign and United.

This song is a dedication to our beloved Lebanese army.

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Well may be "deception" describes better the silly illusion this thread is about.
I hope you're not being nostalgic about the folkloric prime time of ancient nazl el sourour days when leftists, stalinists, bolsheviks, somali and libyan mercenaries together with Syrio-Palestinian sa3ika and the rest of the baathi inspired plethora were happily married with children. :D

I personally think Bachir is another warlord guy whose role became a natural reaction to the above and under the prevailing conditions then lived by the Christians. For them he represented the genuin dream -what you call silly illusion- they had about reclaiming back their country from the gathered forces of Dark (in)Vader.

In reality he was a late product of the Cairo agreement his father and the other Maronite dumbs signed under. Had he, and the older dumbs, been wiser, they'd have called at early stage, before the syrian invasion, for an own "taif" and made a political peace deal with their mulsim Lebanese partners.. bass yalla, may they all rest in peace.. and we too.

Impera

I hope you're not being nostalgic about the folkloric prime time of ancient nazl el sourour days when leftists, stalinists, bolsheviks, somali and libyan mercenaries together with Syrio-Palestinian sa3ika and the rest of the baathi inspired plethora were happily married with children. :D

I personally think Bachir is another warlord guy whose role became a natural reaction to the above and under the prevailing conditions then lived by the Christians. For them he represented the genuin dream -what you call silly illusion- they had about reclaiming back their country from the gathered forces of Dark (in)Vader.

In reality he was a late product of the Cairo agreement his father and the other Maronite dumbs signed under. Had he, and the older dumbs, been wiser, they'd have called at early stage, before the syrian invasion, for an own "taif" and made a political peace deal with their mulsim Lebanese partners.. bass yalla, may they all rest in peace.. and we too.

It's very easy to suggest political moves 4 decades later.

The Cairo agreement was in many ways forced on the Christians just like Taif agreement.