Ali el Deek

Skunk

Skunk

Orange Room Supporter
I've missed few days, but what's going on here ?
Is that the mentality we inherited from the Syrian Civil War?

This guy should be kicked out of the Country right now

• Advertisement
  • Skunk

Skunk

Orange Room Supporter
    Why ?
    This guy disrespects the Lebanese people,
    A Country gave him the podium and the audience, gave him fame, suffered for decades and still from his regime's doings.
    This country cannot be told to shut up.

MTV who claims to be the mouthpiece of Freedom of speech just witnessed their guest getting humiliated on stage and their presenter humiliating himself live on TV in front of a totalitarian propagandist for the Syrian regime, and guess what they did ? they clapped for him

Zaatari left the studio to end the scene as probably MTV whispered him in his ear to so.

Disgusting to say the least.

Tayyar9

Tayyar9

No it's not disgusting I'm sorry. First of all, this is not a political show, so politics had no place here. Second of all, this guy was a guest on the show, THE guest for them, and his political views are known very well, it made no sense what Za3tari said to rile hom up. Third, this guy is a syrian, and he is more concerned about this than anyone of us. If I went to Syria or wherever and someone said that PMA is selling the country, I sure as hell won't shut up and accept it.
    P.S I don't have to agree with Deek to side with him on this

I

illusion84

El Deek is a known Assaad supporter; why having him from the first place ? or you can have him but do not discuss politics with him; and if you do do not do it 3al lebneneh

El Nizam be3 el joulein ; what does this mean anyway?

Assaad supporter are totalitarian and they do not accept comments like this; so either don't invite him to your plato ; or don't discuss politics with him or be smarter in your comments.

Skunk

Skunk

Orange Room Supporter
    No it's not disgusting I'm sorry. First of all, this is not a political show, so politics had no place here. Second of all, this guy was a guest on the show, THE guest for them, and his political views are known very well, it made no sense what Za3tari said to rile hom up. Third, this guy is a syrian, and he is more concerned about this than anyone of us. If I went to Syria or wherever and someone said that PMA is selling the country, I sure as hell won't shut up and accept it.
    P.S I don't have to agree with Deek to side with him on this
    No i am sorry...
    Your politicians are being bombarded daily on TV and social media, they're being called all sort of names, did you threaten and react the way the so called Deek did ?

El Deek disrespected us by simply taking a dump on our Democracy and freedom of speech that distinguish us from every other arab country including the shit hole he comes from

MTV ****ed up big time
    a miscalculated step that is going to cost them dearly
    they thought they can humiliate him by passing this message, it backfired

My Moria Moon

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Tozz fi shou smeek w mou mahdoum b'nob.
    Ever since they lost it, that's 50 years ago, his leaders had only one focus: seeking ways to destabilize Lebanon, with the aim at diluting and annexing it. In their locked down baa3ssi mind, Lebanon was a lot more valuable trophy than ever the Golan.

Muki

Muki

Orange Room Supporter
    Why ?
    This guy disrespects the Lebanese people,
    A Country gave him the podium and the audience, gave him fame, suffered for decades and still from his regime's doings.
    This country cannot be told to shut up.

MTV who claims to be the mouthpiece of Freedom of speech just witnessed their guest getting humiliated on stage and their presenter humiliating himself live on TV in front of a totalitarian propagandist for the Syrian regime, and guess what they did ? they clapped for him

Zaatari left the studio to end the scene as probably MTV whispered him in his ear to so.

Disgusting to say the least.
    Agreed. MTV screwed up. Ali El Deek can voice his pro-Assad views, if he wishes, as long as opposing viewpoints are also allowed.

L

Lebanon_Nation

طول عمرن هالعالم بحبّو سوريا هنّي و بلبنان. لمّا منسألن ليش ما بترجعوا بينقطع حسّن.

ostwind

ostwind

I think this is the problem with freedom of speech, people think they can say whatever they want without any consequences.
    Salam is well known for being direct but that doesn't give him the right to say whatever he wants. You have a guest in your show and you are OBLIGED to respect him. He could have said this statement in a million ways without hurting anyone or having all this mess. (For example: what do you think about people saying that Assaad sold Golan etc...)

Rachel Corrie

Rachel Corrie

Legendary Member

Wooooooooo I'm also clapping :lol:

Skunk

Skunk

Orange Room Supporter
    Wooooooooo I'm also clapping :lol:
    Of course
    I wouldn’t expect anything less of you
    You’re a clapper for the same fascist and dictatorial culture while on the forum you present yourself as some sort of a human rights activist and a beacon for cooexistance and freedom of speech

Bted7ak 3a gherna
    Ali l Deek represents a spot on syrian version of the same superiority complex expressed by the average Lebanese Hezbollah indoctrinated follower

A Hezbollah clapper would certainly cheer and rejoice seeing a fellow Lebanese being humiliated live on stage for expressing his personal opinion and also denied the chance to explain his position
    Freedom is a concept foreign for both the likes of you and Ali el Deek

SeaAb

SeaAb

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    Of course
    I wouldn’t expect anything less of you
    You’re a clapper for the same fascist and dictatorial culture while on the forum you present yourself as some sort of a human rights activist and a beacon for cooexistance and freedom of speech

Bted7ak 3a gherna
    Ali l Deek represents a spot on syrian version of the same superiority complex expressed by the average Lebanese Hezbollah indoctrinated follower

A Hezbollah clapper would certainly cheer and rejoice seeing a fellow Lebanese being humiliated live on stage for expressing his personal opinion and also denied the chance to explain his position
    Freedom is a concept foreign for both the likes of you and Ali el Deek
    Hayda l 'fellow Lebanese' byeswa sermeye. La2awwe tdefe3 3anno...I'm glad 2akal bakh3a 2ad rasso.

SeaAb

SeaAb

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    @Skunk ma ba2a tesma3la la 'bent' l Hariri! :confused:
    Click on the tweet for more videos.

Skunk

Skunk

Orange Room Supporter
    Hayda l 'fellow Lebanese' byeswa sermeye. La2awwe tdefe3 3anno...I'm glad 2akal bakh3a 2ad rasso.
    First let me start with i’ve never heard of this guy until yesterday, and regardless if i agree with whatever crap he says or not:

You and the guy from the tweet you quoted and Ali el Deek got absolutely no right justifying anyone yekol bakh3a ad rasso for expressing whatever he believes in a country where freedom of speech is sacred in its constitution, and on top of that he got denied the chance to elaborate on his point of view.
    No one disrespected el Deek, Zaatari gave his political opinion that Deek and yourself need to respect and oppose it in a civilized manner

Ou3a 7ada yfakker la la7za eno this culture has a future in Lebanon and it’s quite dangerous to Lebanon is an entity or society.

This is exactly what we fought against from the 1990s through 2005.
    Even Moukhabart l Jeish l souri couldn’t enforce it

fidelio

fidelio

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I hate to break it to you but the entire issue is scripted for ratings and other things. Of course, that doesn't change the fact that both Zaatari and Deek are both as likable as hemorrhoids and the Golan was the last thing on both their minds.

Skunk

Skunk

Orange Room Supporter
    I hate to break it to you but the entire issue is scripted for ratings and other things. Of course, that doesn't change the fact that both Zaatari and Deek are both as likable as hemorrhoids and the Golan was the last thing on both their minds.
    I disagree
    Scripted ?

We all know who watches MTV
    MTV screwed up big time in the eyes of its own audience, that was the last thing they wanted to hear

Your analogy doesn’t make sense
    MTV had no clue how to react, not any sane person would expect such backward reaction from anyone in Lebanon let alone some celebrity

fidelio

fidelio

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I disagree
    Scripted ?

We all know who watches MTV
    MTV screwed up big time in the eyes of its own audience, that was the last thing they wanted to hear

Your analogy doesn’t make sense
    MTV had no clue how to react, not any sane person would expect such backward reaction from anyone in Lebanon let alone some celebrity
    It's within your your rights to disagree and jump on the bandwagon but anyone who knows how TV works will tell you that almost everything is controlled. That sorry excuse of a TV show was dwindling in ratings for as long as a year now and politics just wasn't on their plate. They wanted a buzz and they got it. It doesn't matter if it's bad publicity, any spotlight is good publicity as long as you're back on the news.

Zaatari is a clownish character with the gift of gab, his political persona on TV is based on whatever material he can get his hands on to play the court jester. He has been going downhill ever since his Shi-N-N show got cancelled on Jadeed and frankly he should enjoy the 2 grams of sympathy he got from this episode and move on. As for Deek, he came out as baathist deek maybe to get more exposure for whatever gigs he has planned back in his country.

It's a win win for everybody, including Rabbat who i'm sure will get more viewership come next episode. You are fretting over nothing my friend. My 2 cents.

SeaAb

SeaAb

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    First let me start with i’ve never heard of this guy until yesterday, and regardless if i agree with whatever crap he says or not:

You and the guy from the tweet you quoted and Ali el Deek got absolutely no right justifying anyone yekol bakh3a ad rasso for expressing whatever he believes in a country where freedom of speech is sacred in its constitution, and on top of that he got denied the chance to elaborate on his point of view.
    No one disrespected el Deek, Zaatari gave his political opinion that Deek and yourself need to respect and oppose it in a civilized manner

Ou3a 7ada yfakker la la7za eno this culture has a future in Lebanon and it’s quite dangerous to Lebanon is an entity or society.

This is exactly what we fought against from the 1990s through 2005.
    Even Moukhabart l Jeish l souri couldn’t enforce it