2019 Coronavirus Disease "COVID-19" [Over a Million Reported Infections Globally]

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
All religious institutions have closed their doors during this outbreak waiting for scientists to find a cure and when they do they'll thank god for saving humanity. #7asheesh :cigar:
What's your point? The job of the clergy is to care for people's soul and the job of scientists is to find cures for diseases.

Neither could do their job without the intellect given to them by God.

• Advertisement
  • My Moria Moon

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I totally agree... and this is what I have stated in one of my previous posts... the lockdown cannot last for more than 2 or 3 weeks or else Lebanon will drop towards a jungle situation... The gov should think abt those who are paid per hour.. those who have families and that are not paid if they don't work (taxi drivers... hair dressers... teachers paid per hour...musicians in restaurants.. waiters... and the list can go on and on)

The lockdown situation should be reconsidered and I suggest that they lock down old people and people with poor health situation only..

I am not sure a country like lebanon with a gov going through a very bad economical situation can handle this lockdown more than few weeks

god help us all
    I agree.
    Furthermore, for any effective lockdown to have had results, it should have been declared at a very early stage. At least a month ago. But how could they have known what they know today? Nobody did. Nevertheless, a late lockdown, as was been issued lately, at our relatively still low rate of infected (?) (at least according to our statistics) is still far better than no lockdown. But then again: for how long can our people stay locked before they start kicking and screaming out of hunger?

If we consider a worst case corona scenario, where the peak of the epidemic spread is yet to be reached, a 3 months lockdown may be what awaits us. And that's 2 months too much for the aforementioned economic reasons. So what can we do?

We have a relatively small country. And we're used to beg for assistance. A suggestion would be to ask the South Koreans or the Chinese to send us as many test kits as is possible. Order our municipalities to organize a sweeping mass testing of the population in the big cities to start with. Identify the infected and enforce quarantine on them with heavy penalties. The rest may start moving around..

Or, turn it ellawiye, lift the curfew in a couple of weeks and let destiny decide who lives on and who perishes. I suspect at some point, sooner or later, many countries will decide to move on on that path.. for economic reasons of course.

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    It's still huge figures. I'm happy that it's getting less, but only 2 days it's not enough to consider it as a trend. Hope that the decrease will continue. Wish all the best for our brothers in Italy
    usually when the numbers become large enough the noise and jitter are relatively reduced, this what makes for the smooth progress curves; consequently the chances that the data from the last two days are a fluke is reduced, though not eliminated. the next couple of days of course will shed more light on the issue, as we are still guessing.

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    Agreed but something is not logical. Aren't we supposed to see a lag between new infections and deaths? Presumably, if we're at an inflection point for new cases, we shouldn't be yet at an inflection point for death... this should happen a few days later.
    Or maybe I'm missing something
    this is true, there should be a lag, but there may be a multitude of different reasons as to why mortality dropped in the last couple of days, including following proven methods, or an increase in the numbers of tests given to mild cases, etc... and of course, it could always be a fluke.

now there was also a decrease in the number of new infections over the last three days, which is also a good sign even if we disregard the mortality rate.

L'arbalette

L'arbalette

I totally agree... and this is what I have stated in one of my previous posts... the lockdown cannot last for more than 2 or 3 weeks or else Lebanon will drop towards a jungle situation... The gov should think abt those who are paid per hour.. those who have families and that are not paid if they don't work (taxi drivers... hair dressers... teachers paid per hour...musicians in restaurants.. waiters... and the list can go on and on)

The lockdown situation should be reconsidered and I suggest that they lock down old people and people with poor health situation only..

I am not sure a country like lebanon with a gov going through a very bad economical situation can handle this lockdown more than few weeks

god help us all
    For the lock down to be effective, 1) it has to be respected -- in that regard, I don't think the Lebanese are worse than the French or the Italians or the Americans, so let's say 70% and 2) it has to last for at least 4 weeks I gather. What's important during these 4 weeks (in addition to savings lives and treating the ill, of course) are three things
    1) Enforcing the lock-down
    2) Helping the vulnerable (physically and economically -- you still have to pay for food, shelter, etc.)
    3) Developing a strategy for the "after" -- ok, we lifted the lockdown, now what -- how do we test, quarantine, clean, keep social distancing, etc.

Orangina

Orangina

Legendary Member
    For the lock down to be effective, 1) it has to be respected -- in that regard, I don't think the Lebanese are worse than the French or the Italians or the Americans, so let's say 70% and 2) it has to last for at least 4 weeks I gather. What's important during these 4 weeks (in addition to savings lives and treating the ill, of course) are three things
    1) Enforcing the lock-down
    2) Helping the vulnerable (physically and economically -- you still have to pay for food, shelter, etc.)
    3) Developing a strategy for the "after" -- ok, we lifted the lockdown, now what -- how do we test, quarantine, clean, keep social distancing, etc.
    My concern is the point 2 in all that

How the gov intends to help those vulnerable economically?!

My Moria Moon

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    What's your point? The job of the clergy is to care for people's soul and the job of scientists is to find cures for diseases.

Neither could do their job without the intellect given to them by God.
    Exactly what I told him. God is behind not only la corona, its cause and its cure, but EVERYTHING, including GOD himself.
    bass baddik meen ye2na3o, ma bye2tini3..🤔

L'arbalette

L'arbalette

Take lessons of "mature" Leadership in the age of Corona:

View attachment 18686

View attachment 18687
    At the same time, if he was stupid enough to self medicate...
    I think Trump is doing the US a huge favor. At the end of this, the average IQ of the country is going to shoot up dramatically

L'arbalette

L'arbalette

Exactly what I told him. God is behind not only la corona, its cause and its cure, but EVERYTHING, including GOD himself.
    bass baddik meen ye2na3o, ma bye2tini3..🤔
    If God is behind God, does it make it a circular reference? (I'm consciously avoiding other jokes that may offend people)

ok, enough, I have to go back to work -- Got to love the "tele-travail"

My Moria Moon

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I have no idea. I'm a consultant. The things I'm good at are: "theorizing, pontificating, telling people "y'a k'a, faut que". I leave execution to others
    Bel ezen laken, move to the side a little then. I am a consultant too in KUA, that's the "Kicking Ugly Asses" field.

My concern is the point 2 in all that

How the gov intends to help those vulnerable economically?!
    Let the government quickly grow the Corona balls needed, start with a nice request, in the form of an order, to the political mafia / bank owners sharks who sit with all our confiscated billions, to contribute to charity points in all areas, districts, towns and villages. If weak or no response, confiscate the hell out of their squared stomachs to feed the poorer with.

NewLeb

NewLeb

Take lessons of "mature" Leadership in the age of Corona:

View attachment 18686

View attachment 18687
    Never trust the “intellectual” left;