A solution to the economic Crisis - One team must win

JeanH

JeanH

Orange Room Supporter
A lot has been going on with regards to the small mishap we currently have going on in our economy, lots of ideas being thrown around IMF 2amwal l manhoube 2esterja3 l amwel l mouharab wakf l hader.... My propsed solution is that this time one team should win, the team that wins takes over the money of the other teams leaders,MPs prime ministers, ministers , contractors, general managers) and thus we have a big capital of cash to go around, lets discuss...

• Advertisement
  • Steven Gerrard

Steven Gerrard

No

That would only create more internal strife and a lot of May 7 2008 scenarios.

Also, centralizing our issues would make things worse.

decentralizing issues would solve things better. We need to set our priority straight. Berri, Jumblatt, Hariri and co. will never give us our stolen money back. Our banks are too powerful too and they will never accept terms that would affect them negatively. the only solution is a clean slate, short term capital controls, economic reforms and allow geographical municipalities to collect and carry cash/taxes to improve people's lively hood.

NewLeb

NewLeb

If approved, most of that money needs to be utilized in bringing back the tourism sector.

Yes, a lot have argued about investing capital in things like industry, but the Lebanese are not an industrious peoples (like the Germans). Lebanon is a country known for its natural beauty, and building dozens of manufacturing plants is not the way to go....

Steven Gerrard

Steven Gerrard

If approved, most of that money needs to be utilized in bringing back the tourism sector.

Yes, a lot have argued about investing capital in things like industry, but the Lebanese are not an industrious peoples (like the Germans). Lebanon is a country known for its natural beauty, and building dozens of manufacturing plants is not the way to go....
    Ayya natural beauty

our natural beauty is being destroyed by pollution, dam projects, residential buildings and the destruction of mountains to build commercial centers and malls.

We can't even preserve our ancient ruins because of greedy crony idiots who prefer to destroy our heritage for some cheap mall.

NewLeb

NewLeb

Ayya natural beauty

our natural beauty is being destroyed by pollution, dam projects, residential buildings and the destruction of mountains to build commercial centers and malls.

We can't even preserve our ancient ruins because of greedy crony idiots who prefer to destroy our heritage for some cheap mall.
    Indeed, and that’s a consequence of a lack of private (and public) investment in that sector. All we need is a billionaire who is interested in planting trees... I’m on it!

JeanH

JeanH

Orange Room Supporter
    No

decentralizing issues would solve things better. We need to set our priority straight. Berri, Jumblatt, Hariri and co. will never give us our stolen money back. Our banks are too powerful too and they will never accept terms that would affect them negatively. the only solution is a clean slate, short term capital controls, economic reforms and allow geographical municipalities to collect and carry cash/taxes to improve people's lively hood.
    the balance of power has shifted more towards one camp since 2008, berry jumblat and hariri are the juiciest politicians in lebanon in terms of corruption and their personal bank accounts, i am not inciting blood this needs to be a heavily coordinated effort, when they are faced with the amer l we2e3 they have to give in, they can be given a way out: pay up or face justice

JeanH

JeanH

Orange Room Supporter
    the way i see it there is no way we re gonna put every single politician in jail, i can settle for the lesser of two evils , if i can get 50% to be indited better than 0%

Last edited:
    opium

opium

Our main problem now is the lack of foreign currency.
    Due to the deficit between exports and imports. We will always lack USD and our Lira will keep losing its value indefinitely. and since trust is lost with Banks, expats and business men will never deposit new foreign currency funds into our banking system.
    To counter the above there are no short term solutions unless a foreign country keep depositing every year 15 billions USD. Which is impossible to happen due to the global financial situation and politics.
    The easiest way to make USD flow again is by tourism.
    How to strengthen tourism? 3 key words, SEX and DRUGS and religion.
    Allow the recreational use of Cannabis and promote it. ( We can easily take Amsterdam spot in the middle east)
    Legalize prostitution and organize it . ( First thing Arab tourists ask when they arrive to Lebanon is K7ab )
    Promote religious tourist sites. ( Christian and Druze and Muslim)
    Most important point. MEA should be forced to reduce tickets to lebanon by at least half in order for the above to succeed.

Sorry but I cannot see any other short term solution.

JeanH

JeanH

Orange Room Supporter
    as a law abiding lebanese i dont care if the person that i like ends up in jail as long as we have a bright futur to look forward to, but neither team will budge, 8 and 14 both have crooks in their ranks, what i am saying is there should be a translation of the ever leaning balance of power towards one camp into this one team wins takes over assets of the other team, these assets will be used for the good of the entire population, imagine lets we get 5 billion back from hariri jumblat and berri, this money can be used to pay of the small USD bank accounts which is like 95% of all bank account, can you image the rejoice the entire population would feel? this is a plus for the winning camp, i am in no way suggesting that a camp takes over the others assets and keeps it as its own, the people are hungry sooner or later something will break

Last edited:
    JeanH

JeanH

Orange Room Supporter
    No

i am all for decentralization and a bit more, i am an avid supporter of a federal lebanon based on confession but that a different subject

JeanH

JeanH

Orange Room Supporter
    Due to the deficit between exports and imports. We will always lack USD and our Lira will keep losing its value indefinitely. and since trust is lost with Banks, expats and business men will never deposit new foreign currency funds into our banking system.
    To counter the above there are no short term solutions unless a foreign country keep depositing every year 15 billions USD. Which is impossible to happen due to the global financial situation and politics.
    Allow the recreational use of Cannabis and promote it. ( We can easily take Amsterdam spot in the middle east)
    Legalize prostitution and organize it . ( First thing Arab tourists ask when they arrive to Lebanon is K7ab )
    Most important point. MEA should be forced to reduce tickets to lebanon by at least half in order for the above to succeed.

i am all for cannabis legalization, i mean its already easy to get , why not take out of the hands of the drug kingpins and into the hands of the satet so the small farmer still makes money and the state gets revenue from taxation and tourism, as for religious tourism it only works for christians and is still a small market, muslims specially sunni travek only yo mecca for religious tourism i doubt we can get this going here there are no islamic shrines in lebanon of any serious attraction value

JeanH

JeanH

Orange Room Supporter
    a couple of billion dollars in seized assets will go a long way in a small country like lebanon, 5 billion can make or break you in lebanon, people are becoming desperate if the march 8 alliance wants to materialise their advantage now is the time to strike, it is best described as a soft coup d'etat, by part of the etat itself :p

Steven Gerrard

Steven Gerrard

There are better ways to encourage tourism. Plus our tourism is all season long because of our Ski resorts and beaches.

Instead of destroying ancient ruins and heritage, preserve them because it will attract a lot of tourists who fancy those things. We don't have to follow Holland's tourism's model of red light district and cannabis (although I am with cannabis legalization). Holland doesn't have mountains.

We can follow Italy's model instead. They preserve a lot of their old buildings and they attract so many tourists to their countryside vineyards and farmhouses. We are even older than Italy, Jbeil is considered one of the oldest cities in the world, imagine it is bustling with European tourists. There is a lot of potential we just need to stop fighting with each other first.

MEA should allow competition, without competition they will monopolize all their routes. Another way to increase influx of foreign currencies is making Beirut airport as a hub for travelers. So travelers from everywhere can spend in the duty free while waiting to take their connecting flight. We can be along with Dubai, Istanbul and Qatar one of the most important hubs in the region.

the balance of power has shifted more towards one camp since 2008, berry jumblat and hariri are the juiciest politicians in lebanon in terms of corruption and their personal bank accounts, i am not inciting blood this needs to be a heavily coordinated effort, when they are faced with the amer l we2e3 they have to give in, they can be given a way out: pay up or face justice
    Walla sa3be.
    This sectarianism has been our cancer. You cannot prosecute Hariri or Jumblatt or even Berri when they have huge followers because hole zo3ama not PMs or MPs. Hole secterian zo3amas with a sectarian mafia like following. shifet keef 2emo 2l iyeme bil jabal when Bassil went on a tour there?