2019 Coronavirus Disease "COVID-19" [10,000,000 Confirmed Cases Worldwide]

Genius

Genius

Legendary Member
The UK authorities and scientific community are sure that dealing with this outbreak by this way, in their country, with their capabilities, is a far better solution than going from an inevitable outbreak to another. Debate them and they might explain it better in their term.

To me, the theory itself is plausible, as long as no vaccine exists, and no full containment on the face of the Planet is anywhere visible. It's not just plausible, it is actually where we might be heading, unfortunately. And the Brits are already planning this next step ahead.
Non sense. The UK will soon be like italy if not worst if they don't act now.
The only viable solution so far seems slowing down the spread and massive early screening which was successful in Hong Kong, Singapore and Korea.
The virus could mutate and affect the youth in a devastating manner.
Most experts agree on that, but you have a history of finding a controversial story which you think, will make you look intelligent.

• Advertisement
  • Mrsrx

Mrsrx

Somehow a Member
    Staff member
    The UK authorities and scientific community might be wrong because they don't know all the facts. This is naive empiricism that Prof. Taleb is trying to explain.

Most virologists and epidemiologists are saying the best way to control the spread and slow it down is through social distancing, because this has been shown to work in Korea and China.
    Maybe ...just maybe and i am not defending that policy but i have been trying to make sense of the UK's position and the best thing i can come up with is

Scare the shit of your population until they respect social distancing because its every man for himself when shit hits the fan. Otherwise cooperation of the people seems limited in the rest of europe...i work with brits and they tend to seem panicky more than the french in this period.
    I think i am giving them too much credit on this i think its just a superiority complex of we know better.

Abou Sandal

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    On your first point, there are too many unknowns which makes a small variation of factors massively deadly. Taleb addressed that point at length. The non-elderly are still vulnerable at low proportions true but that translates to very high numbers. Numbers of dead that is. A good documented precedent for you is the Spanish flu. Philadelphia did not quarantine and relied on advisories for vulnerable people, St. Louis quarantined. The results were devastating for Philly.

On your second point, you are not isolating the whole population to shield them as you are in the case of the herd immunity. You are slowing down its exponential propagation everywhere. This translates to slower spread and more room to treat, react and isolate infections. It will result in herd immunity but at a much lower and controllable speed.
    The theory AND the counter-theory, both assume multiple elements that can be confirmed and/or denied. Basically that's a long debate.

Mind you, herd immunity is what makes all outbreaks die out as it is the natural course of things.
    No not at all. This is precisely NOT what the theory is about. Far from that.

Mrsrx

Mrsrx

Somehow a Member
    Staff member
    IMG-20200316-WA0008.jpg

This is around Paris. Things might be getting tight here.

Image got on whatsapp no source no date so take it with a grain of salt

Last edited by a moderator:
    CitizenOfTheRepublic

CitizenOfTheRepublic

Legendary Member
    For those interested in learning from a great leader how to handle a pandemic, here are his literal and exact words unaltered and unfiltered.

January 22: “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. It’s going to be just fine.”
    February 2: “We pretty much shut it down coming in from China.”
    February 24: “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA… Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”
    February 25: “CDC and my Administration are doing a GREAT job of handling Coronavirus.”
    February 25: “I think that's a problem that’s going to go away… They have studied it. They know very much. In fact, we’re very close to a vaccine.”
    February 26: “The 15 (cases in the US) within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero.”
    February 26: “We're going very substantially down, not up.”
    February 27: “One day it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”
    February 28: “We're ordering a lot of supplies. We're ordering a lot of, uh, elements that frankly we wouldn't be ordering unless it was something like this. But we're ordering a lot of different elements of medical.”
    March 2: “You take a solid flu vaccine, you don't think that could have an impact, or much of an impact, on corona?”
    March 2: “A lot of things are happening, a lot of very exciting things are happening and they’re happening very rapidly.”
    March 4: “If we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work — some of them go to work, but they get better.”
    March 5: “I NEVER said people that are feeling sick should go to work.”
    March 5: “The United States… has, as of now, only 129 cases… and 11 deaths. We are working very hard to keep these numbers as low as possible!”
    March 6: “I think we’re doing a really good job in this country at keeping it down… a tremendous job at keeping it down.”
    March 6: “Anybody right now, and yesterday, anybody that needs a test gets a test. They’re there. And the tests are beautiful…. the tests are all perfect like the letter was perfect. The transcription was perfect. Right? This was not as perfect as that but pretty good.”
    March 6: “I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it… Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president.”
    March 6: “I don't need to have the numbers double because of one ship that wasn't our fault.”
    March 8: “We have a perfectly coordinated and fine tuned plan at the White House for our attack on CoronaVirus.”
    March 9: “This blindsided the world.”
    March 13:"I don't take responsibility at all."

NewLeb

NewLeb

For those interested in learning from a great leader how to handle a pandemic, here are his literal and exact words unaltered and unfiltered.

January 22: “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. It’s going to be just fine.”
    February 24: “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA… Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”
    February 25: “CDC and my Administration are doing a GREAT job of handling Coronavirus.”
    February 25: “I think that's a problem that’s going to go away… They have studied it. They know very much. In fact, we’re very close to a vaccine.”
    February 26: “The 15 (cases in the US) within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero.”
    February 28: “We're ordering a lot of supplies. We're ordering a lot of, uh, elements that frankly we wouldn't be ordering unless it was something like this. But we're ordering a lot of different elements of medical.”
    March 2: “You take a solid flu vaccine, you don't think that could have an impact, or much of an impact, on corona?”
    March 2: “A lot of things are happening, a lot of very exciting things are happening and they’re happening very rapidly.”
    March 4: “If we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work — some of them go to work, but they get better.”
    March 5: “The United States… has, as of now, only 129 cases… and 11 deaths. We are working very hard to keep these numbers as low as possible!”
    March 6: “I think we’re doing a really good job in this country at keeping it down… a tremendous job at keeping it down.”
    March 6: “Anybody right now, and yesterday, anybody that needs a test gets a test. They’re there. And the tests are beautiful…. the tests are all perfect like the letter was perfect. The transcription was perfect. Right? This was not as perfect as that but pretty good.”
    March 6: “I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it… Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president.”
    March 6: “I don't need to have the numbers double because of one ship that wasn't our fault.”
    March 8: “We have a perfectly coordinated and fine tuned plan at the White House for our attack on CoronaVirus.”
    Still doing better than Iran or Italy.

My Moria Moon

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    But if indeed such virus spread to US personnel accidentally then was transmitted to Wuhan locals, then obviously this would have been unintentional and everyone would have been caught by surprise, US instances included. And maybe they never had any contingency plan to contain it at this level...Dunno.
    The question remains: if this was intentionally spread by the US via their personnel, accidentally or intentionally, you'd logically have had an outbreak in the US before China, or at the very least at the same time. Whatever we'd think of them malicious yankees, their average Joe and media would have caught the corona signals and the news about the epidemic outbreak would have spread like the virus itself.
    So it doesn't really add up.

HannaTheCrusader

HannaTheCrusader

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter

leftists pro islamic mentality

TRUMP WAS THE FIRST TO STOP ALL CHINSE FLIGHTS, first nation to do so

and comparing with that obama did with the flu outbreak during his administration
    TRUMP IS LIGHT YEARS AHEAD

its scary how the left pro islamic people from the usa all the way to lebanon
    are so full of negativity, defeatism, criticism and not even a solution
    just good at mockery and plain negativity

HannaTheCrusader

HannaTheCrusader

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    mea the pig mohamad hout wroking from home and not even fumigating the offices

1584367985444.png 1584367985444.png

Abou Sandal

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    The question remains: if this was intentionally spread by the US via their personnel, accidentally or intentionally, you'd logically have had an outbreak in the US before China, or at the very least at the same time. Whatever we'd think of them malicious yankees, their average Joe and media would have caught the corona signals and the news about the epidemic outbreak would have spread like the virus itself.
    So it doesn't really add up.
    You are assuming a "logical scenario" that is not necessarily that logical, then building conclusions upon it. Here is another "logical scenario". What if a mini outbreak within military personnel already took place then was contained before spreading to the outside and then covered up? Would that sound as a possible scenario? Also the US has already had dead people tested, and Corona found in them before anyone knew about it, yet hid and is still hiding it. Why? See, unless data is released and all facts are made public, many question marks will keep popping up.

HannaTheCrusader

HannaTheCrusader

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    the left wants that idot and someone who is having ealru dementia to run the usa
    he shuld be retsing and relaxing among hs family
    its sad to see him fumble on doialy basis and slur his speeches