• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

USA 2016 u.s. presidential elections [donald trump wins]

Who would you vote for?

• Total voters
Dynamite Joe

Dynamite Joe

I like Trump and all but why didnt he build the wall when the republicans had all the power for 2 years? This reminds of when FPM had 10 ministers in the government and blamed the government for not being able to do shit.
Self interest so he can get elected again. Timing is everything in politics. The partial government shutdown was just the first step which his strategists knew would end in no deal. Next step will be taken soon and run its course through the year, a theme that will galvanize his base. If they they negotiate a deal in the coming weeks, Trump may pressure democrats into another government shutdown or call a national emergency. If need be, he will drag this our throughout the year so he looks like a fighter to his base who like a bit of red meat. While the democrats will be viewed as obstructionists by the white xenophobic racists that elected Trump. Anyway, the democrats deserve it, they are part of the same rotten government. Makes no difference who is elected in the U.S. It's really a one party system designed to marginalize political diversity and maintain the status quo.

Anyway, this is all bullshit and posturing. The U.S. should be run over by all of Latin America for the way they have abused their power with their neocolonialist foreign policy. Not surprising considering they built a country with mass slave labor over the countless unmarked graves of the natives they slaughtered to near extinction.

• Advertisement
  • proIsrael-nonIsraeli

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
    I like Trump and all but why didnt he build the wall when the republicans had all the power for 2 years? This reminds of when FPM had 10 ministers in the government and blamed the government for not being able to do shit.
    @LVV pretty much has answered it, but I also want to add this - perhaps Trump had bigger fishes to fry before he got to it and I think that last caravan has underscored the necessity to act now.

Muki

Muki

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Self interest so he can get elected again. Timing is everything in politics. The partial government shutdown was just the first step which his strategists knew would end in no deal. Next step will be taken soon and run its course through the year, a theme that will galvanize his base. If they they negotiate a deal in the coming weeks, Trump may pressure democrats into another government shutdown or call a national emergency. If need be, he will drag this our throughout the year so he looks like a fighter to his base who like a bit of red meat. While the democrats will be viewed as obstructionists by the white xenophobic racists that elected Trump. Anyway, the democrats deserve it, they are part of the same rotten government. Makes no difference who is elected in the U.S. It's really a one party system designed to marginalize political diversity and maintain the status quo.

Anyway, this is all bullshit and posturing. The U.S. should be run over by all of Latin America for the way they have abused their power with their neocolonialist foreign policy. Not surprising considering they built a country with mass slave labor over the countless unmarked graves of the natives they slaughtered to near extinction.
    Shutdowns never work.
    The public has always been able to discern who is responsible for shutdown, and has always punished the responsible party in the next elections.

The question is if enough people will care by the time 2020 comes around. My guess is that this likely won't be the only shutdown, so the answer will be yes. But time will tell.

Calling all liars benefits the biggest liars of all, and undermines the honest ones. Your perspective seems to have been formed on basis of US foreign policy. While foreign policy is not the highest on list of priorities of American citizens, there are clear differences in how Democrats and Republicans handle foreign policy. The charge is baseless.

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
    Shutdowns never work.
    The public has always been able to discern who is responsible for shutdown, and has always punished the responsible party in the next elections.

The question is if enough people will care by the time 2020 comes around. My guess is that this likely won't be the only shutdown, so the answer will be yes. But time will tell.

Calling all liars benefits the biggest liars of all, and undermines the honest ones. Your perspective seems to have been formed on basis of US foreign policy. While foreign policy is not the highest on list of priorities of American citizens, there are clear differences in how Democrats and Republicans handle foreign policy. The charge is baseless.
    I agree, shutdown is not effective, line-item veto is much more effective.

Our budget is so huge there is enough Democrat supported pork to build a wall circumventing equator few times - Trump should hold that hostage.

Muki

Muki

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I agree, shutdown is not effective, line-item veto is much more effective.

Our budget is so huge there is enough Democrat supported pork to build a wall circumventing equator few times - Trump should hold that hostage.
    He can certainly try. He's known for holding American people hostage to get what he wants. But as you know, we do not negotiate with terrorists.

FYI wall money is not related to budget at all. It is a separate appropriation. Trump is picking political fight with Democrat House after Republicans failed to give him what he wants in 2 years. He will fail and will be punished in 2020.

Why didn't he shutdown the government in 2017 and 2018 when Republicans controlled both Chambers of Congress and passed budgets WITHOUT wall money?

Muki

Muki

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    How long will it take Trump supporters to realize that you don't surround yourself with dirty people unless you're dirty yourself? -Stephen King

Dynamite Joe

Dynamite Joe

Shutdowns never work.

I would argue the opposite, there's a stark difference in their domestic policy, but very little in foreign policy. Nevermind what they campaign on and or what's reported in the media. I'm talking about what actually happens. The overall strategy is the same with aesthetic makeovers. Anyway, I'm drifting off-topic.

Muki

Muki

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I would argue the opposite, there's a stark difference in their domestic policy, but very little in foreign policy. Nevermind what they campaign on and or what's reported in the media. I'm talking about what actually happens. The overall strategy is the same with aesthetic makeovers. Anyway, I'm drifting off-topic.
    Up until Trump, yes. The next president will inherit a foreign policy disaster.
    At the end of the day, whatever the affiliation of US president his conduct will be to benefit of America. That is why the differences are overshadowed.

Needless to say, no argument that the major difference between the two is in domestic policy.

Dynamite Joe

Dynamite Joe

At the end of the day, whatever the affiliation of US president his conduct will be to benefit of America. That is why the differences are overshadowed.

Needless to say, no argument that the major difference between the two is in domestic policy.
    To the benefit of America I agree. My issue is it shouldn't always have to be at the expense of others. Not to mention a foreign policy that relies heavily on methods such as exploitation, cowboy diplomacy, use or threat of force, divide and conquer... needless to say, not constructive to the people or nations on the other end.

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member

"The next president will inherit a foreign policy disaster" - for instance?

mikeys71

mikeys71

The idiot in chief blast his own chief security teams. He appointed them and now he is telling to go back to school. Lol what a moron