• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

1982 Lebanese dream which became a deception

agnostic

Legendary Member
๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿผ ๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿผ
Glorifying local terrorism, violence against fellow Lebanese and a sectarian warlord, who was the face of fascism in Lebanon and who killed his countrymen based on ID out of hate.
๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿผ ๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿผ

You are opening very old issues. BG died 40 years ago by being killed. A large part of Lebanese Christians venerate him and consider him a martyr. We don't like our martyrs to be bashed. Therefore we shouldn't bash others' martyrs.

Manifesto

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
You are opening very old issues. BG died 40 years ago by being killed. A large part of Lebanese Christians venerate him and consider him a martyr. We don't like our martyrs to be bashed. Therefore we shouldn't bash others' martyrs.
Just because a big percentage of Lebanese Christians happen to glorify a war criminal, doesn't that make him less of a war criminal or makes him immune to criticism.
It simply means Lebanese people are morally bankrupt.

#notamartyr

agnostic

Legendary Member
Just because a big percentage of Lebanese Christians happen to glorify a war criminal, doesn't that make him less of a war criminal or makes him immune to criticism.

#notamartyr

Do whatever you wish. I don't care since you are not Shi3a.

Rafidi

Legendary Member

Dont worry. They dont care. They bash evreyone anyways. They dont need an excuse, reason or pretext. They do it all the time. If I or we do it sometimes, maybe it would make them have a rethink next before assaulting others. Except if you want to justify their bashing to be as a result of you calling "all" of them "jens 3atel" (your favorite ๐Ÿ˜‰). Or you reserve the right to bash them?

Besides, what i said is not "bashing". These are facts. He was a sectarian warlord. He led a fascist party. He killed civilians. What bashing? These are facts, not things i invented. So if i state these when someone is glorifying him, it is not bashing. It is a wake up call so we dont embolden others to make a repeat.

Last edited:

Rafidi

Legendary Member

#notamartyr

I have forgiven your sins, my son. You have atoned for them on this blessed Sunday. So I've clicked the unignore button.

Rafidi

Legendary Member
Welcome to Lebanon....

Thanks.

So what? What makes that worse than leading a communist or Shiite Islamist party?

I dont really know. But if you do, let us know so we can analyze the points you have.

You mean like how Hezbollah kills Israeli civilians?

I'm not aware Hezballah "kills" Israehelli civilians.

In the 2006 war for example, most or the overwhelming number of those killed on the Israehelli side were combatants or Israehelli terrorist soldiers. While most of those Israehell killed on the Lebanese side were civilians.

But are you an Israehelli civilian? If not, I'd wait for an Israehelli civilian to state that.

light-in-dark

Legendary Member
You spend your day lecturing us about peace and unity, and scolding us for "akel khass" and then you go and post a thread glorifying a war criminal like Bachir? Are you freaking serious?
You spend your day lecturing us about peace and unity, and scolding us for "akel khass" and then you go and post a thread glorifying a war criminal like Bachir? Are you freaking serious?
No comment.
Go and read what I sent before here.
I agree with agnostic we have to. Respect each other martyrs. We aiming a nation.
I donโ€™t agree all what Bashir gemayel have done but in wijdan el jins el 3atil us the hero.