The Queen Of "Bazella"
Orange Room Supporter
Last edited by a moderator:
  • Advertisement
  • Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Staff member
    Yeah it's all in the title lol! Was just checking Netflix for what's new and I stumbled on this:

Check out "Adel Karam: Live from Beirut" on Netflix www.netflix.com/title/80203919

Will be watching and reporting whether it's good or not, unfortunately I will be going in with little to no expectations as I don't find Adel Karam particularly funny, I think he's a good actor but other than that, meh!
    Do tell if its any good, but i beg to differ on adel karam, the guy's been supplying us with lolz since 1996.

Isabella

Isabella

The Queen Of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    Do tell if its any good, but i beg to differ on adel karam, the guy's been supplying us with lolz since 1996.
    Well to be fair to him I don't watch him quite often, I know he's a good actor because I did watch the movies he was in, I also know that I absolutely despise majdi w wajdi so i'm conflicted lol.

will be watching when I get home, I hope I'm pleasantly surprised since he's the first Lebanese comedian to get a special on Netflix and could potentially open the door to many or hurt their chances!

Last edited:
    D

Death To Google

Hes funny but ruined it when started doing political scenes.
    Plus te2il damo has been slowly but steadily increasing over time.

Isabella

Isabella

The Queen Of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    So I said I will be reporting back and I'm happy to say I was pleasantly surprised! As previously stated, I had little to no expectations, but I had a full on laugh for a couple of bits, not just a chuckle here and there!

The beginning is a bit rough though just push through the start it gets better lmao!

spacecreature

spacecreature

Yeah it's all in the title lol! Was just checking Netflix for what's new and I stumbled on this:

Check out "Adel Karam: Live from Beirut" on Netflix www.netflix.com/title/80203919

Will be watching and reporting whether it's good or not, unfortunately I will be going in with little to no expectations as I don't find Adel Karam particularly funny, I think he's a good actor but other than that, meh!
    I share your opinion, I just can't stand the guy. He is just some random dude. He used to teach football at my school lol, then he joined SLChi ( most of the crew were so random and talentless anyway except maybe for Raidi and layal and to some extend that guy that did teta roseana ) , now he just plays on this typical matcho Beiruti persona, which I don't care for either. I was surprised when he first got casted by Nadine Labaki, and ever since he has been getting these leading roles. Anyway my tastes are in the minority when it comes to what is popular and trendy with the lebanese people haha I can't stand most of what they like,....I am going to say it, ehem ehem most of the times I can't even stand the Lebanese tthemselves :) so...there.

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Staff member
    I share your opinion, I just can't stand the guy. He is just some random dude. He used to teach football at my school lol, then he joined SLChi ( most of the crew were so random and talentless anyway except maybe for Raidi and layal and to some extend that guy that did teta roseana ) , now he just plays on this typical matcho Beiruti persona, which I don't care for either. I was surprised when he first got casted by Nadine Labaki, and ever since he has been getting these leading roles. Anyway my tastes are in the minority when it comes to what is popular and trendy with the lebanese people haha I can't stand most of what they like,....I am going to say it, ehem ehem most of the times I can't even stand the Lebanese tthemselves :) so...there.
    Chu khass random guy??

All comedians are random people till they get a break.

Writing comedic skits was part of slchi job description, so its not like he is coming out of nowhere, the guy has years of good and bad writing behind him.

An example of bad comedians would be Toni abu jawde and the tall vulgar guy dont remember his name, that can only do one joke since his days with marc say2ale.

Adel is no dave chappelle but the dude is funny

Isabella

Isabella

The Queen Of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    Chu khass random guy??

Writing comedic skits was part of slchi job description, so its not like he is coming out of nowhere, the guy has years of good and bad writing behind him.

An example of bad comedians would be Toni abu jawde and the tall vulgar guy dont remember his name, that can only do one joke since his days with marc say2ale.

Oh god yes I agree lol I think Tony Abou jaoudeh is very talented but he desperately needs a writer lol in this scenario I prefer Junaid Zeineddine, also helps that I'm a big fan of BBCHI lol

That mario Bassil dude is the most annoying bastard to walk the face of the earth and he's even uglier in person lol but he did contribute a lot to "the comedy scene" in Lebanon if we can call it that and paved the way for many others...

This is also why I think the Adel Karam Netflix special opens the doors for other comedians, if this special receives a decent audience Netflix would be tempted to seek out other specials with more Lebanese comedians, I hope that's the case :)

spacecreature

spacecreature

Oh god yes I agree lol I think Tony Abou jaoudeh is very talented but he desperately needs a writer lol in this scenario I prefer Junaid Zeineddine, also helps that I'm a big fan of BBCHI lol

That mario Bassil dude is the most annoying bastard to walk the face of the earth and he's even uglier in person lol but he did contribute a lot to "the comedy scene" in Lebanon if we can call it that and paved the way for many others...

This is also why I think the Adel Karam Netflix special opens the doors for other comedians, if this special receives a decent audience Netflix would be tempted to seek out other specials with more Lebanese comedians, I hope that's the case :)
    I am sorry but Mario Bassil is a genious, a real pioneer in stand up comedy in Lebanon. He is iconic! Ok maybe I am overdoing it hehe, but he broke so many tabooes, and started a trend that many are still trying to copy to this date. Maybe he hasnt found a way to adapt to the changes and stand the test of time, but when we were kids he was The King of comedy in lebanon, and is part of Lebanese history :)

Isabella

Isabella

The Queen Of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    I am sorry but Mario Bassil is a genious, a real pioneer in stand up comedy in Lebanon. He is iconic! Ok maybe I am overdoing it hehe, but he broke so many tabooes, and started a trend that many are still trying to copy to this date. Maybe he hasnt found a way to adapt to the changes and stand the test of time, but when we were kids he was The King of comedy in lebanon, and is part of Lebanese history :)
    I did give him credit in my post lol I just find his particular brand of comedy incredibly annoying like I can only take so much of mariokka and ma badna sleh badna shleiihh!

spacecreature

spacecreature

... and he's even uglier in person lol ...
    And that"s what makes him so special! He has found a way to overcome his uglyness and accept his fate, and mak8ng people accept him ,as if it's the "revenge" of the ugly and quirky :)

Isabella

Isabella

The Queen Of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    And that"s what makes him so special! He has found a way to overcome his uglyness and accept his fate, and mak8ng people accept him ,as if it's the "revenge" of the ugly and quirky :)
    I saw him once at a cafe with the girl version of him hahaha! It was a fascinating view like watching a couple of hyenas in their natural habitat

Lol honestly he's not that bad I just don't find him very funny, I think it's a matter of preference

spacecreature

spacecreature

I saw him once at a cafe with the girl version of him hahaha! It was a fascinating view like watching a couple of hyenas in their natural habitat

Lol honestly he's not that bad I just don't find him very funny, I think it's a matter of preference
    Shrek found his queen?? How beeyouuuuuuutiful :)
    Fascinating is the keyword, it's fascinating how some people can overcome nature's and life's cynicism .
    There is that other short short nerd looking actor forgot his name, that guy is in the same situation but that one I just can't stand! My mom likes him. Whats his nameeee grrrrr..

spacecreature

spacecreature

Chu khass random guy??

I had to google him coz I forgot who he was haha. Don't like him either. He has many talents tho, he seems to draw comic books nicely (though the topic he drew in his first book was stupid, that Leb guy who went to the north pole)
    I never beleived he married that blond chick, he triggers my gaydar. It seemed like how David Copperfield married Claudia Schiffer to cover up...
    @Isabella that's your feild of expertise, what do you think? ;)

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member

there is nothing funny in the trailer at all. nothing that validates his own netflix show for that matter.

Isabella

Isabella

The Queen Of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    there is nothing funny in the trailer at all. nothing that validates his own netflix show for that matter.
    I enjoyed it Tbh, the first 10 minutes were rough though.

Some scenes were a bit dirty as well which was highly unusual for us to watch lol we're not used to seeing a Lebanese comedian swear but honestly it was worth the 58 minutes we spent watching.

Isabella

Isabella

The Queen Of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    Shrek found his queen?? How beeyouuuuuuutiful :)
    Fascinating is the keyword, it's fascinating how some people can overcome nature's and life's cynicism .
    There is that other short short nerd looking actor forgot his name, that guy is in the same situation but that one I just can't stand! My mom likes him. Whats his nameeee grrrrr..
    Noooooooooooooooooo Georges khabbaz???? See now I will have to fight you! I love him!

SeaAb

SeaAb

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    Fadi Raeidy is the king of comedy in Lebanon.

Isabella

Isabella

The Queen Of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    Fadi Raeidy is the king of comedy in Lebanon.
    I hope he's next with the special, he has some solid stand up material I'm just sick of his characters Tbh lol