2019 Coronavirus Disease "COVID-19" [USA Surpasses China in Total Confirmed Cases]

• Advertisement
  • Lebmonage

Lebmonage

Legendary Member
    It's precautionary, Japan and Iraq have also closed schools. If you've been around children you know how fast any disease would spread among them, they lick and eat everything!
    "They lick and eat everything"? I thought only men lick and eat everything. Children too, do?

loubnaniTO

loubnaniTO

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    124 health workers at one US hospital (California) have been forced to self-quarantine after possible coronavirus exposure

CNN

Lebmonage

Lebmonage

Legendary Member
    isnt that a bit extreme??

الجامعة اللبنانيّة تقرّر تعليق الدروس والامتحانات ابتداءً من الغد​
    It seems the virus has spread in Lebanon. There are unreported cases even in the South and in the Beqaa (these are rumors though, because they have not been officially confirmed by the ministry of health). There were school children on excursion to Iran who returned. They were not quarantined. And yesterday, we heard of a Syrian (who likely wasn't visiting Iran) infected with the virus. That means he got it while in Lebanon from another person. We dont really love to spread such rumors. But yes, closing schools is a good step. Its not early at all.

LEBANESE-CIA

LEBANESE-CIA

Legendary Member
    When you are doing grocery shopping, the cart your pull is a major carrier of any trace of the virus.
    so use gloves & no direct skin contact with it.

Vision Real Life Testimony New
    Vision

Vision

Dear forumers. I contracted the coronavirus on 5th of December, developed symptoms on the 9th of December and was fully clear of symptoms by the 3rd of January.

I caught the virus literally after a 15 minute meeting with my colleague that had arrived to Sydney from Wuhan china a day earlier. The only contact we had was a hand shake and he never sneezed or coughed once

He was on his path to recovery when we met and I must have been the only person he had infected here.

At that time, the disease wasn’t even identified or recognized as a new virus.

I am sharing my experience to Inform and appease the minds of most who may be concerned.

The experience is the worse a human can endure. Imagine developing pneumonia in the middle of summer. Imagine having limited breathing, a constant headache and non-stop sweating. It’s nothing like a flu or bronchitis or the whooping cough. It’s 100x worse.

The moment I became symptomatic, I knew it was viral and very Very bad, having heard my colleagues story, and the way it hit me like a truck, so I practiced self isolation in my home for an entirety of 4 weeks that I was ill. My wife joined my in agony and my eldest daughter had very mild symptoms that disappeared almost a week later.

I’m glad I haven’t passed it on to anyone outside my household, and am healthy as a horse today.

The take outs from my experience are that a simple handshake is all it takes, so maybe limit your physical interactions. Self isolation does work. And ibuprofen is the only pain killer that helped ease the symptoms. I used nurofen zavance, it honestly helped me a lot.
    Antibiotics and panadol are absolutely useless. Avoid hospital at all cost.

I fear most for Lebanon because most Lebanese are smokers and It’s winter there. God Help Lebanon 🇱🇧

Isabella

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    Dear forumers. I contracted the coronavirus on 5th of December, developed symptoms on the 9th of December and was fully clear of symptoms by the 3rd of January.

I caught the virus literally after a 15 minute meeting with my colleague that had arrived to Sydney from Wuhan china a day earlier. The only contact we had was a hand shake and he never sneezed or coughed once

He was on his path to recovery when we met and I must have been the only person he had infected here.

I am sharing my experience to Inform and appease the minds of most who may be concerned.

The experience is the worse a human can endure. Imagine developing pneumonia in the middle of summer. Imagine having limited breathing, a constant headache and non-stop sweating. It’s nothing like a flu or bronchitis or the whooping cough. It’s 100x worse.

The moment I became symptomatic, I knew it was viral and very Very bad, having heard my colleagues story, and the way it hit me like a truck, so I practiced self isolation in my home for an entirety of 4 weeks that I was ill. My wife joined my in agony and my eldest daughter had very mild symptoms that disappeared almost a week later.

I’m glad I haven’t passed it on to anyone outside my household, and am healthy as a horse today.

The take outs from my experience are that a simple handshake is all it takes, so maybe limit your physical interactions. Self isolation does work. And ibuprofen is the only pain killer that helped ease the symptoms. I used nurofen zavance, it honestly helped me a lot.

I fear most for Lebanon because most Lebanese are smokers and It’s winter there. God Help Lebanon 🇱🇧
    Wow I'm glad you're okay now and thank you for sharing your experience. Telling people they'll probably be sick for a month and that it's horrible is not alarming at all :p

Last edited:
    Lebmonage

Lebmonage

Legendary Member

Sorry about your experience. Thanks for sharing. Why do you think your daughter's case was mild?

Vision

Vision

Wow I'm glad you're okay now and thank you for sharing your experience. Telling people they'll probably be sick for a month and that it's horrible is not alarming at all :p
    I was only sick for a month because it’s summer here and viruses die quicker in the summer heat. I fear that in Winter it could be worse there in Lebanon. Sorry to be an alarmist but the experience was unbearable.

Vision

Vision

Sorry about your experience. Thanks for sharing. Why do you think your daughter's case was mild?
    Both my wife and I are in our forties and we were both equally as bad. My 16 year old got the headaches, sweating and chest pain but never developed pneumonia. Maybe it’s because she is younger and her lungs are healthier. My other 2 children didn’t get sick at all. They are both 11 and 13 and are both athletes. I’m not sure why they were spared and why my oldest daughter cure quicker but I presume it’s to do with her age

Isabella

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    I was only sick for a month because it’s summer here and viruses die quicker in the summer heat. I fear that in Winter it could be worse there in Lebanon. Sorry to be an alarmist but the experience was unbearable.
    Oh don't worry, I'm already more than alarmed about the virus lol. Glad you're better now and hopefully we won't all have to go through your horrible experience

Vision

Vision

Oh don't worry, I'm already more than alarmed about the virus lol. Glad you're better now and hopefully we won't all have to go through your horrible experience
    I really hope you never have to experience it and I’m hearing that it can recurr so I’m being extra cautious. I don’t think my body can handle another episode.
    Stay safe and avoid people I suggest. Minimum human contact.