News 2016 U.S. Presidential Elections [Donald Trump wins]

Who would you vote for?

• Total voters
  • Advertisement
  • Muki

Orange Room Supporter
    If book is full of lies, let Trump sue the author under our current libel laws. That should be the easiest lawsuit ever, since Trump is saying it's all lies. Of course, that would mean the contents of the book would have to be investigated to determine whether they are true or lies.

Judging by the way the Trump administration is handling the issue, I am all but certain Trump does not wish the contents of this book scrutinized by any kind of authority, let alone a judicial authority.

I don't know whether the contents of this book are "all true" or "all lies", but I do know some content is definitely true. No one in the entire world would behave like Trump is regarding a book full of lies. I certainly would like Trump to disprove my (hunch?) by suing the author for libel. Put his money where his mouth is.

If book is full of lies, let Trump sue the author under our current libel laws. That should be the easiest lawsuit ever, since Trump is saying it's all lies. Of course, that would mean the contents of the book would have to be investigated to determine whether they are true or lies.

Judging by the way the Trump administration is handling the issue, I am all but certain Trump does not wish the contents of this book scrutinized by any kind of authority, let alone a judicial authority.

I don't know whether the contents of this book are "all true" or "all lies", but I do know some content is definitely true. No one in the entire world would behave like Trump is regarding a book full of lies. I certainly would like Trump to disprove my (hunch?) by suing the author for libel. Put his money where his mouth is.
    I think you are late, nobody is talking about Wolff's book after last Tuesday.

LVV

Ah still alive returning from the dead
    Walmart is giving its workers a pay raise and a cash bonus of up to $1,000
    Trump the Crusader economic Christian revolution
    TAX cut results
    White House praises Walmart for raising wages because of the tax bill — despite the company laying off thousands of workers on the same day

Muki

Orange Room Supporter
    You've been fooled:
    Here's a map of where Walmart is closing more than 60 Sam's Club stores

Sam's Club is owned by Walmart, and is named after Sam Walton, founder of Walmart, in case you do not know.

Furthermore, second link kinda disproves your theory...

Also, not dead. Traveling.

Muki

Orange Room Supporter
    I think you are late, nobody is talking about Wolff's book after last Tuesday.
    I haven't been to forum or online much the past couple of months, so pardon my tardiness. Still thought I'd share my opinion on the subject.

What's the latest? Trump calling Carribean and African countries shitholes?
    My opinion is as follows: As usual, Trump lacks presidential qualities, thus he utters what he utters. On the actual subject; these people were admitted temporarily, thus their status was never permanent. I am talking about those who came to the US after devastating earthquakes or natural disasters in their countries, not those who were born here. I think it is quite clear that their situation is much more complicated than simple illegals overstaying their welcome. These people have been here for over 20 years, have long established their lives and the lives of their children in this country, to the point that their original countries have become foreign to them. I have never minded deportation of illegals or non-permanent residents, provided they are done in a smart way. Deport criminals or those who are detrimental to society, but do not deport the poor fathers and mothers working hard to feed their families and make a future for their children. Trump's approach lacks any nuisance. He pays no attention to who he deports, and he is breaking families apart and destroying lives. What's going to happen to children born here to parents being deported? What if those children were under 18? Does Trump even care? Do you?

LVV

Out of all of New York, you're recommending Trump Tower? :lol:

Unfortunately, NY is not the city I need recommendations in :p. Any other suggestions?
    Saint Patrick Church
    Rockefeller center
    Empire State Building
    Ground Zero
    World Trade Center
    Metropolitan Museum
    Macy
    5th Avenue
    Broadway
    Times Square
    China town
    Little Italy
    You will enjoy NY
    90 percent Liberal
    Take the metro and the train over the city

Muki

Orange Room Supporter
    So for you lower taxes caused this
    For me this disproves the claim that tax breaks for billionaires lead to more jobs, or better salaries.

The extra money from tax breaks goes towards bonuses for CEOs and shareholders. This 1,000 bonus to employees is a PR stunt, nothing more. And Walmart has been growing hourly rate of their employees for few years, in an effort to improve their image as the worst employer in US; it didn't become $11/hr suddenly.

LVV

For me this disproves the claim that tax breaks for billionaires lead to more jobs, or better salaries.

The extra money from tax breaks goes towards bonuses for CEOs and shareholders. This 1,000 bonus to employees is a PR stunt, nothing more. And Walmart has been growing hourly rate of their employees for few years, in an effort to improve their image as the worst employer in US; it didn't become $11/hr suddenly.
    The 10 Best New York City Restaurants 2018 - TripAdvisor
    The 38 Best Restaurants in New York City

Muki

Orange Room Supporter
    Saint Patrick Church
    Rockefeller center
    Empire State Building
    Ground Zero
    World Trade Center
    Metropolitan Museum
    Macy
    5th Avenue
    Broadway
    Times Square
    China town
    Little Italy
    You will enjoy NY
    90 percent Liberal
    Take the metro and the train over the city
    Thanks, I have my NY trip planned already. Any recommendations for surrounding states (Virginia, Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania)? I enjoy learning about local cultures and cuisines, as well as seeing unique places. If you have ideas, please let me know. I will be doing research, as well.

Muki

Orange Room Supporter
    I am going to eat at Patsy's (Sinatra's favorite place), as well as find some good NY style pizza place, preferably a hole in the wall. Also, I am going to try to make it to Carnegie Club, on Sinatra night (which is tomorrow -- well, today more accurately). But I've been driving for 13 hours and still got 2 more to reach VA where I'm spending the night, so... We shall see.

LVV

Thanks, I have my NY trip planned already. Any recommendations for surrounding states (Virginia, Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania)? I enjoy learning about local cultures and cuisines, as well as seeing unique places. If you have ideas, please let me know. I will be doing research, as well.
    I am going to eat at Patsy's (Sinatra's favorite place), as well as find some good NY style pizza place, preferably a hole in the wall. Also, I am going to try to make it to Carnegie Club, on Sinatra night (which is tomorrow -- well, today more accurately). But I've been driving for 13 hours and still got 2 more to reach VA where I'm spending the night, so... We shall see.
    Enjoy
    The 10 Best Things to Do in Pennsylvania - 2018 (with Photos) - TripAdvisor
    The Top 10 Things to Do in New Jersey 2018 - Must See Attractions in New Jersey, United States | TripAdvisor
    The 10 Best Things to Do in North Carolina Mountains - 2018 (with Photos) - TripAdvisor

Muki

Orange Room Supporter
    90 percent Liberal
    Not sure why you are fixated on labels, or why you think a person's political inclination defines a person's worth, value, characteristics, or personality, or determines whether I associate with them or not.

FYI, I spent some time in Jackson, Mississippi and Montgomery, Alabama. I met some locals who were Trump supporters... and our discussions were friendly and courteous, and we came to find out that we agreed on much more issues than we disagreed. Certainly that the political climate is becoming toxic and almost irreversibly polarized.

LVV

Not sure why you are fixated on labels, or why you think a person's political inclination defines a person's worth, value, characteristics, or personality, or determines whether I associate with them or not.

FYI, I spent some time in Jackson, Mississippi and Montgomery, Alabama. I met some locals who were Trump supporters... and our discussions were friendly and courteous, and we came to find out that we agreed on much more issues than we disagreed. Certainly that the political climate is becoming toxic and almost irreversibly polarized.
    True we are all humans
    What joins us is much more than what divise us