• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Adib’s failed arrange marriage to a Trojan horse.

elAshtar

Legendary Member
Since you're asking for a detailed plan, here's the outlines:
- HA's leadership declares a political time-out break.
- They call the Iranians and ask them to join an urgent khalweh they plan to hold in a nice place in Baalbek
- On the agenda:
  1. A call for an urgent national meeting with all the major political parties (sect representatives) to discus
    1. a) The political price ( a new constitution) for
      1. dissolving and handing over their arms to the army,
      2. alt. unconditional total integration inside the army with the aim to initiate negotiations for peace talks with Israel .
    2. As an alternative to 1. a) in case the political price is rejected by 2 or more of the other sects,
      1. call for negotiations about separation between the sects in a peaceful manner
You must be a master negotiator

elias-aj

Legendary Member
You think Israel will accept giving us anything?

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

If we were in a strong position and able to show a unified front, of course Israel would be obliged to make concessions. It has always been, as PMA said it in 2006, an issue of juxtaposition of rights between Israel and Lebanon.

The items are well known: some territories, the water issue and the gas issue, in addition to the Palestinian refugees issue. As Bassil said, the problem is not existential with Israel.

The problem we have though is the lack of unity, the lack of any will to define a common ground. In this regard, starting negotiations is impossible. Otherwise, we could engage in negotiations on a clear basis and even manage to gather diplomatic support.

But once again, reaching unity with the M8 and M14 clowns, murderers and thieves... lol

Their total disregard to Lebanon’s interests will have as a consequence to sign peace with Israel without any condition. And Berri will be happy to invest the money he stole from the Lebanese in some Israeli start-up.

Viral

Viral, I consider you to be among the few reasonable people in here
I agree😁
whose allegiance to HA does'nt necessarily cloud his judgment on issues related directly to the party. I'm starting to be fond of the "mnel ekhir" expression, so I'll use it in my reply.
Mnel Ekhir.

We could be rushing towards a civil war trap and I'm not repeating this overused cliché to overdramatize; All the pre-requisites are present, and so do all signs point there. One higher caliber assassination, one "wrong" decision or move could be all it takes to set off the avalanche. Syria is calming down, Lebanon next doesn't sound that farfetched.

Whether you find it unfair or not, Lebanon will continue to be considered a rogue state by those who hold its economical neck, for as long as it is indirectly run by an armed militia operating solo outside the state's control, however hollow this "state" concept sounds in your ear. This is not to put all the blame on only this specific factor, but it is a major one in the process.

Looming sanctions, the accelerating economic collapse, the corruption issues, and now Macron's failed attempt to find an opening for international aid, all leading to hopelessness and despair, have further shrank people's tolerance marginals for the armed militia, that's an undeniable fact. Here I have FPM's people in mind in particular, because I suspect you care a little more about them. This isn't a quick and sudden shift of heart and mind, it's been a work in progress for few years now in the stagnated situation. The nuking of Beirut's port came to push it to the surface, consider it the sha3ra elleh qasamit dahr el ba3eer.

Whether the blast was an act of 7ameer welding or calculated hit by whokowswho is simply irrelevant at this stage. In most those people's minds and with the general background picture of the ongoing economical meltdown caused by years of mismanagement and corruption now also very much associated with the Berri/HA tango, the blame for the blast is now mostly on HA because, in its current outside-the-state's-control state, it represents the epitome of our failure to function as a normal country. That's all to it, analyze no more, what we've become and where we are today is no more a matter of reasoning. It's now in the hearts before the minds of people, even if the minds knew it from start but chose to dismiss it for various vain hopes and reasons.
I disagree:cigar:

Viral

I noticed someone here was chatting during SHN speech and must have missed some important details.🤨
Here is some of what came in that speech.
Keep in mind this thread is not about Hezbollah or SHN rather about Macron’s initiative and Adib’s failure to form his government.
We are still trying to figure out if Adib’s failure was a blessing in disguise for Lebanon.

Full program here:

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
I noticed someone here was chatting during SHN speech and must have missed some important details.🤨
Here is some of what came in that speech.
Keep in mind this thread is not about Hezbollah or SHN rather about Macron’s initiative and Adib’s failure to form his government.
We are still trying to figure out if Adib’s failure was a blessing in disguise for Lebanon.

Full program here:

Adib's failure was indeed a blessing in exposing the true nature of masra7iyet the Two Tango Dancers over the Dying Swan.

Viral

The first part that you didn’t highlight is where you started off on the wrong foot. Had you started it without assuming I pledge allegiance to anyone other than what my conscience tells me, I would have agreed with most of what you wrote knowing this was not the topic at hand to start with.

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
The first part that you didn’t highlight is where you started off on the wrong foot. Had you started it without assuming I pledge allegiance to anyone other than what my conscience tells me, I would have agreed with most of what you wrote knowing this was not the topic at hand to start with.
If you say I was wrong about my assumption, and I usually trust your judgment, then I admit I was wrong.

However, the topic and my answer was very much related. While the topic points at the club of Four for being a trojan horse, I had to adjust your camera zoom to also include the duo in the snapshot. I thought we'd all get a chance to see the total picture.

Since you mentioned you agree on most of what I wrote, where do you disagree?

Viral

If you say I was wrong about my assumption, and I usually trust your judgment, then I admit I was wrong.

However, the topic and my answer was very much related. While the topic points at the club of Four for being a trojan horse, I had to adjust your camera zoom to also include the duo in the snapshot. I thought we'd all get a chance to see the total picture.

Since you mentioned you agree on most of what I wrote, where do you disagree?
Do you believe Adib’s government that was being engineered and formed underground by Hariri, Saniora and Mikati without consulting with the President of the Republic a first step for salvation?

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Do you believe Adib’s government that was being engineered and formed underground by Hariri, Saniora and Mikati without consulting with the President of the Republic a first step for salvation?

Dunno about salvation, we're light year from even entertaining the concept. As a quick bandaid, something that keeps the drowning ship afloat, yes, if this was the condition for the west's stretched hand.

Now here's my question to you: suppose Adib was given the get go to resolve the knot and gave the duo's the MoF to rock and rule as they please (appoint their man), would you still have rejected his government or approved of it for the sake of getting us at least through the current acute crisis?

Viral

Dunno about salvation, we're light year from even entertaining the concept. As a quick bandaid, something that keeps the drowning ship afloat, yes, if this was the condition for the west's stretched hand.

Now here's my question to you: suppose Adib was given the get go to resolve the knot and gave the duo's the MoF to rock and rule as they please (appoint their man), would you still have rejected his government or approved of it for the sake of getting us at least through the current acute crisis?
Speaking of clouded minds, you are too hung up on the duo you can’t see the big elephant in the room.

Adib was cheating on his fiancée the night of the wedding and you can’t see that.

I’m very thankful to the duo for doing the dirty work that GMA was gonna have to do it otherwise.

I posted the above video hopefully you can get my point and reconsider your priorities.

I believe you are not taking the time to listen directly to those who can explain the details.

The agenda is a lot bigger than the duo and the ministry of finance.

Adib was in the process of marginalizing the President's role by killing the last privilege remaining to the office of Presidency since Taif.
I find it ironic SHN is the one protecting the most important Christian office in the country while the Christians are too dumb to realize it.

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Speaking of clouded minds, you are too hung up on the duo you can’t see the big elephant in the room.

Adib was cheating on his fiancée the night of the wedding and you can’t see that.

I’m very thankful to the duo for doing the dirty work that GMA was gonna have to do it otherwise.

I posted the above video hopefully you can get my point and reconsider your priorities.

I believe you are not taking the time to listen directly to those who can explain the details.

The agenda is a lot bigger than the duo and the ministry of finance.

Adib was in the process of marginalizing the President's role by killing the last privilege remaining to the office of Presidency since Taif.
I find it ironic SHN is the one protecting the most important Christian office in the country while the Christians are too dumb to realize it.

Come again, we're almost having a private discussion here, there's no need to play the video games with me.
Hassan Nasrallah has established a captivating custom of TV appearances where his oratory skills are being repeatedly exercised. This is mostly to emphasize his own grandiosity among lovers, friends and foes, even when the substance is but ashes and dust thrown in the eyes and ears of his beholders. No wonder even smarter guys like yourself easily falls into his traps and illusively lined up words.
So mnel ekhir:

Nasrallah gives a sh!t about the presidency, Aoun, the state and whatnot. Hammo sle7o, his fundings and the maintenance of the unearthly halo his role and religiously inspired ideology has made of him, in Lebanon, inside the shia community, and outside in the outstretched chimeras of the umma. This is what becomes of every man who, in his own mind before others, grow bigger than his cause.

In other words: If Adib had given Nasrallah and Berri what they asked for, they'd have gratefully accepted, went to the kitchen, popped up their eco grown popcorn and laid back watching Aoun struggle for his share. At worst case scenario, Nasrallah would have sent him one of his office boys with a nice letter full of praise, respectfully asking him to help Adib build the government with a signature, kermel el balad my preciousss. The duo's tango is finally exposed, and it's not a swan's dance, rather a kanguru's.

By the way, did you notice you evaded to answer my question in my previous post?

elias-aj

Legendary Member
Viral, soon, there will be no country to preside over. The Banks and Central Bank losses are estimated between 80 to 100 billions $ (may be even more) not to speak about the public debt... and inexistent infrastructures Lol

Robin Hood

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter

You think a government where everything needs to be coordinated with Hariri and Siniora wouldn't have stolen the Western aid?

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
You think a government where everything needs to be coordinated with Hariri and Siniora wouldn't have stolen the Western aid?

One of the conditions of the aid package if I remember was that the aid will be thoroughly monitored by the givers.

Robin Hood

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
One of the conditions of the aid package if I remember was that the aid will be thoroughly monitored by the givers.
A government led by Hariri and Siniora would have killed the French initiative and been an American government. And do you really think they would have done reforms? Adib would have needed to coordinate everything with them.

zero

A government led by Hariri and Siniora would have killed the French initiative and been an American government. And do you really think they would have done reforms? Adib would have needed to coordinate everything with them.

you are insisting on this without any proof. its possible they dont care about having any ministers and just want to make sure HA doesn't either.