• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Adib’s failed arrange marriage to a Trojan horse.

zero

lots of strawman arguments here, you are creating scenarios in your head that dont exist. should've let the guy form a government first before you jump to conclusions that really have no real basis in reality. here is one thing we can count on Adib and what he bring to the table>>>>> than Diab's government. blame the ex-PMs all you, this initiative could've saved lebanon and Macron spelled it out for you, HA+Amal prevented him from forming a govt. welcome to hell.

Robin Hood

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
lots of strawman arguments here, you are creating scenarios in your head that dont exist. should've let the guy form a government first before you jump to conclusions that really have no real basis in reality. here is one thing we can count on Adib and what he bring to the table>>>>> than Diab's government. blame the ex-PMs all you, this initiative could've saved lebanon and Macron spelled it out for you, HA+Amal prevented him from forming a govt. welcome to hell.
And Macron also blamed the ex PMs.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Robin Hood

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
You and I like most of us are on the same side so don’t take it too personal. My response is addressed to all us.
We all are desperate for an exit from the black hole we’re in. But we need to be objective and educated about what we want and how to get it.

Yet you are angry because Adib‘s covert government that was being engineered by Hariri, Saniora, Mikati and co was torpedoed by Hezbollah. Do you realize if it was not for Hezbollah, Berri would have joined Hariri, Saniora, Mikati and co as well?

Do you also realize if Hezbollah was not the one that torpedoed Adib’s mission GMA was going to be the one to torpedo it?

Would you have the same attitude towards GMA today if he was the one who torpedoed Macron initiative? And, for a very good reason I might add.

Macron knows real well who Hariri, Saniora, Mikati and co are but did not hesitate letting them hijack the mission and insulting the President and his office by ignoring him for two weeks while sleeping with Hariri, Saniora, Mikati and co and planning on pushing GMA in the corner on the last minute.

Do you really believe Macron’s priority is to bring our looted money back from those thieves who were supposed to be forming that very same government we are counting on?

I don’t know about you but the first minute I saw Hariri, Saniora and Mikati meeting with Adib, I got so turned off I could not see him succeed and thank God he’s out!

Macron on the other hand proved to be a politician not Santa Clause. His last speech that showed his weakness to satisfy the US has discredited him. He is desperate for his mission to succeed for his own interests in the region but the fact that he used the Killon Ya3ni Killon concept in blaming everyone even mentioning GMA as if GMA was not doing everything in his power to save day. Macron proved he is weak in front of the Americans and is stuck in the same hole Lebanon is in.

What happened in the past few days is a reminder to all of us that the International community is not a charitable organization. Nothing is free unless you’re defenseless, then our lunch becomes free to them not to us...

Speaking of which, let’s give credit where credit is due: Why is the US mediating between Lebanon and Israel now as we speak about our southern borders and maritime rights? Are they doing it to please Hariri, Saniora, Mikati and company? Or, may be to please Geagea, Frangieh and the Gemayels? Or, maybe from fear of our LAF and our President (with all due respect)?
Could the stubbornness of the resistance have something to do with it?
FPMers don't seem to realize that it wasn't only about the MoF, but about the ex PMs trying to dictate a government. Their hate for the thief Berri blinded them to what other thieves were doing.

Viral

FPMers don't seem to realize that it wasn't only about the MoF, but about the ex PMs trying to dictate a government. Their hate for the thief Berri blinded them to what other thieves were doing.

I gave the answer before you asked the question;)
This has nothing to do with what party you belong to...
Hunger and desperation tend to impair people’s judgment.

elias-aj

Legendary Member

Robin, it was not only about the MoF issue, which was the cherry on the cake. Neither was it about Macron or France.

It's about politicians and parties that, despite the situation of Lebanon, are still trying to score points against each other and puting the interests of their regional sponsors before the interests of their own country and the interests of the Lebanese.

And about the fact that both M8 and M14 have repeatedly shown their disregard and contempt to Lebanon and to the Lebanese.

Of course, the former Prime Ministers tried to seize the opportunity to score points against Amal and HA. And of course, Amal and HA blocked the initiative, playing the sectarian card.

In the end, both M8 and M14 proved to be nothing but Lebanon's gravediggers.

What's the weight of having a shiite MoF, in comparison with people who can't withdraw their own money to repair the damages of Beirut's explosion ? Or simply to pay their children tuition fees ? Or even just to buy gas or food ? Medicine ?

elAshtar

Legendary Member

Nehna bas shatreen netbeika

shadow1

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
And about the fact that both M8 and M14 have repeatedly shown their disregard and contempt to Lebanon and to the Lebanese.

In the end, both M8 and M14 proved to be nothing but Lebanon's gravediggers.
Let's not lose hope. There is nothing else left to lose.

oldschool

Nehna bas shatreen netbeika

Iran can send fuel and food but that doesn’t build an economy. If lebanon gets isolated from Europe and gulf Arabs and the United States it cannot have an economy.

Unless China and Russia are willing to basically throw their whole weight...

Our ambition isn’t to just survive and eat and turn on a light and get a 300 dollar salary from Iran.

elAshtar

Legendary Member
Yeb3atuwa 3a Syria. Fi lines 3al gas stations for weeks now...

Since full U.S. sanctions were imposed on Iran in May 2019, Syria has been receiving an average of around 2 million barrels of crude monthly from Iran, and now more than three times is being delivered at once.

Yalla keep repeating same BS

SeaAb

Legendary Member
Staff member
Super Penguin

Since full U.S. sanctions were imposed on Iran in May 2019, Syria has been receiving an average of around 2 million barrels of crude monthly from Iran, and now more than three times is being delivered at once.

Yalla keep repeating same BS
Not enough apparently, that is if they're actually still sending monthly shipments as claimed.

elAshtar

Legendary Member
Not enough apparently, that is if they're actually still sending monthly shipments as claimed.
Iran has reportedly shipped oil to Syria with an estimated annual amount of $1.7 billion US dollars between 2013 and 2018
Additionally, Iran provided $2 billion US dollars in 2013 and 2015 to the Central Bank of Syria to support the Syrian currency3 and facilitate the imports of Iranian goods other than oil.4 In June 2020, the Iranian Foreign Minister stated that Syria still has a credit line in Iran but without mentioning the amount.5 Based on these numbers, Iranian non-military support to Syria during the conflict can be estimated at around $15.6 billion US dollars, which almost equals 8.5 times Syria’s budget in 2020

elAshtar

Legendary Member
Iran has reportedly shipped oil to Syria with an estimated annual amount of $1.7 billion US dollars between 2013 and 2018
Additionally, Iran provided $2 billion US dollars in 2013 and 2015 to the Central Bank of Syria to support the Syrian currency3 and facilitate the imports of Iranian goods other than oil.4 In June 2020, the Iranian Foreign Minister stated that Syria still has a credit line in Iran but without mentioning the amount.5 Based on these numbers, Iranian non-military support to Syria during the conflict can be estimated at around $15.6 billion US dollars, which almost equals 8.5 times Syria’s budget in 2020
Also, The annual quantities of Russian wheat to Syria have increased sharply from 650 thousand tons in 2015 to more than 1.5 million tons in 2018.

Viral

It’s going to be interesting today how SHN will assess the timing of the US sanctions against HA during the middle of Adib’s formation of the government. Was the timing meant to get HA out of the political representation of their people from Adib’s puppet government once and for all or it was meant from the beginning to torpedo Macron’s initiative and Adib’s government by provoking and emboldening HA as it turned out to be.

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
You and I like most of us are on the same side so don’t take it too personal. My response is addressed to all us.
We all are desperate for an exit from the black hole we’re in. But we need to be objective and educated about what we want and how to get it.

Yet you are angry because Adib‘s covert government that was being engineered by Hariri, Saniora, Mikati and co was torpedoed by Hezbollah. Do you realize if it was not for Hezbollah, Berri would have joined Hariri, Saniora, Mikati and co as well?

Do you also realize if Hezbollah was not the one that torpedoed Adib’s mission GMA was going to be the one to torpedo it?

Would you have the same attitude towards GMA today if he was the one who torpedoed Macron initiative? And, for a very good reason I might add.

Macron knows real well who Hariri, Saniora, Mikati and co are but did not hesitate letting them hijack the mission and insulting the President and his office by ignoring him for two weeks while sleeping with Hariri, Saniora, Mikati and co and planning on pushing GMA in the corner on the last minute.

Do you really believe Macron’s priority is to bring our looted money back from those thieves who were supposed to be forming that very same government we are counting on?

I don’t know about you but the first minute I saw Hariri, Saniora and Mikati meeting with Adib, I got so turned off I could not see him succeed and thank God he’s out!

Macron on the other hand proved to be a politician not Santa Clause. His last speech that showed his weakness to satisfy the US has discredited him. He is desperate for his mission to succeed for his own interests in the region but the fact that he used the Killon Ya3ni Killon concept in blaming everyone even mentioning GMA as if GMA was not doing everything in his power to save day. Macron proved he is weak in front of the Americans and is stuck in the same hole Lebanon is in.

What happened in the past few days is a reminder to all of us that the International community is not a charitable organization. Nothing is free unless you’re defenseless, then our lunch becomes free to them not to us...

Speaking of which, let’s give credit where credit is due: Why is the US mediating between Lebanon and Israel now as we speak about our southern borders and maritime rights? Are they doing it to please Hariri, Saniora, Mikati and company? Or, may be to please Geagea, Frangieh and the Gemayels? Or, maybe from fear of our LAF and our President (with all due respect)?
Could the stubbornness of the resistance have something to do with it?

Viral, I consider you to be among the few reasonable people in here whose allegiance to HA does'nt necessarily cloud his judgment on issues related directly to the party. I'm starting to be fond of the "mnel ekhir" expression, so I'll use it in my reply.
Mnel Ekhir.

We could be rushing towards a civil war trap and I'm not repeating this overused cliché to overdramatize; All the pre-requisites are present, and so do all signs point there. One higher caliber assassination, one "wrong" decision or move could be all it takes to set off the avalanche. Syria is calming down, Lebanon next doesn't sound that farfetched.

Whether you find it unfair or not, Lebanon will continue to be considered a rogue state by those who hold its economical neck, for as long as it is indirectly run by an armed militia operating solo outside the state's control, however hollow this "state" concept sounds in your ear. This is not to put all the blame on only this specific factor, but it is a major one in the process.

Looming sanctions, the accelerating economic collapse, the corruption issues, and now Macron's failed attempt to find an opening for international aid, all leading to hopelessness and despair, have further shrank people's tolerance marginals for the armed militia, that's an undeniable fact. Here I have FPM's people in mind in particular, because I suspect you care a little more about them. This isn't a quick and sudden shift of heart and mind, it's been a work in progress for few years now in the stagnated situation. The nuking of Beirut's port came to push it to the surface, consider it the sha3ra elleh qasamit dahr el ba3eer.

Whether the blast was an act of 7ameer welding or calculated hit by whokowswho is simply irrelevant at this stage. In most those people's minds and with the general background picture of the ongoing economical meltdown caused by years of mismanagement and corruption now also very much associated with the Berri/HA tango, the blame for the blast is now mostly on HA because, in its current outside-the-state's-control state, it represents the epitome of our failure to function as a normal country. That's all to it, analyze no more, what we've become and where we are today is no more a matter of reasoning. It's now in the hearts before the minds of people, even if the minds knew it from start but chose to dismiss it for various vain hopes and reasons.