2019 Coronavirus Disease "COVID-19" [Russia approved first Covid-19 vaccine]

• Advertisement
  • loubnaniTO

loubnaniTO

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    According to the same study, the pandemic will end sooner in the US than in Canada (May 9 vs May 16)

Maybe Trudeau should take notes from Trump, right @loubnaniTO? The curve seems be rising in Canada...
    take all models with a huge grain of salt. They had a model for Canada and the numbers were already way under within a week. The models are a very simplistic forecast based on a few assumptions and data entries. What it does not take into consideration for example:
    1- the size of the country and the spread of its population. Travel is very low at this point, so BC for example where the numbers were exploding, is now almost at the end of its curve, with hardly any new cases per day. Saskatchewan is reopening for business, while Quebec has been exploding. Same for the US... a flattening of the curve now does not mean that very soon we will see it sloping down. We might, but then again new hotspots might emerge (complacency?) so the curve might go up and down, or might be flat for a longer period of time.
    2- the size and limits of outbreaks. In Ontario for example, the numbers were rising alarmingly, but if you dig deeper, most of the new numbers and deaths were at long term care facilities, that are contained... hence the spread is not that serious in the rest of the community.
    3- the level of commitment by the general population to maintain physical distancing.
    4- the healthcare system and how much it could sustain. In Ontario for example, our infection numbers are high, however the deaths numbers and ICU (intensive care unit) occupancy numbers are way lower than forecasted by the models.

So, while i hope the spread slows down and disappears in Canada, i do wish it too for the US, Lebanon and everywhere.. at the end of the day, they are all human beings, and we live in a global economy where, eventually we will go back to traveling and commuting, and if there are hotspots anywhere in the world, we will all be at risk

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    do you have any statistics to back up this claim??

the same one who looked DIRECTLY into the sun during a solar eclipse when every human being knows one shouldn't.
    or the president who calls himself the stable genius...
    or "windmills cause cancer"
    or "new 'environment friendly' lightbulbs can cause cancer '
    or "“If we didn't remove incredibly powerful fire-retardant asbestos & replace it with junk that doesn't work, the World Trade Center would never have burned down,”

should i go on? SERIOUSLY!!! how can you guys NOT SEE he's delusional!
    Looking at the solar eclipse for a second won't hurt you. It's prolonged exposure that causes retinal burns.

As for energy-saving light bulbs, they DO actually cause cancer according to scientists.

And windmills, which are supposed to be environmentally-friendly, kill an estimated 140,000 to 328,000 birds each year.
    So much for helping mother nature...

I don't know about asbestos. I'm not engineering-savvy, but it wouldn't be the first Trump was mocked only to be proven right later.
    I'm not getting into the pro vs. anti Trump argument. Just want to say that compact fluorescent lightbulbs are apparently toxic, but there is a non-toxic environmentally-friendly alternative to regular lightbulbs: LED bulbs.

As for windmills, I haven't heard that they cause cancer, but apparently, they do cause major discomfort and illness in people who live close to them. And, yes, they are harmful to birds as well. However, they are a relatively clean source of energy, so they should be used far from inhabited areas and bird migration routes.

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I'm not getting into the pro vs. anti Trump argument. Just want to say that compact fluorescent lightbulbs are apparently toxic, but there is a non-toxic environmentally-friendly alternative to regular lightbulbs: LED bulbs.

As for windmills, I haven't heard that they cause cancer, but apparently, they do cause major discomfort and illness in people who live close to them. And, yes, they are harmful to birds as well. However, they are a relatively clean source of energy, so they should be used far from inhabited areas and bird migration routes.
    P.S. Just want to clarify regarding the wind turbines making people feel ill: it's not scientifically proven...just that quite a few people living near them report feeling sick.

Manifesto

Manifesto

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    P.S. Just want to clarify regarding the wind turbines making people feel ill: it's not scientifically proven...just that quite a few people living near them report feeling sick.
    Well, wind turbines kill thousands of birds each year and birds are important for the ecosystem and in plant reproduction which defeats the purpose if you ask me,

Most energy-efficient solutions aimed at saving the environment are actually harming it.
    We are wasting valuable money pursuing stupid clean energy solutions when there's little evidence to suggest humans are responsible for climate change.

Danny Z

Danny Z

Legendary Member
    Well, wind turbines kill thousands of birds each year and birds are important for the ecosystem and in plant reproduction which defeats the purpose if you ask me,

Most energy-efficient solutions aimed at saving the environment are actually harming it.
    We are wasting valuable money pursuing stupid clean energy solutions when there's little evidence to suggest humans are responsible for climate change.
    Little evidence? 🤣

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I agree with this. In fact, even my partial endorsement of things like windmills is not warranted, all things considered. So I take that back.

Weather or not humans are responsible for climate change is irrelevant, at this point. Humans are definitely responsible for polluting the planet and for the extinction of other species. Even if human pollution doesn't change the climate, it is still destructive in other important ways and it should be addressed.

Red Phoenix

Red Phoenix

Legendary Member
    I have a similar story from a Chinese coworker which confirms an earlier outbreak of the pandemic in Wuhan than the official Chinese version. But notwithstanding the fact of the authorities coverup, this interview leaves me with a sense of doubt regarding its genuinity. Several details make it look staged and constructed, even though the conveyed message is certainly very close to reality.
    i've been following this channel for 3 years now almost

personally i trust the guy who runs it

TayyarBeino

TayyarBeino

Legendary Member
    When Will COVID-19 End
    Data-Driven Estimation of End Dates (as of April 25, 2020)

Lebanon

Lebanon
    End 99% around May 7

file:///C:/Users/PC/Downloads/COVID19PredictionPaper20200426.pdf

+++
    حسن يؤكد ان الدراسات التي تشير لانتهاء كورونا غير دقيقة: نلتزم التعبئة العامة
    سياسة05:57

TayyarBeino

TayyarBeino

Legendary Member
    أعلن الجهاز الصحي التابع لاتحاد بلديات الضنية، بالتعاون مع طبيبة القضاء الدكتورة بسمة الشعراني، ظهور إصابة واحدة بفيروس كورونا في بلدة القطين، هي الاولى في البلدة والسابعة في الضنية، بعد اجراء فحوص
    PCR
    عشوائية في مستشفى سير الضنية الحكومي.

وكشف الجهاز الصحي عن الاشتباه ب 6 حالات أخرى مصابة ستعاد الفحوص التي أجريت لها يوم غد الاثنين، على ان تلزم الحجر المنزلي.

dyyyy

dyyyy

When Will COVID-19 End
    Data-Driven Estimation of End Dates (as of April 25, 2020)

Lebanon

Lebanon
    End 99% around May 7

file:///C:/Users/PC/Downloads/COVID19PredictionPaper20200426.pdf

+++
    حسن يؤكد ان الدراسات التي تشير لانتهاء كورونا غير دقيقة: نلتزم التعبئة العامة
    سياسة05:57
    This study is too optimistic and it uses an very basic prediction model. I hope he's not counting on this specific study.

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    أعلن الجهاز الصحي التابع لاتحاد بلديات الضنية، بالتعاون مع طبيبة القضاء الدكتورة بسمة الشعراني، ظهور إصابة واحدة بفيروس كورونا في بلدة القطين، هي الاولى في البلدة والسابعة في الضنية، بعد اجراء فحوص
    PCR
    عشوائية في مستشفى سير الضنية الحكومي.

وكشف الجهاز الصحي عن الاشتباه ب 6 حالات أخرى مصابة ستعاد الفحوص التي أجريت لها يوم غد الاثنين، على ان تلزم الحجر المنزلي.

How did these later infections happen? If we dont have community spread? Where are they coming from?