• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Adrian Darya 1 Heading to Lebanon. Let the show begin...

V

Viral

US sanctions Iranian tanker released by Gibraltar & blacklists captain
Published time: 30 Aug, 2019
Get short URL
US sanctions Iranian tanker released by Gibraltar & blacklists captain

FILE PHOTO: Iranian oil tanker Adrian Darya 1, previously named Grace 1, in the Strait of Gibraltar, Spain, August 18, 2019. © REUTERS/Jon Nazca

The US Treasury Department has blacklisted the Iranian oil tanker Adrian Darya - recently freed from a month-long detention in Gibraltar - and sanctioned its captain after an attempt to legally confiscate the ship failed.
The Office of Foreign Assets Control added the ship, formerly called Grace 1, and its captain Akhilesh Kumar to its Specially Designated Nationals list on Friday as the tanker’s destination changed from Turkey to Lebanon. Washington has accused the vessel of crimes including money laundering and financing terrorism, filing a last-minute civil asset forfeiture suit earlier this month in an attempt to seize it as Gibraltar authorities allowed it to set sail after a lengthy detention.
In a statement released Friday, Treasury Under Secretary Sigal Mandelker said that the vessel was complicit in enabling the elite Iranian Islamic Revolutionary Guard “ship and transfer large volumes of oil, which they attempt to mask and sell illicitly to fund the regime’s malign activities and propagate terrorism.”
Anyone providing support to the Adrian Darya 1 risks being sanctioned.
The IRGC was designated a terrorist organization earlier this year by the Trump administration, as part of its “maximum pressure campaign” against Iran that seeks to reduce its oil exports to zero.
The Adrian Darya was seized by the Royal Marines last month and charged with illegally transporting Iranian oil to Syria in violation of EU sanctions, though Gibraltar authorities cleared the vessel of wrongdoing earlier this month.
The Adrian Darya has changed course several times since its liberation, initially appearing to set sail for Greece only to change course after the US warned Athens that harboring the vessel would be seen as “supporting terrorism.” The tanker then headed for Mersin in Turkey, changed course for Cyprus - only to head back toward the Turkish port of Iskenderun. It is currently en route to Lebanon, according to the Turkish foreign minister - a fact that reportedly came as a surprise to the Lebanese authorities.

• Advertisement
  • Robin Hood

Robin Hood

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    It turns out it's not heading to Lebanon.
    We don't need more sanctions.

opium

opium

Screenshot_20190831_145028_com.android.chrome.jpg

No it is not heading to Lebanon. Tracking of the last 3 days is showing that vessel is cruising between Cyprus and Turkey in international waters.
    Anyway it has nothing to do here. We do not have oil refineries here. Also we don't have the infrastructure to transfer 2 million barrel of oil to Syria.
    If it ever comes here maybe just for refueling.

N

Nimaa

It's going to Syria. The forum jester (dude with the Israeli flag... Not sure what his name is) claimed a month ago that the tanker won't be released and once it was released he said the US will confiscate it. Now it's going to Syria. Wrong once again bud. Whatever your username is.

Robin Hood

Robin Hood

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    It's going to Syria. The forum jester (dude with the Israeli flag... Not sure what his name is) claimed a month ago that the tanker won't be released and once it was released he said the US will confiscate it. Now it's going to Syria. Wrong once again bud. Whatever your username is.
    @proIsrael-nonIsraeli ?

zero

zero

just keep it the **** away from Lebanon. we dont need sanctions targeting our govt

N

Nimaa

just keep it the **** away from Lebanon. we dont need sanctions targeting our govt
    What sort of dinky ass government gets sanctioned because a damn tanker harbors at its ports? Lmao. In any case this isn't going to Lebanon. Syria. It's confirmed.

zero

zero

What sort of dinky ass government gets sanctioned because a damn tanker harbors at its ports? Lmao. In any case this isn't going to Lebanon. Syria. It's confirmed.
    dont know what that even means. whether or not they get sanctioned isnt in their hands.. what they can control is whether or not they let the ship into lebanese ports. We owe them nothing. Khameini and trump can take turns shoving it up their asses for all i care. just keep it away from lebanon even if theres a 1% risk of lebanon getting sanctioned.

N

Nimaa

dont know what that even means. whether or not they get sanctioned isnt in their hands.. what they can control is whether or not they let the ship into lebanese ports. We owe them nothing. Khameini and trump can take turns shoving it up their asses for all i care. just keep it away from lebanon even if theres a 1% risk of lebanon getting sanctioned.
    Fair enough, but if a country gets sanctioned because a shitty tanker docks at one of its ports, then maybe that country needs to re-evaluate life no?

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
    "going to Syria" - It takes approx. 10 days for a tanker to travel the length of Midi, when did the tanker leave Gibraltar and and where is it now?

@Robin Hood , @Viral , the only part was wrong about is that US actually need to do anything about the tanker. Looks like mere threat of sanctions is good enough to make AD I running circles until the very oil it carries is burnt for fuel.

PS. I understand how much you want for me to be wrong and you might eventually succeed catching me, but not this time.

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
    Ask your deal leader he seems to be friends with them .... probably has more info than me :)
    I hope you will change one day and you will start pulling your replies from your head instead of your ass.

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
    replies pulled from my ass is more than you generally deserve...sorry to burst your bubble not gonna happen in response to you ...they already go way over your head
    You are not making sense again - if reply pulled from your ass is more than I deserve, then why bother replying at all.

V

Viral

Ask your deal leader he seems to be friends with them .... probably has more info than me :)
    By threatening nations who receive the tanker, they are leaving it with two options: take it to Syria or create an ecological disaster by dumping the oil in the ocean.

Mrsrx

Mrsrx

Not an expert!
    Staff member
    You are not making sense again - if reply pulled from your ass is more than I deserve, then why bother replying at all.
    In the olden days when people were bored out of their minds they used to bring on the village idiot to entertain them. So when i am bored i follow what they used to do in the olden days... why change something that works! :)