• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Adib’s failed arrange marriage to a Trojan horse.

Viral

By the way, did you notice you evaded to answer my question in my previous post?
Look who gave you a like for your post;)

I’m trying hard to stay on topic and make sure not to be put in a position as if I’m defending HA. They can take care of themselves. My issue is the Trojan horse that was brought in to take advantage of our forced upon us desperate situation and vulnerabilities like a doctor about to rape his feeble patient.

It’s stunning to me so many of us are resisting so hard not seeing what was wrong with the picture and denying all the flashing red lights.

It’s funny how much complaining we hear about the Taif accord that we signed on voluntarily stripping the President from most his privileges. Now we are about to stick the last nail in the coffin through Macron’s initiative and all we want to talk about is the tango dance.

Do you think GMA was not aware of what was cooking for him? Luckily he used his wisdom and patience which none of us have until things stunk so badly and the chips fell in place.

Viral

Viral, soon, there will be no country to preside over. The Banks and Central Bank losses are estimated between 80 to 100 billions $ (may be even more) not to speak about the public debt... and inexistent infrastructures Lol
Believe me I’m aware of the situation. I also know “Saniora” government is not the answer. That’s all.

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
A government led by Hariri and Siniora would have killed the French initiative and been an American government. And do you really think they would have done reforms? Adib would have needed to coordinate everything with them.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

It's easier than you think: your house la sama7 allah is on fire. Your worst nightmare street z3oure thief for neighbor rushes forward with a bucket of water to help you extinguish the fire. Unless you're rather after the insurance money, would you stand there with the fire raging behind your back devouring your possessions and ask el z3oure to get lost and help distinguish someone else's fire? Or would you simply welcome his help to help you save whatever could be saved?

Robin Hood

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
It's easier than you think: your house la sama7 allah is on fire. Your worst nightmare street z3oure thief for neighbor rushes forward with a bucket of water to help you extinguish the fire. Unless you're rather after the insurance money, would you stand there with the fire raging behind your back devouring your possessions and ask el z3oure to get lost and help distinguish someone else's fire? Or would you simply welcome his help to help you save whatever could be saved?
What if it's the same guy who put my house on fire?

Viral

A government led by Hariri and Siniora would have killed the French initiative and been an American government. And do you really think they would have done reforms? Adib would have needed to coordinate everything with them.

I tried this one . It's not working :lol: :lol: :lol:

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Believe me I’m aware of the situation. I also know “Saniora” government is not the answer. That’s all.
If we're cursed with whatever the sunnis on your street installed, and the western aids to get you out of the emergency room are conditioned through them, what are your options? Die hard? Resist help? Negotiate your salvation? Yea, why not, and I sincerely wish you good luck. But what if they still refuse to let go off the conditions?

Last edited:

Robin Hood

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
you are insisting on this without any proof. its possible they dont care about having any ministers and just want to make sure HA doesn't either.
They already have the PM in their pocket.

zero

They already have the PM in their pocket.

how do you know? you are jumping to conclusions and labeling him a criminal before he has done anything. hasnt even formed a govt. How about we take this offer that will save us from the hell we are entering, and if you see corruption then you can complain.

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
What if it's the same guy who put my house on fire?

Exactly. What if? You tell me. You'd still rather let your house burn down, right?
Wrong. You take his helping hand.. and once saved, you shoot him.

Robin Hood

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
I think France wants to confront Hezbollah

elias-aj

Legendary Member

We all know anyway that the primary responsible of Lebanon's economic and financial are Hariri Sr., Sanioura and the other politicians who initiated the 90's policies. The State's debt policy, the high rates served by the Central Bank and the Banks, etc., we all know the origins.

So, of course a Sanioura Government is not and can not be the answer.

On the other hand though, the obstruction in the legislative work and the impossibility to reform the public sector (State and entities like EDL), are the direct responsibility of Nabih Berri. And nobody else !

The reasons why FPM supporters are exhausting and some even going berserk at HA, aren't related to a will to leave the Governance of the country to M14. Or out of sectarian reasons or because we decided overnight that M14 might be cooler.

It just happens and it was crystal clear, that neither the former Prime ministers nor HA / AMAL, were in fact ready to accept the principle of forming a Government with the only task to implement the expected reforms. They played their usual political game, knowing the Government won't be formed, just to save time, waiting for the orders and instructions of the regional powers, or the results of the US elections.

This kind of attitude, especially given the current situation, is not, can not in fact, be tolerated. And honestly, the silence of FPM and PMA is becoming defeaning, day after day... We can't just hear that we're taking the highway to hell. I mean, he's definitely right, but we're expecting him to be more proactive and not to only to suffer the consequences of both M8 and M14 destructive attitude.

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Adib was in the process of marginalizing the President's role by killing the last privilege remaining to the office of Presidency since Taif.
I find it ironic SHN is the one protecting the most important Christian office in the country while the Christians are too dumb to realize it.
This is not good enough... the president is very capable of protecting his role. He did it several times before, it is not difficult, and he doesn’t need any help from anyone. So this statement from SHN seems to be just noise to argument and try and justify his position to the Christian population and leadership who are clearly not happy with the outcome of the French initiative. That or there is a lack of trust in the president, or FPM - that pushed HA to take matters into their own hands.
as @elias-aj said, there is no love lost with the billionaire boys club of former prime ministers, but both them and the Shia duo tried a power grab and further deepened the crisis. There is now, at least for my part, very little trust left in either group...

Viral

let’s give credit where credit is due: Why is the US mediating between Lebanon and Israel now as we speak about our southern borders and maritime rights? Are they doing it to please Hariri, Saniora, Mikati and company? Or, may be to please Geagea, Frangieh and the Gemayels? Or, maybe from fear of our LAF and our President (with all due respect)?
Could the stubbornness of the resistance have something to do with it?

Robin Hood

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
I would have agreed with cancelling the results if the elections and giving the government to one camp if you were giving it to clean people. But Hariri and Siniora aren't clean people

Viral

To those Lebanese with low self esteem who are ready to sell short Lebanon's treasures that belong to our children and grand children...

Viral

I would have agreed with cancelling the results if the elections and giving the government to one camp if you were giving it to clean people. But Hariri and Siniora aren't clean people

The way I see it, if we live in an environment that promotes and glorifies corruption by default, we are simply inviting people to become thieves. But once you hold them responsible and make it clear they must do their jobs right most of them will. That is why I was against Hariri’s government resignation shortly after 7irak took off when the government got really scared. I was and still am for making those who broke it fix it instead of letting jump with their golden parachutes and leave the mess for us to deal with.

The reason we are in deep shit today is because most of us are too naïve and unable to identify and grab the opportunities when they manifest themselves. Or may be we are too emotional which is bad to make business decisions. Many opportunities were lost since 7irak started but it's not too late is we wake up...
Surrendering and selling our treasures short is certainly not the answer. That will make us poor and victims of International oppression and slavery for ever...