7 shot, 1 killed at Baptist church in Baltimore

• Thread starter proIsrael-nonIsraeli
  • Start date
proIsrael-nonIsraeli

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
And this makes total sense because bad guys tend to have a neon sign above their heads with a flashing arrow telling everyone that they are bad.
Your primitive thinking aside It actually works.
It even worked in the case of synagogue in Poway shooting - good guy with the gun was able to prevent terrorist from escaping.

• Advertisement
  • proIsrael-nonIsraeli

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
    Many people would use weapons responsibly, and many do not. It only takes one idiot to create a disaster... sorry, I disagree with your view, I think weapons should be banned
    You cannot guaranty that there will never be a situation where "takes one idiot to create a disaster", but you can aspire to create situation where there are people who are willing and able to prevent disaster of stop it short in its tracks.

Libnene Qu7

Libnene Qu7

Super Ultra Senior Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Your primitive thinking aside It actually works.
    It even worked in the case of synagogue in Poway shooting - good guy with the gun was able to prevent terrorist from escaping.
    Here's a solution, which might be difficult to comprehend at first, but think about it. What if... what if we removed guns from the equation?.. I know, mind blowing, right? This way, the real good guys (cops, national guard, military, intelligence services) would be the only ones with guns. It's extremely outlandish but take your time and dwell on it. A bit of meditation every now and then doesn't hurt.

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
    Here's a solution, which might be difficult to comprehend at first, but think about it. What if... what if we removed guns from the equation?.. I know, mind blowing, right? This way, the real good guys (cops, national guard, military, intelligence services) would be the only ones with guns. It's extremely outlandish but take your time and dwell on it. A bit of meditation every now and then doesn't hurt.
    It might be difficult for you to comprehend, but it is impossible to remove guns from equation just as it is impossible to get rid of prostitution, illegal gambling, illegal drugs, illegal anything (including guns).

Removing drugs from equation implies utopia and I do not operate in this conditions.

"removed guns from the equation" - means that only bad guys will have guns.
    "mind blowing, right?" - actually what must be blowing your mind is your own primitive thinking. Shape up!
    "This way, the real good guys (cops, national guard, military, intelligence services) would be the only ones with guns"

And where were they (cops, etc ...) when we needed them?
    Arrived post-factum?
    Feel free to tell it to victims and their families.

Libnene Qu7

Libnene Qu7

Super Ultra Senior Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    It might be difficult for you to comprehend, but it is impossible to remove guns from equation just as it is impossible to get rid of prostitution, illegal gambling, illegal drugs, illegal anything (including guns).
    Making guns illegal is the logical step. Will guns disappear? Of course not, but whoever still carries them will be easier to catch.

Removing drugs from equation implies utopia and I do not operate in this conditions.
    No one is talking about utopia. We are talking about obvious steps towards a better situation, and these obvious steps are being opposed by a very particuliar and loud group of people.

"removed guns from the equation" - means that only bad guys will have guns.
    "mind blowing, right?" - actually what must be blowing your mind is your own primitive thinking. Shape up!
    "This way, the real good guys (cops, national guard, military, intelligence services) would be the only ones with guns"
    Lol.

And where were they (cops, etc ...) when we needed them?
    Arrived post-factum?
    Feel free to tell it to victims and their families.
    Why need cops at all then? And how will you explain to the families of the victims that the murderer legally bought his weapons?

Listen, banning guns has been tried and tested and it works. And if you still have a fetish for shooting off a weapon, you can join a shooting club and fire at targets until your heart's content. But then you will return the gun to a secure locker and exit with only the rich and wonderful memories of firing lead rounds into an inanimate object.

Mrsrx

Mrsrx

Somehow a Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    What an empty, meaningless, but feel good post you've made. You must be a liberal.
    is that supposed to be an insult? liberal?
    being not filled with hatred and being scared going anywhere in the world...and hoping to leave a better world than the one i was born in...
    you can call me liberal, hippy, or any other insult in your dictionary...the thing is i dont give a **** :)

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
    Making guns illegal is the logical step. Will guns disappear? Of course not, but whoever still carries them will be easier to catch.

No one is talking about utopia. We are talking about obvious steps towards a better situation, and these obvious steps are being opposed by a very particuliar and loud group of people.

Lol.

Why need cops at all then? And how will you explain to the families of the victims that the murderer legally bought his weapons?

Listen, banning guns has been tried and tested and it works. And if you still have a fetish for shooting off a weapon, you can join a shooting club and fire at targets until your heart's content. But then you will return the gun to a secure locker and exit with only the rich and wonderful memories of firing lead rounds into an inanimate object.
    "Will guns disappear? Of course not, ..." - If guns will not disappear, then there is no point making them illegal because all you will achieve is disarm law abiding citizens.
    "but whoever still carries them will be easier to catch" - I'd love to see your reasoning regarding "easier to catch". Easier than it is today?

"No one is talking about utopia. We are talking about obvious steps" - apparently your "obvious steps" are not so obvious, may not even be logical to begin with.

"Why need cops at all then?" - because it is more convenient for society to have people of different profession. You wouldn't be arguing about who needs cars if cops drive them, will you.

"Listen, banning guns has been tried and tested and it works" - show me.

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
    is that supposed to be an insult? liberal?
    being not filled with hatred and being scared going anywhere in the world...and hoping to leave a better world than the one i was born in...
    you can call me liberal, hippy, or any other insult in your dictionary...the thing is i dont give a **** :)
    "is that supposed to be an insult?" - not meant to be as an insult, but a pity.

If you are young it is forgivable - childish passion and all like that.
    If you are over thirty that it is stupidity - you have problems with assessing reality.

Mrsrx

Mrsrx

Somehow a Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    "is that supposed to be an insult?" - not meant to be as an insult, but a pity.

If you are young it is forgivable - childish passion and all like that.
    If you are over thirty that it is stupidity - you have problems with assessing reality.
    spoken like an true grumpy old man... this is not a debate nor interesting ..
    so have a great day

B

Boat

I'd like to offer my two cents on this issue: I used to live in Switzerland (Aargau). That nation has some of the laxest laws after the US in the developed world. The biggest shooting festival there attracts around 100k a year and children young as 10 are taught to shoot.

Switzerland has one of the lowest murder rates on Earth. The gun murder rate alone is lower than Australia, and the UK's overall murder rate is twice as high as Switzerland. The reason why is because it has one of the lowest income inequality, drug possession is decriminalized, very low poverty rate, different gun culture, and good mental health services.

The gun culture is markedly different from the US however. Guns in Switzerland are used for the defense of the country (conscription is mandatory), sporting, and hunting. They don't own guns for self-defense because the nation is so safe.

Everyone here that claims every developed bans guns. Complete and utter BS. Two million Canadians own guns, Nordic nations have very high gun ownership rates as well, the process to obtain a license in the Czech Republic is the same as a driving license, furthermore you can conceal-carry in public with the regular license.

The issue with the US is not the guns. It's socioeconomic issue, and culture. If the US strived to be a nation like Switzerland with its gun culture and socioeconomics, there wouldn't be and issue.

Lastly I leave you this article: The Swiss Have Liberal Gun Laws, Too
    I have also attached a guide on how to obtain firearms in Switzerland as a citizen, and sport-shooting which is one of the most popular sports in the CH.

Attachments

B

Boat

Lol.

Lebanon has very strict gun laws, yet illegal guns are rife in the nation. How did that work out? How about Latin American nations with extremely strict laws, yet the streets are flooded with guns.