2006 Formula 1 season Updates and Analysis

Osiris

The first Grand Prix of the new 2006 F1 season will take place in Bahrain on Sunday March 12th.

Just a quick reminder of the new rules of this season:

1- Return of tyre changes in pit stops.
2- 2.5 liter V8 engine instead of the old 3 liter V10 in 2005.
3- Qualifying change - new knock-out format:
Session 1, 15 minutes: 5 slowest drivers will be eliminated
Session 2, 15 minutes: next 5 slowest drivers will be eliminated
Session 3, 20 minutes: 10 drivers will compete for the grid

Go alonso, Fisico and Montoya! Hope Schumi's ass will be kicked once again this season too. :rolleyes: :tongue:

mtlchris

Re: 2006 Formula 1 season underway !

Only 10 drivers, wow that is too little.
Please dont tell me they still have the top 8 point system.
Before it used to be so much better with 10 6 4 3 2 1
And in the qualifying sessions, all the drivers have to do it in 15 mins? Isnt that alot?? I mean it would make more sense to me that the 1st session would be the longest since you have more drivers qualifying. And one little mistake by ANY driver can cost him his place in the race. Not really that great in my opinion.
I guess will have to watch it to get a better opinion of it and see how it works out.

DEUTSCHMAN

schumi had his 65 pole positions equal with ayrton senna bahrian for schumi for sure :p

GMAforGooD

Osiris said:
The first Grand Prix of the new 2006 F1 season will take place in Bahrain on Sunday March 12th.

Just a quick reminder of the new rules of this season:

1- Return of tyre changes in pit stops.
2- 2.5 liter V8 engine instead of the old 3 liter V10 in 2005.
3- Qualifying change - new knock-out format:
Session 1, 15 minutes: 5 slowest drivers will be eliminated
Session 2, 15 minutes: next 5 slowest drivers will be eliminated
Session 3, 20 minutes: 10 drivers will compete for the grid

Go alonso, Fisico and Montoya! Hope Schumi's ass will be kicked once again this season too. :rolleyes: :tongue:

Hard Luck , it seems Shumi will run in first place ;)

Inanna

im a tifosi!
last yr didnt really follow it well!
i thought australia was the 1st grand prix!
anyways i just checked theres nothing on tv! does anybody know what time is it, leb timing! thx!
GO SCHUMI!

Osiris

marina said:
im a tifosi!
last yr didnt really follow it well!
i thought australia was the 1st grand prix!
anyways i just checked theres nothing on tv! does anybody know what time is it, leb timing! thx!
GO SCHUMI!

Well, Alonso won this 1st Grand Prix :biggrin: :rolleyes:
Schumi came 2nd and Kimi 3rd.

Inanna

Osiris said:
Well, Alonso won this 1st Grand Prix :biggrin: :rolleyes:
Schumi came 2nd and Kimi 3rd.
oupsi dazy! im late!
alonso won! this guy is good! i heard he was great the last season! yalla que le meilleur gagne!
still glad schumi came 2nd!
i also heard villeneuve is now in bm! what was his position?

Osiris

Bahrain GP Results:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TH>Pos.</TH><TH>Driver</TH><TH>Team</TH><TH>Time</TH><TH>Points</TH></TR><TR><TD class=content2>1</TD><TD class=content2>F. Alonso</TD><TD class=content2>Renault</TD><TD class=content2>1:29:46.206</TD><TD class=content2>10</TD></TR><TR><TD class=content1>2</TD><TD class=content1>M. Schumacher</TD><TD class=content1>Ferrari</TD><TD class=content1>+ 1.246 </TD><TD class=content1>8</TD></TR><TR><TD class=content2>3</TD><TD class=content2>K. Rنikkِnen</TD><TD class=content2>McLaren</TD><TD class=content2>+ 19.360 </TD><TD class=content2>6</TD></TR><TR><TD class=content1>4</TD><TD class=content1>J. Button</TD><TD class=content1>Honda</TD><TD class=content1>+ 19.992 </TD><TD class=content1>5</TD></TR><TR><TD class=content2>5</TD><TD class=content2>JP. Montoya</TD><TD class=content2>McLaren</TD><TD class=content2>+ 37.048</TD><TD class=content2>4</TD></TR><TR><TD class=content1>6</TD><TD class=content1>M. Webber</TD><TD class=content1>Williams</TD><TD class=content1>+ 41.932</TD><TD class=content1>3</TD></TR><TR><TD class=content2>7</TD><TD class=content2>N. Rosberg</TD><TD class=content2>Williams</TD><TD class=content2>+ 1:03.043</TD><TD class=content2>2</TD></TR><TR><TD class=content1>8</TD><TD class=content1>C. Klien</TD><TD class=content1>Red Bull</TD><TD class=content1>+ 1:06.771</TD><TD class=content1>1</TD></TR><TR><TD class=content2>9</TD><TD class=content2>F. Massa</TD><TD class=content2>Ferrari</TD><TD class=content2>+ 1:09.907</TD><TD class=content2></TD></TR><TR><TD class=content1>10</TD><TD class=content1>D. Coulthard</TD><TD class=content1>Red Bull</TD><TD class=content1>+ 1:15.541</TD><TD class=content1></TD></TR><TR><TD class=content2>11</TD><TD class=content2>V. Liuzzi</TD><TD class=content2>Scuderia Toro Rosso</TD><TD class=content2>+ 1:25.997</TD><TD class=content2></TD></TR><TR><TD class=content1>12</TD><TD class=content1>N. Heidfeld</TD><TD class=content1>BMW</TD><TD class=content1>+ 1 laps</TD><TD class=content1></TD></TR><TR><TD class=content2>13</TD><TD class=content2>S. Speed</TD><TD class=content2>Scuderia Toro Rosso</TD><TD class=content2>+ 1 laps</TD><TD class=content2></TD></TR><TR><TD class=content1>14</TD><TD class=content1>R. Schumacher</TD><TD class=content1>Toyota</TD><TD class=content1>+ 1 laps</TD><TD class=content1></TD></TR><TR><TD class=content2>15</TD><TD class=content2>R. Barrichello</TD><TD class=content2>Honda</TD><TD class=content2>+ 1 laps</TD><TD class=content2></TD></TR><TR><TD class=content1>16</TD><TD class=content1>J. Trulli</TD><TD class=content1>Toyota</TD><TD class=content1>+ 1 laps</TD><TD class=content1></TD></TR><TR><TD class=content2>17</TD><TD class=content2>T. Monteiro</TD><TD class=content2>Midland F1</TD><TD class=content2>+ 2 laps</TD><TD class=content2></TD></TR><TR><TD class=content1>18</TD><TD class=content1>T. Sato</TD><TD class=content1>Super Aguri</TD><TD class=content1>+ 4 laps</TD><TD class=content1></TD></TR><TR><TD class=highlight colSpan=5>Did not finish</TD></TR><TR><TD class=content2>19</TD><TD class=content2>Y. Ide</TD><TD class=content2>Super Aguri</TD><TD class=content2>+ 20 laps</TD><TD class=content2></TD></TR><TR><TD class=content1>20</TD><TD class=content1>J. Villeneuve</TD><TD class=content1>BMW</TD><TD class=content1>+ 28 laps</TD><TD class=content1></TD></TR><TR><TD class=content2>21</TD><TD class=content2>G. Fisichella</TD><TD class=content2>Renault</TD><TD class=content2>+ 36 laps</TD><TD class=content2></TD></TR><TR><TD class=content1>22</TD><TD class=content1>C. Albers</TD><TD class=content1>Midland F1</TD><TD class=content1>+ 57 laps</TD><TD class=content1></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

mephisto794

I can't believe this guy Raikonen!!!

Is he from this planet or what???
he starts from the end of the grid and finishes on the podium... like if nothing happened ....

I think this season will be his...
well at least i hope so.

(either kimi, or chaos) ;P

Chief

WAY TO GOOOO ALONSO.....
Any driver other then the shoe maker will have my support
:)

:logo:

Feynman

Liberty05 said:
WAY TO GOOOO ALONSO.....
Any driver other then the shoe maker will have my support
:)

c est un homme ""mahzouz""
Yalla mbaya io il season 7amye,
I thik that Schmi (ou SHAMSHOUM IL JABAR) will be the champion:biggrin:

Inanna

Feynman said:
c est un homme ""mahzouz""
Yalla mbaya io il season 7amye,
I thik that Schmi (ou SHAMSHOUM IL JABAR) will be the champion:biggrin:
eno schumi is great! but i think now is the turn for others to win!
last yr schumi had a prob with his car, he was driving the 2004 car!
did he change it this yr! for the pro in these matters, what car is the fastest this yr?!
thx!

Orange Patriot

im glad to see ferrari competative again.

schumacher did well...coulda won.

will make for an interesting season this year.

last year was supposed to be the old lion against the young wolf...but ferrari's scandalous preparations robbed us of that.

it will be an interesting one. a classic theme this year. one to remember i suspect. either the crown will be officially handed over after this head to head season...or we will see the timeless story of the old lion taking one last victory over the hyped young wolf.

Osiris

Tashnag said:
Lol......someone made the below petition.

http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?f1fans&1

Haha he doesnt stand AlJazeera comentator Paul and Ayman(watever their name).

He wants Roger and Marwan Back.

Lol think he lost his brain.

hehehhhe.. funny !!
I hate Ayman.. sometimes he sounds so dumb.. Marwan is better than him !

If u remember Nadim Mhanna, this guy was by far the best F1 comentator.

Mey

GO KIMI GO KIMI GO !!!

The flying Finn !!!!

I have been a Mclaren fan since 96 and you can call me a Schumi Hater !

M Sc can dream of the title only this year, and next year with Alonso coming on board, wohooooooooo, what a Mclaren will it be. I really wish Mclaren can solve their problems with Kimi, I so much love this guy.

>Watani<

أكبر من أن يُبلعْ وأصغر من أن يقسّم
Orange Room Supporter

Mey said:
GO KIMI GO KIMI GO !!!

The flying Finn !!!!

M Sc can dream of the title only this year, and next year with Alonso coming on board, wohooooooooo, what a Mclaren will it be. I really wish Mclaren can solve their problems with Kimi, I so much love this guy.

IMG_0237.JPG

IMG_0218_000.JPG

IMG_0215.JPG

IMG_0236.JPG

Chief

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=580 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD id=norm vAlign=top width="45%">
vide.gif

2006 Malaysian Grand Prix <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
The race is tomorrow at 9:00 beirut time<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>

Below, is the starting grid

Pos
1 Giancarlo Fisichella Renault 1:33.840 <o:p></o:p>
2 Jenson Button Honda 1:33.986 <o:p></o:p>
3 Nico Rosberg Williams-Cosworth 1:34.626 <o:p></o:p>
4 Michael Schumacher Ferrari 1:34.668 <o:p></o:p>
5 Mark Webber Williams-Cosworth 1:34.672 <o:p></o:p>
6 Juan Pablo Montoya McLaren-Mercedes 1:34.916 <o:p></o:p>
7 Kimi Räikkönen McLaren-Mercedes 1:34.983 <o:p></o:p>
8 Fernando Alonso Renault 1:35.747 <o:p></o:p>
9 Christian Klien RBR-Ferrari 1:38.715 <o:p></o:p>
10 Ralf Schumacher <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Toyota</st1:place></st1:City> 1:34.586* <o:p></o:p>
11 David Coulthard RBR-Ferrari 1:34.614* <o:p></o:p>
12 Rubens Barrichello Honda 1:34.683* <o:p></o:p>
13 Jarno Trulli <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Toyota</st1:place></st1:City> 1:34.702* <o:p></o:p>
14 Jacques Villeneuve Sauber-BMW 1:34.752* <o:p></o:p>
15 Nick Heidfeld Sauber-BMW 1:34.783* <o:p></o:p>
16 Felipe Massa Ferrari 1:35.091* <o:p></o:p>
17 Scott Speed STR-Cosworth 1:36.297** <o:p></o:p>
18 Vitantonio Liuzzi STR-Cosworth 1:36.581** <o:p></o:p>
19 Christijan Albers MF1-Toyota 1:37.426** <o:p></o:p>
20 Tiago Monteiro MF1-<st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Toyota</st1:place></st1:City> 1:37.819** <o:p></o:p>
21 Takuma Sato Super Aguri-Honda 1:39.011** <o:p></o:p>
22 Yuji Ide Super Aguri-Honda 1:40.720** <o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
CHIEF

Tashnag

Schumi is 11th.Massa is 22nd.
Many drivers also behind.
BeCoz of engine failures.

mephisto794

Mey said:
GO KIMI GO KIMI GO !!!

The flying Finn !!!!

SAME THING HERE !!!

At last someone who really appreciates the excellence in driving!!

But I don't share your enthousiasm for Alonso replacing Kimi at McLaren!

I mean it is a pity that Mc Laren looses Kimi! he is much more talented than Alonso! It is not official yet, but it seems that he will be moving to the scuderia... what a loss.!