rita Y. boulos

Patrick EL Mesthi
17 hrs · Joünié ·

شارل حبيبي
كل م بتغطس غطسة مش قادر تطلع منها
بتصير مش عارف شو بدّك تعمل
و ما بتخلّي إيد وأعضاء تانية ما بتبوسن
ت تلاقي مين يعوّمك ....
فايق وقت اللي كانت طارت الجريدة و معاشات الموظفين؟!...
فايق ع القمار بالكازينو؟؟...
و اكتر من مرّة... طبعاً
الناس بتعرف.... و بتحكي....
و الله يسهّل للّي عوّمك ب وقتا...
بس هلّق ، اذا فكرك ترجع تعوم... نتفة صعبة...
رح يخلّوك ب قلب المجرور ل ناقع حالك فيه...
فكرك رح يحطّوك بالحبس ، من بعد حديثك ،
ت يطلع كمّ واوي و مأجور متلك
و يتّهموا العهد و القضاء انو عم يقمعوا الصحافة
و يحبسوا الصحافيين والكلمة الحرّة ؟؟
طويلة ع رقبتك و رقبة ل باعتك...
روح خيّط ب غير مسلّة ! و لعاب غيرها....
ضيعان المسبّة فيك ،
واحد أيّوب !!!
باتريك المستحي
#أيّوب_و_طالعلك

superduper703

The Ministry of Telecommunications sponsoring a CPL dinner to the tune of $25,000.

They said "Change and Reform", LOL. Tfeh.

20901493_2135438673384909_2748356096765640812_o.jpg

vegojimbo

Legendary Member
The Ministry of Telecommunications sponsoring a CPL dinner to the tune of $25,000.

why is an official lebanese document written in English?
I doubt its veracity, unless someone can confirm that lebanese state institutions are allowed to write documents in a language other than Arabic.

superduper703

why is an official lebanese document written in English?
I doubt its veracity, unless someone can confirm that lebanese state institutions are allowed to write documents in a language other than Arabic.

Emre Gurkan is the CEO of Touch. He's a US-Turkish citizen, so it's natural to correspond in English.

In any case, you guys don't believe anything that puts FPM in a bad light, with or without proof, so I'm not surprised at you "doubting the veracity".

vegojimbo

Legendary Member
Emre Gurkan is the CEO of Touch. He's a US-Turkish citizen, so it's natural to correspond in English.

In any case, you guys don't believe anything that puts FPM in a bad light, with or without proof, so I'm not surprised at you "doubting the veracity".
Oh the ever so righteous you.
Anyway, I heard the same story today but about FM and the Ministry of Telecommunications, not FPm. Why would a FM minister sponsor an event for a political party which is heavily criticizing Jarrah the MOT minister. Kenaan is withholding funds requested by Jarrah in the 'lejnet el meliyyeh' and indirectly accusing Jarrah of habing shady deals, especially the fiber optics mounaqasa.
The whole issue doesn't make much sense, so yeah its veracity is doubted.
Even more, your explanation doesn't really answer my question. Any official correspondance or document should be in the official language, otherwise it should not be legal. If this guy is CEO of Touch and he's turkish american (shou khass FPM event here) he should understand Arabic. Something smells phishy here.

Anyway, with you any alleged story making FPM look bad is automatically fact. Your history on this forum is ample proof. Fa don't accuse others of what you excel at.

superduper703

Anyway, I heard the same story today but about FM and the Ministry of Telecommunications, not FPm. Why would a FM minister sponsor an event for a political party which is heavily criticizing Jarrah the MOT minister. Kenaan is withholding funds requested by Jarrah in the 'lejnet el meliyyeh' and indirectly accusing Jarrah of habing shady deals, especially the fiber optics mounaqasa.
Even more, your explanation doesn't really answer my question. Any official correspondance or document should be in the official language, otherwise it should not be legal. If this guy is CEO of Touch and he's turkish american (shou khass FPM event here) he should understand Arabic. Something smells phishy here.

Anyway, with you any alleged story making FPM look bad is automatically fact. Your history on this forum is ample proof. Fa don't accuse others of what you excel at.

Cheers

Randomiser

Why should US-Turkish guy understand Arabic, butthurt FPM supporters.
It's probably official English translation of the Arabic document.
The real fishy thing why should a private foreign company(Zain that manage touch) sponsor FPM dinner using Lebanese people money.

vegojimbo

Legendary Member
Why should US-Turkish guy understand Arabic, butthurt FPM supporters.
It's probably official English translation of the Arabic document.
The real fishy thing why should a private foreign company(Zain that manage touch) sponsor FPM dinner using Lebanese people money.
Bhannik 3a hal language. Fits your manners.
The guy is occupying a high level post in a lebanese company. A3ouzou bel lah he should understand the language of the country. U guys have zero understanding of the work sector. Tomorrow I'll go work in a company in Brazil even though I have no skills in spanish. Bass the company will communicate with me 7assab my language skills. It should not be mandatory that I have at least some understanding of the Spanish language.
Khalas critical thinking is becoming increasingly difficult. Wel anka bya3mlo 7alon holding the moral high ground. Intellectuals and elitists 2al. Te3tir.

Cheers

Last edited:

vegojimbo

Legendary Member
Bhannik 3a hal language. Fits your manners.
The guy is occupying a high level post in a lebanese company. A3ouzou bel lah he should understand the language of the country. U guys have zero understanding of the work sector. Tomorrow I'll go work in a company in Brazil even though I have no skills in spanish. Bass the company will communicate with me 7assab my language skills. It should not be mandatory that I have at least some understanding of the Spanish language.
Khalas critical thinking is becoming increasingly difficult. Wel anka bya3mlo 7alon holding the moral high ground. Intellectuals and elitists 2al. Te3tir.

Cheers
Just a correction, Brazil's official language is Portuguese not Spanish.

JB81

Legendary Member

Is it me that it could be understood in a way that Touch CEO is taking permission from the minister to sponsor the event?! It is not necessarily the ministry is the one sponsoring it.

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Is it me that it could be understood in a way that Touch CEO is taking permission from the minister to sponsor the event?! It is not necessarily the ministry is the one sponsoring it.

Mmmm not good at all !!!!
If the operator was 100% private company it does not need any approval from the ministry of telecom.
The fact that the CEO asked for approval means that he has somehow to report to the ministry.
The minister reply considering the sponsorship part of the OPEX 2017 means that the ministry manages the treasury of the company...
Which in turn means that this might be public funds...

I am open to other interpretations....

JB81

Legendary Member
Mmmm not good at all !!!!
If the operator was 100% private company it does not need any approval from the ministry of telecom.
The fact that the CEO asked for approval means that he has somehow to report to the ministry.
The minister reply considering the sponsorship part of the OPEX 2017 means that the ministry manages the treasury of the company...
Which in turn means that this might be public funds...

I am open to other interpretations....

So a public institution run by a Turk?

What's OPEX? Plus, it can be a recommendation for limit sponsorship?
The whole thing doesn't make sense

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
So a public institution run by a Turk?

What's OPEX? Plus, it can be a recommendation for limit sponsorship?
The whole thing doesn't make sense

did I say public institution ?
I don't know who is the guy, but the fact that he is asking for permission from the ministry means, it is not 100% private.
That does not mean it is public institution.
However a "darbet Google sari3a" showed (I might also still be wrong) that MIC2 or Touch or whatever is called, is commissioned to manage the telecommunication. Which means (correct me if I am wrong) the money from the sector is not theirs, but for the government, the company simply operates the sector and gets paid by the govrnement for its services. In other words the revenues are the property of the government which explains why the CEO is asking for permission to spend 25k$ from the ministry.
In short it looks to me that this is a public fund.

OPEX = operational expenditure.
so this means that the minister considers the sponsorship to be part of the operational cost in the sector which the government will pay for

Last edited:

lebanese1

Legendary Member
did I say public institution ?
I don't know who is the guy, but the fact that he is asking for permission from the ministry means, it is not 100% private.
That does not mean it is public institution.
However a "darbet Google sari3a" showed (I might also still be wrong) that MIC2 or Touch or whatever is called, is commissioned to manage the telecommunication. Which means (correct me in if I am wrong) the money from the sector is not theirs, but for the government, the company simply operates the sector and gets paid from the govrnement for its services. In other words the revenues are the property of the government which explains why the CEO is asking for permission to spend 25k$ from the ministry.
In short it looks to me that this is a public fund.

OPEX = operational expenditure.
so this means that the minister considers the sponsorship to be part of the operational cost in the sector which the government will pay for

In Sehnaoui's era, I think a change happened and companies (Orascom and Zain) are now obliged to pay a fixed sum per year to the state and all extra revenues are profits for them. The state gives them a budget for marketing and advertising and they are free to spend it as they wish to secure as much revenue as possible to pay the state the fixed sum and generate profits for themselves. So the state doesnt care how this budget is spent as long as it is being paid the sum indicated in the contract.