2019 Coronavirus Disease "COVID-19" [5,000,000 Confirmed Cases Worldwide]

Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove

Nuclear War Expert
Staff member
I’d argue give that we’re in everybody’s heads more than any other country. Even Mr. Nasrallah can’t help but mention Trump’s name whenever he gives a speech.
The US is undeniably a massive influence on the world, especially when it comes to politics. However, bickering between parties is rarely an indicator of anybody being in the right.

In my opinion, its very irresponsible to politicize the treatment, by either side.

• Advertisement
  • loubnaniTO

loubnaniTO

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    Exactly, it's shocking how a country with so much money, doesn't give its people their most basic rights.
    All they live by is slogans about how great america is without realizing that they're getting nothing of this greatness.
    i guess that’s the dark side of the “American dream” that many don’t dare to admit. The dream is about the opportunity to prosper and become rich even if you were poor. But the dark side is that if you fall and need help, that dream continues without you and crushes you.
    The dream is there, but only for the fortunate ones.
    their healthcare system is one of the best in the world. Top doctors, state of the art equipment, but only for the rich and the lucky ones.

I feel bad for half of the Americans. The half that is really concerned about this epidemic, but helplessly watching the other half stupidly discounting it and not taking it too seriously (at least up until a few days ago). One minute it’s a hoax, then it will end like a miracle, then we will reopen by Easter everything will be ok...

loubnaniTO

loubnaniTO

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    The US is undeniably a massive influence on the world, especially when it comes to politics. However, bickering between parties is rarely an indicator of anybody being in the right.

In my opinion, its very irresponsible to politicize the treatment, by either side.
    absolutely! As an example, our premier here in Ontario (he’s like the prime minister of the province), is disliked by the majority. A conservative bully who is even disliked by conservatives. In this crisis, he’s been handling the situation really well, being very realistic and transparent, showing a compassionate side that he hasn’t shown before, and most importantly, he’s been cooperating and praising the liberal prime minister (Trudeau) for the unity he’s showing in this crisis.

Abou Sandal

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Exactly, it's shocking how a country with so much money, doesn't give its people their most basic rights.
    All they live by is slogans about how great america is without realizing that they're getting nothing of this greatness.
    America has tremendous knowledge, power and capabilities, truly admirable, but it's not necessarily used to the benefit of its common citizens.

Genius

Genius

Legendary Member
    i guess that’s the dark side of the “American dream” that many don’t dare to admit. The dream is about the opportunity to prosper and become rich even if you were poor. But the dark side is that if you fall and need help, that dream continues without you and crushes you.
    The dream is there, but only for the fortunate ones.
    their healthcare system is one of the best in the world. Top doctors, state of the art equipment, but only for the rich and the lucky ones.

I feel bad for half of the Americans. The half that is really concerned about this epidemic, but helplessly watching the other half stupidly discounting it and not taking it too seriously (at least up until a few days ago). One minute it’s a hoax, then it will end like a miracle, then we will reopen by Easter everything will be ok...
    The American dream is about equality in opportunity and freedom. It's not only about money.
    It applies also to worship. Ask our brothers in Dearborn.

SeaAb

SeaAb

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    The American dream is about equality in opportunity and freedom. It's not only about money.
    It applies also to worship. Ask our brothers in Dearborn.
    Ayya equality in opportunity? It's mostly dictated by the zip code and neighborhood you're raised in.

Genius

Genius

Legendary Member
    Ayya equality in opportunity? It's mostly dictated by the zip code and neighborhood you're raised in.
    You are free to believe extremes and build your view of the whole country on these extremes.
    The country has some issues, no n one can deny that, like every other country, especially considering the size and colorful landscape.

TayyarBeino

TayyarBeino

Legendary Member

15:14

معلومات للـLBCI : مجلس الوزراء أقر آلية اعادة اللبنانيين من الخارج

Nonan

Nonan

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    their healthcare system is one of the best in the world. Top doctors, state of the art equipment, but only for the rich and the lucky ..
    I am absolutely in agreement with the rest of your post (although one would argue how “open” and realistic is that dream today, but still better than in other societies I guess), I have an issue with the above. I guess by any measure my family and I are privileged and are probably in the “rich and lucky” based on your statement, and I would still take a doctor’s visit in France over one here. Maybe what you’re saying is true for very advanced / rare / acute diseases but for 95% of the cases, the level of care, the attention, the efficacy is much higher in France than here, based on personal experience

TayyarBeino

TayyarBeino

Legendary Member

توفي الرئيس الأسبق لجمهورية الكونغو، جاك يواكيم يومبي أوبانغو (81 عاما)، إثر إصابته بفيروس كورونا “كوفيد-19”.

وأكد نجل أوبانغو، جان جاك يومبي أوبانغو، لوكالة الصحافة الفرنسية، أن والده توفي في فرنسا، بعدما تدهورت حالته الصحية بسبب إصابته بفيروس كورونا المستجد.

وأوضحت صحيفة “جورنال دي برازا” الكونغولية، أنه كان يعاني من مشاكل صحية قبل أن ينتقل إليه الفيروس.

يشار إلى أن أوبانغو كان ضابطا في الجيش قبل أن يصبح رئيسا لجمهورية الكونغو، أو ما يعرف بـ كونغو برازافيل بين العامين 1977 و1979.

كما شغل منصب رئيس الوزراء من عام 1993 حتى 1996، وعاش في المنفى بين 1997 و2007.

NewLeb

NewLeb

The main takeaway for me is how weak and divided America truly is in the face of a common danger. Its lack of infrastructure has been exposed by the pandemic, and the crookedness of its politics is costing it dearly.

I worry for the American people. It's going to be a tough couple of months for them. I feel sympathy for those who have spent the last 3 months trying to get their countrymen to listen, to little avail.
    You prove my point, we’re always in your heads. Iran’s politicians are dying like flies, but you guys can’t stop talking about America. 😂