A question to FPMers and pro-FPMers only

Who do you think was behind Hariri's assassination?

• Total voters
AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
As the Hariri Tribunal enters final stages, how do you think the events will unfold?
Four Hezbollah members have been indicted in the crime so far. Salim Jamil Ayyash, Hassan Habib Merhi, Hussein Hassan Oneissi and Assad Hassan Sabra are currently facing trial in absentia. They are charged with conspiracy to commit a terrorist act, along with a number of other related charges.

Do you believe the tribunal is politicized or did Hizbullah really have a role in the assassination of Hariri?

• Advertisement
  • AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    @Jorje thanks for voting. I didn't know you were Pro-FPM ;)

AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    @Iron Maiden interesting choice. Israel and Hizbullah at the same time? I take it you can't make up your mind yet.

My Moria Moon

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    All signs point at the syrians and Bachar in person, for the following reasons:
    1- The habit. kenit ekhdeh 2idon ktir on assassinating Lebanese political figures. They made these a syrian moukhabarat sport they could exercise with eyes shot, while being confident they remained untouchable. (not in their wildest nightmares did they figure the man's assassination would lead to a tribunal, because ma ken ila bel 3adeh tsir hek bnob)
    2- They had all the means (logistical and intelligence)
    3- They had a strong motive (political and/or personal)

As for Hizbullah, I firstly doubted much their involvement. But then I had to reconsider the fact that those people were indebted to the Syrians for much, if the Syrians asked they may have obliged with a helping hand.

AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    So it seems that some Aounists believe Syria and Hizbullah were truly behind the assassination.
    Based on that, how come you still trust Hizbullah? And do you think Syria and Hizbullah had a valid reason to dispose of Hariri?

Joe tayyar

Joe tayyar

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Why would HA kill someone who were covering and protecting them and were in good relations, you have to look who benefit the most from this assassination and draw the conclusion. Did syria and HA benefit the most? Thats a big no! Ill leave the rest for you!

AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Why would HA kill someone who were covering and protecting them and were in good relations, you have to look who benefit the most from this assassination and draw the conclusion. Did syria and HA benefit the most? Thats a big no! Ill leave the rest for you!
    Perhaps they underestimated the repercussions of such actions?
    They got away with many assassinations during their occupation of Lebanon.

My Moria Moon

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    So it seems that some Aounists believe Syria and Hizbullah were truly behind the assassination.
    Based on that, how come you still trust Hizbullah? And do you think Syria and Hizbullah had a valid reason to dispose of Hariri?
    One doesn't need be a devoted FPMer, aounist or a supporter to answer your poll unless your only intention with the poll is your last question "Based on that, how come you still trust Hizbullah?"

But then trust is a broad concept, it would help if you'd be more specific: trust Hizballah in doing/ not doing what exactly?
    Assassinating someone else, either by own decision or if asked by Iran or Syria? Many people would probably answer no, if it turns out that Hizballah was indeed involved in assassinating Hariri, after all. But then what is the probability of them daring to commit a new mistake, now knowing that political assassinations are not so safe to commit any longer?
    Or do you mean trust in helping our state rebuild a militia-free entity by self dismantling with no questions asked nor counter demands? Most probably same as above. But some would still argue that Hizballah does nonetheless play an important role in preventing Israel from bullying our people in the south or from letting it drool over some extra space there for its expansion in a near future.
    Or trust in building healthy bridges between the christians and the shia communities? For which the answer would probably be a yes, because this did de facto happen, although to a certain, non-negligeable extent (regardless of the skeptics and doubters).

AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    One doesn't need be a devoted FPMer, aounist or a supporter to answer your poll unless your only intention with the poll is your last question "Based on that, how come you still trust Hizbullah?"

But then trust is a broad concept, it would help if you'd be more specific: trust Hizballah in doing/ not doing what exactly?
    Assassinating someone else, either by own decision or if asked by Iran or Syria? Many people would probably answer no, if it turns out that Hizballah was indeed involved in assassinating Hariri, after all. But then what is the probability of them daring to commit a new mistake, now knowing that political assassinations are not so safe to commit any longer?
    Or do you mean trust in helping our state rebuild a militia-free entity by self dismantling with no questions asked nor counter demands? Most probably same as above. But some would still argue that Hizballah does nonetheless play an important role in preventing Israel from bullying our people in the south or from letting it drool over some extra space there for its expansion in a near future.
    Or trust in building healthy bridges between the christians and the shia communities? For which the answer would probably be a yes, because this did de facto happen, although to a certain, non-negligeable extent (regardless of the skeptics and doubters).
    So correct me if I'm wrong, but you're willing to turn a blind eye to Hizbullah's terrorist activities, for the simple reason that they're "defending" the South and helping build bridges between the Christian and Shia communities? That's effed up, man.

My Moria Moon

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    So correct me if I'm wrong, but you're willing to turn a blind eye to Hizbullah's terrorist activities, for the simple reason that they're "defending" the South and helping build bridges between the Christian and Shia communities? That's effed up, man.
    I correct you: read well what I write. Come back later.. and apologize..
    Apology accepted in advance.

AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    You sound 3ashwe2e. Ma soubta, w not even close.
    OK wait, you're not pro-FPM so you took offense with the fact the post was only targeted at FPMers, which is why you didn't take part in the poll bas 7abet tetfalsaf w tektoub post nonetheless :p
    Kifneh ma3ak?

AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    @Ice Tea mamnou3 tsherik :p we all know you're not pro-FPM.
    Withdraw your vote.

My Moria Moon

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    OK wait, you're not pro-FPM so you took offense with the fact the post was only targeted at FPMers, which is why you didn't take part in the poll bas 7abet tetfalsaf w tektoub post nonetheless :p
    Kifneh ma3ak?
    You're so full of 3al howwara conclusions.
    "Not pro-FPM": Kif 7zerta haideh?
    "Took offense": where? How?
    In your paranoic state, I'd advice you to keep off the hashish and use your right hand to suck on something less excitative. :p

HannaTheCrusader

HannaTheCrusader

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    israel and saudi agreed to get rid of it
    syria, heseb were given the contract, with the tacit clearance that USA will keep a blind eye
    the duo used the islamists, as they are the foot soldiers ( most times

and true o form
    what happened to saddam ( april glaspy) happened to the syrian and heseb

they were blamed,
    and what ever they say wont be accepted

they should have known better , to do others jobs.
    they thought it will be business as usual

Libnene Qu7

Libnene Qu7

Super Ultra Senior Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    All evidence available to the public shows none other than Bashar, his security elite, and a band of HA members who are devoted followers of Imad Mughniye. The HA'ers would have executed the assassination without the express knowledge and blessing of HA's leadership. It is very likely that Mughniye's assassination is an inside job to break any connection with HA leadership.

With that said, I still trust HA over Israel and most Lebanese any day. Rafik Hariri shouldn't have been killed like that, but he should have been removed from power a lot earlier.