2019 Coronavirus Disease "COVID-19" [USA Surpasses China in Total Confirmed Cases]

• Advertisement
  • Abou Sandal

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter

Unemployment benefit claims skyrocket to 3.283 million

The number of Americans filing for unemployment benefit claims skyrocketed to a record-breaking 3.283 million for the week ended March 21. Consensus expectations were for 1.64 million claims. The previous record was 695,000 claims filed the week ended October 2, 1982. Initial jobless claims for the week ended March 14 jumped by 70,000 claims to 281,000 and was the largest single-week increase since the Great Recession.

L'arbalette

L'arbalette

Does that include "Sky bar" or not (PS my references are quite outdated).

On a different note, the GOP and Trump's hypocrisy has not limit. The editorial of the WSJ yesterday was arguing that it is important to reopen the economy because a recession will put people out of a job and that without a safety net, that would lead to more suicide. So you should look at how many people would die from suicide vs. from Corona to make a decision. It did not occur to them that you could strengthen the safety net to blunt the effect of the economic downturn, like all "civilized" countries our doing. Yesterday GOP senators were complaining against the temporary increase in unemployment benefits... Let's just do tax cuts and wait for them to trickle down, one day, maybe,

NewLeb

NewLeb

Unemployment benefit claims skyrocket to 3.283 million

The number of Americans filing for unemployment benefit claims skyrocketed to a record-breaking 3.283 million for the week ended March 21. Consensus expectations were for 1.64 million claims. The previous record was 695,000 claims filed the week ended October 2, 1982. Initial jobless claims for the week ended March 14 jumped by 70,000 claims to 281,000 and was the largest single-week increase since the Great Recession.

😂

Did China pass a 2 trillion dollar stimulus, whereby it pays individuals earning less than 75K over $1000 in direct deposits? Don’t think so.

NewLeb

NewLeb

i cant wait to read this post of yours on a daily basis while watching team
    america climbing to the podium, tommorow tgey overtake us, nect day they overtake iran!! sky’s the limit!! :D
    Lol, I knew people would get triggered over those numbers, which is why I’ll keep updating them. ;)

TayyarBeino

TayyarBeino

Legendary Member

• 16:21

الولايات المتحدة تفرض عقوبات جديدة على إيران

• 16:17

أرمينيا تعلن عن أول وفاة بفيروس "كورونا"