• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Adib’s failed arrange marriage to a Trojan horse.

Viral

What’s wrong with this picture?

1601243528699.png

The International community insisting on Lebanon’s reform before unlocking desperately needed $21 billion in aids and loans with one shockingly arrogant detail: Mr. Saniora, the epitome of theft and corruption who should be first in jail, is the one arranging Mr. Adib’s marriage to a government that is supposed to make reform and fight the very same corruption that Saniora had masterfully invented and started decades ago as a Technocrat Finance Minister before becoming Prime Minister yet, not a single Lebanese knows anything about that mysterious team of ministers including the President.

Hunger and desperation tend to impair people’s judgment. At least that’s how they had hoped to slip in the Trojan horse without anyone noticing and make Adib’s puppet government that Adib himself cannot control sign on all the dotted lines including Lebanon’s borders and maritime rights, the Syrian refugees return in exchange for Palestinians neutralization and resuming oil exploration only through inflated Western Oil Companies’ contracts.

August 4th explosion created huge opportunities for various butchers to take a shot at the fallen cow. Turkey’s spontaneous response revealed Erdogan’s ambitions in Lebanon. That was the main reason Mr. Macron wasted no time with his initiative to block the Turkish expansion in the Mediterranean. Few days later, the US changed tone and joined Macron but with different objectives: Macron wanted to stabilize Lebanon first and deal with Hezbollah later but the US saw an opportunity to sneak in a Trojan horse to impose a puppet government that can execute it’s agenda in favor Trump’s Deal of the Century regardless of what's in the long term interests of the Lebanese people. Macron must have realized he had no choice but to go along and the rest is history.

To those who believe Lebanon lost a precious opportunity with Adib’s failure I say think again. Adib’s government mission was not meant to fix Lebanon’s corrupt system by the kings of lootings and their long time International Sponsors. Its mission was to sell short and mortgage Lebanon’s wealth and get a tiny fraction of its value back in grants and temporary loans leading to permanent bankruptcy and poverty for decades to come with absolutely no sovereignty or hope to ever recover. Look around and see for yourself how many oil and precious minerals producing counties’ populations besides their few rulers are living in poverty. Even Saudi Arabia has street beggars…

As desperate as the Lebanese people might be today, Adib’s departure is a blessing. It meant the Lebanese still own their country’s wealth and recourses for the foreseeable future against the odds of the International will. I’d rather be hungry living in my own home with my family with dignity than a hungry homeless at the mercy of International tyrants.

Time and circumstances will eventually change and when they do we better have a Country if not for us, at least for our children…

Over the years, Harirism stole our money. Adib came to steal our Country…

zero

"harirism" what a bullshit way to place on the blame all the corruption blame on hariri.

Nonan

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
And so the answer is to torpedo the whole French initiative and add France to the list of countries fed up with the Lebanese establishment and glad to wash their hands from what happens next?

Robin Hood

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
And so the answer is to torpedo the whole French initiative and add France to the list of countries fed up with the Lebanese establishment and glad to wash their hands from what happens next?
The French initiative is over. Hezbollah will probably feel attached and thus stick more to his positions.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Nonan

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
The French initiative is over. Hezbollah will probably feel attached and thus stick more to his positions.

HA's enabling of Berri's corruption will lead to its annihilation. And at that point, they'll find no one on their side, especially not Berri, who was encouraging the Israeli aggression in 2006. But that's their choice. They chose to destroy to country for the sake of Berri, they' shouldn't be surprised that no one will stand with them when they'll be destroyed.
To the average Lebanese, they're only a burden and serve no purpose other than enabling corruption (through Berri), being an Iranian pawn and giving an excuse to Israel and the Trump administration to impose sanctions on Lebanon and destroy its economy.
It's sad that they give Lebanese no other choice than ask for partition

Viral

Did you agree 100% with everything Macron said today?

Nonan

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Did you agree 100% with everything Macron said today?
I don’t agree 100% with anyone, not even my wife (but don’t tell her). I don’t agree with your post either. The Lebanese don’t own anything. The corrupt ruling class does and they are the ones bringing poverty and famine to Lebanon so they can keep looting. It’s not the fault of some غريب . It’s the fault of Berri, Joimblatt, Hariri, Sanioura, Mikati and co

NewLeb

L
What’s wrong with this picture?

View attachment 21488

Nothing is wrong with that picture. They are well-dressed individuals, and probably smell good too. They’re better appealing to the eyes, which is why they are treated with more seriousness and respect, despite their alleged corruption.

White-collar crime will always be look at with lesser scrutiny and distrust. If Hezbollah doesn’t like that, let them find a more expensive barber.

Viral

The French initiative is over.
Only if you believe the French initiative was pure charity but it’s not.

It certainly would have been a win win since both Lebanon and France share a lot of traditions and values but not at the expense of allowing a third party stick its nose in and take over.

Remember 7irak that we all supported but got hijacked within a week away from its objective and the true ones took a backseat? The French initiative got hijacked by the Americans within 48 hours and Macron was completely helpless. That’s why he kept on extending deadlines.

I’m willing to bet Macron will not give up for the very same reason he started it. And the reason is to confront and block the Turkish expansion in the Mediterranean. That is a very serious issue now for Europe especially France including many Middle Eastern countries even KSA…Unfortunately this is not a high priority for the US at the moment so France has to act alone…

Robin Hood

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
I still think Adib was the wrong man. Can he really do reforms when he needs to coordinate everything with Hariri and Siniora?

Robin Hood

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Only if you believe the French initiative was pure charity but it’s not.

It certainly would have been a win win since both Lebanon and France share a lot of traditions and values but not at the expense of allowing a third party stick its nose in and take over.

Remember 7irak that we all supported but got hijacked within a week away from its objective and the true ones took a backseat? The French initiative got hijacked by the Americans within 48 hours and Macron was completely helpless. That’s why he kept on extending deadlines.

I’m willing to bet Macron will not give up for the very same reason he started it. And the reason is to confront and block the Turkish expansion in the Mediterranean. That is a very serious issue now for Europe especially France including many Middle Eastern countries even KSA…Unfortunately this is not a high priority for the US at the moment so France has to act alone…
HA's base is already up in arms. Do you think Hezbollah will still work with Macron?

Viral

I still think Adib was the wrong man. Can he really do reforms when he needs to coordinate everything with Hariri and Siniora?

Exactly!
All of us are desperate for a solution and that's what attracts the opportunists to take advantage and try selling their own shit. We became easy targets and didn't want to see all the faux pas Adib did.
If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck....

Viral

HA's base is already up in arms. Do you think Hezbollah will still work with Macron?

Of course they will and they are counting on it now that they proved they can't be dismissed as representatives of one third of the people.

Watch this if you have the time. I thought Rita was a bit too excited with the disappointment like most of us are. But I tend to listen and control my emotions because there are many things we don't know.
From this interview I learned that Adib was offered 20 names to chose from but he didn't bother looking at them. His list was given to him. His job was to use the list without asking questions or discussing it not even with the President.
That's why I called it arranged marriage by Saniora and company who were most likely assigned the task by their usual master.

Viral

Apparently Adib’s plan was to keep the President in the dark until the last minute from the imaginary deadline then show up to Baabda and present him with a bombshell list hoping the President would accept it so he doesn’t feel responsible for failing the initiative. How little Adib did know about GMA… Without a doubt GMA was going to refuse it but thanks to HA beating him to it, GMA was spared from that situation.

Once again GMA was extremely wise and patient handedly Adib’s awkward behavior until he stumbled on his own.

Good riddance I say…

Mrsrx

Not an expert!
Staff member
HA’s base will just follow HA. If HA chooses to work with Macron, he’ll be Ali Macron defender of Jabal Amel and if HA chooses to reject his openings he’ll be Macron the crusader trying to invade the holy land.
Lets not forget that france is generally the mediator of any US/Iran deal with some kickbacks. Who knows maybe lebanon is/will be that kickback.
Lebanon now has been a hostage all this time and the unreasonable requests were a way to keep it this way.

Apostate

Your will, my hands.
Orange Room Supporter

Hezbollah always feel attacked, there always are some conspiracies being worked on against them! They always want "assurances" w damaneit, but bruh... they're the ones with continuous flow of foreign funding, they're the ones with tens of thousands of well-trained and well-equipped militia, they're the ones who are participating in regional conflicts - and most importantly they're the less vulnerable part of Lebanon who will suffer less due to the economical collapse (as long as they're receiving their $$$).
WE the remaining Lebanese are the ones who should be receiving assurances, not them. Rekbouna w dandalo ejrayon.

Eno what are Hezbollah expecting? the international community to provide free financial help with no strings attached? no conditions? It doesn't work that way... If we wanted to prevent any conditions being forced upon us, we wouldn't have lead ourselves to this mess to begin with by empowering corruption, weakening whatever little state we have, taking part in regional conflicts and making ourselves enemies of regional/international players.

Every shit we're in now has 2 reasons, both economical AND political... and Hezbollah negatively participated, alongside others, in them. They're part of the mafia that has been ruling us since decades.

Viral

You and I like most of us are on the same side so don’t take it too personal. My response is addressed to all us.
We all are desperate for an exit from the black hole we’re in. But we need to be objective and educated about what we want and how to get it.

The Lebanese don’t own anything. The corrupt ruling class does and they are the ones bringing poverty and famine to Lebanon so they can keep looting. It’s not the fault of some غريب . It’s the fault of Berri, Joimblatt, Hariri, Sanioura, Mikati and co

Yet you are angry because Adib‘s covert government that was being engineered by Hariri, Saniora, Mikati and co was torpedoed by Hezbollah. Do you realize if it was not for Hezbollah, Berri would have joined Hariri, Saniora, Mikati and co as well?

Do you also realize if Hezbollah was not the one that torpedoed Adib’s mission GMA was going to be the one to torpedo it?

Would you have the same attitude towards GMA today if he was the one who torpedoed Macron initiative? And, for a very good reason I might add.

Macron knows real well who Hariri, Saniora, Mikati and co are but did not hesitate letting them hijack the mission and insulting the President and his office by ignoring him for two weeks while sleeping with Hariri, Saniora, Mikati and co and planning on pushing GMA in the corner on the last minute.

Do you really believe Macron’s priority is to bring our looted money back from those thieves who were supposed to be forming that very same government we are counting on?

I don’t know about you but the first minute I saw Hariri, Saniora and Mikati meeting with Adib, I got so turned off I could not see him succeed and thank God he’s out!

Macron on the other hand proved to be a politician not Santa Clause. His last speech that showed his weakness to satisfy the US has discredited him. He is desperate for his mission to succeed for his own interests in the region but the fact that he used the Killon Ya3ni Killon concept in blaming everyone even mentioning GMA as if GMA was not doing everything in his power to save day. Macron proved he is weak in front of the Americans and is stuck in the same hole Lebanon is in.

What happened in the past few days is a reminder to all of us that the International community is not a charitable organization. Nothing is free unless you’re defenseless, then our lunch becomes free to them not to us...

Speaking of which, let’s give credit where credit is due: Why is the US mediating between Lebanon and Israel now as we speak about our southern borders and maritime rights? Are they doing it to please Hariri, Saniora, Mikati and company? Or, may be to please Geagea, Frangieh and the Gemayels? Or, maybe from fear of our LAF and our President (with all due respect)?
Could the stubbornness of the resistance have something to do with it?