A Sunni-Shia Political Reconciliation Would Mean?

Jabal Terbol

Legendary Member
As this seems extremely far fetched today but nothing is impossible in this world and this scenario could become a reality one day!

So this is an interesting question to ask in case a political reconciliation happens between the two main Muslim groups, how would it be translated on the ground!?

Who would be the biggest losers in case it happened?
What would it mean for other minorities in the ME region and in particular to Lebanon?

As Lebanese Christian do you think such Muslim reconciliation would be bad or good for you... politically speaking!?

NAFAR

Legendary Member
As this seems extremely far fetched today but nothing is impossible in this world and this scenario could become a reality one day!

So this is an interesting question to ask in case a political reconciliation happens between the two main Muslim groups, how would it be translated on the ground!?

Who would be the biggest losers in case it happened?
What would it mean for other minorities in the ME region and in particular to Lebanon?

As Lebanese Christian do you think such Muslim reconciliation would be bad or good for you... politically speaking!?
Bro, the reconciliation in Lebanon between Sunnites and Shiites already happened when HA/Berri nominated Hariri for PM.
It is now an all out war by the political Islam on Christians, and this is very obvious in the gov. formation.
Christians are denied the 2 most important ministries MOF (shiites) and MOI (sunnites)
Also Christians are denied to nominate their ministers and yesterday Mufty was very clear about it in his statement.
Meanwhile the stupid Christians are still fighting each other for nothing.....actually at this stage I am so disgusted from the Christian parties that I will vote for Nabih Berri man in the next elections..... let Berri/Hariri step on the neck of all Christians.......خليهم يدعسونا بالصرمايه

shadow1

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
What it would for the Christians is that instead of it being death by a thousand cuts it would be a coup de grace. I wish it would happen so this mockery of a country called Lebanon could maybe for the sake of humanity find some peace finally.

Bandar

Orange Room Supporter
Lebanon is going through a paradigm shift for the worse, the economic and social conditions of the country will balance out once we reach Yemen and Iraq levels. This will be the main driver for the end of the Christian presence in Lebanon, our capitulation to the Iranian occupation.

There is no need for Hezb to ally or reconcile with anyone, they already control all of the sovereign functions of the state and they rule the political scene through Aoun and Berri.

The traditional anti-Hezb Christian right is destroyed, this was achieved by mass migrations during the July war, the May 7 clashes, and finally the 2nd Presidency of Michel Aoun and the deliberate destruction of our economy and infrastructure by Bassil and Berri.

With the rebellion in Syria squashed and the mass demographic changes the Syrian regime is executing around Damascus, Dar3a, and the Homs countryside, the Sunnis of Lebanon are by proxy nullified as they no longer have the threat of regime change in Damascus, nor the help of their Arab allies who have deemed Lebanon a lost battle.

As the dark curtain of Persia falls across the region, people will become too poor, weak, and brainwashed to fight back.

There is, however, some hope. In the north of Syria, the wheels of war are turning. An old foe of Persia gathers on the Syrian border, eager to re-establish a grand empire that once spanned the entire region…

NAFAR

Legendary Member
Lebanon is going through a paradigm shift for the worse, the economic and social conditions of the country will balance out once we reach Yemen and Iraq levels. This will be the main driver for the end of the Christian presence in Lebanon, our capitulation to the Iranian occupation.

There is no need for Hezb to ally or reconcile with anyone, they already control all of the sovereign functions of the state and they rule the political scene through Aoun and Berri.

The traditional anti-Hezb Christian right is destroyed, this was achieved by mass migrations during the July war, the May 7 clashes, and finally the 2nd Presidency of Michel Aoun and the deliberate destruction of our economy and infrastructure by Bassil and Berri.

With the rebellion in Syria squashed and the mass demographic changes the Syrian regime is executing around Damascus, Dar3a, and the Homs countryside, the Sunnis of Lebanon are by proxy nullified as they no longer have the threat of regime change in Damascus, nor the help of their Arab allies who have deemed Lebanon a lost battle.

As the dark curtain of Persia falls across the region, people will become too poor, weak, and brainwashed to fight back.

There is, however, some hope. In the north of Syria, the wheels of war are turning. An old foe of Persia gathers on the Syrian border, eager to re-establish a grand empire that once spanned the entire region…
Don't worry.... Sunnites are in very good terms with Shiites and they are orchestrating the political and demographical destruction of Christians as they did since independence date..... It is very obvious in the current gov. formation process.
In 2 or 3 decades Christians will extinct and both Sunnites and Shiites will be be more than happy to get rid of the kuffar so they can transform Lebanon to another sh.i.t hole of the ME.

Jabal Terbol

Legendary Member
Bro, the reconciliation in Lebanon between Sunnites and Shiites already happened when HA/Berri nominated Hariri for PM.
It is now an all out war by the political Islam on Christians, and this is very obvious in the gov. formation.
Christians are denied the 2 most important ministries MOF (shiites) and MOI (sunnites)
Also Christians are denied to nominate their ministers and yesterday Mufty was very clear about it in his statement.
Meanwhile the stupid Christians are still fighting each other for nothing.....actually at this stage I am so disgusted from the Christian parties that I will vote for Nabih Berri man in the next elections..... let Berri/Hariri step on the neck of all Christians.......خليهم يدعسونا بالصرمايه

I wouldn't call it reconciliation but some dirty games being played by all sides including the Christian representatives like gaegae and bassil!

Nobody is saying what they truly wants to the public meanwhile doing something else under the tables!
Bassil wants to be in the government yet they declared publicly that they don't want to!
Gaegae has been staying out from any government formation since way back for whatever reasons so why would he be in this one?

Beside when Aoun and thoune2i brought us Hassan Diab and excluded the Sunni representatives the Sunni started weeping about it too in the same way you are doing right now and the same happened when Aoun and thoune2i brought us Mikati back in 2011!

I was talking more about a real political reconciliation in the whole region!
How would this scenario be translated on the ground?

As Christian minority would you feel threatened by it and rather prefer the division that exist today between the two sides?

Weezy

Legendary Member

I felt like reading a script from Lord of the Rings. Nicely said.