A Lebanese saying.

Belugaimiss

Hello to all. I was told by a Lebanese friend about a saying. He told me, but translated it to English: f**k a man that untied you from a tree and ties a donkey to it. I asked him if he could explain it to me, but would not. So, I’ve been racking my brain and still have not come up with the correct meaning. He won’t tell me what it means, even though he could. Can anyone please tell me. Thank you kindly.

NewLeb

Hello to all. I was told by a Lebanese friend about a saying. He told me, but translated it to English: f**k a man that untied you from a tree and ties a donkey to it. I asked him if he could explain it to me, but would not. So, I’ve been racking my brain and still have not come up with the correct meaning. He won’t tell me what it means, even though he could. Can anyone please tell me. Thank you kindly.

Never heard of it.

suri

In Syria they say يلعن يلي ربط الكر و فلتك, meaning curse whoever tied up the donkey and let you loose. As in you're dumber that a donkey and should be tied up instead of it.
The saying was mainly popularized by a TV show character:

Manifesto

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Now that you know the meaning of that expression, are you planning to stay with your boyfriend?