1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amanda Hanna - Miss Lebanon Emigrant 2017 stripped of her title

Discussion in 'Lebanon Away From Politics' started by Jo, Aug 24, 2017.

1. Jo

Jo Administrator
    Master Penguin

100%
    Lebanese beauty queen stripped of title after her Israel visit is revealed

[​IMG]

Swedish-Lebanese dual citizen Amanda Hanna removed from position of Miss Lebanon Emigrant 2017 one week after winning competition

The winner of a Lebanese beauty pageant has been stripped of her title just one week after winning her crown, local media has reported.

Swedish-Lebanese Amanda Hanna won Miss Lebanon Emigrant 2017 earlier this month but was told she was no longer allowed to hold the position after organisers discovered she had previously visited neighbouring Israel using her Swedish passport on an academic trip in 2016.

“After communicating our decision with Lebanon's Minister of Tourism, he decided that Hanna should be stripped of her title because her visit to Israel violates our country's laws,” a statement given by The Festival of Lebanese Emigrants in Dhour Al Choueir to newspaper Al Modon read.

[...]

More: Lebanese beauty queen stripped of title after her Israel visit is revealed | The Independent

2. Libnene Qu7

Libnene Qu7 Super Ultra Senior Member
    Orange Room Supporter

100%
    If she traveled with her Swedish passport then how does that violate the law?

3. gramsci

gramsci Well-Known Member

51%
    Why lebanese are so fixed with this miss lebanon context, miss lebanon , miss emigrant ,miss this , miss that what are they trying to prove ..this is ridiculous..

4. Indie

Indie Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

48%
    Unless you failed to notice, Lebanese people are obsessed with appearances, materialistic prestige, and luxury :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Impera

Impera Active Member

56%
    That's true :(

It is the direct consequence of a rotten political class that starves its citizens and squashes any dissident against the vacuous status-quo that they have contrived.

Cultural death is akin to genocide because it completely annuls the soul and the creative power of the individual. Even noble clergy men's power is limited and restricted to small areas within regions (ra3iyye) and not more.

What's even worse, is that change is not that hard to achieve when the mass population has had enough. But alas, few have the guts and courage to rise to the occasion.

EDIT: Few have the patience and loyalty to the cause as well.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  6. gramsci

51%
    in my rare visits to lebanon i noticed that...and its not positive ..
    its a cultural mess....

7. Indie

Indie Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

48%
    A friend was visiting from Italy last time I was there. The TV was on in the background while we were talking. At some point he asked something about one of the characters on the show who he tought was also in another scene. When it was pointed out to him that they were two different actresses, his jaw dropped.

You can barely tell people apart anymore because they all get the same plastic surgeries.

And to think that Lebanese women are naturally some of the most beautiful...

They do the same with the culture, architecture, and environment. They swapped beautiful, unique music for autotuned pop crap; and, goregeous architecture and sceneries for a polluted urban jungle, and buildings that could be just as at home in Miami or Dubai.

• Like Like x 1
  8. gramsci

51%
    In italy we have mediterranean women beauty , and there is. One miss italy context , but normally no one give a fuss about it ... Only the housewives and the olds watch it..
    The most beautiful women in the world in my opinion are from eastern europe and russia generally , and specifically from balkan ,.. While also in india u may find some beautiful women.. So i guess that lebanese have a but exagerated perception of themselves regarding beauty..

9. Impera

Impera Active Member

56%
    Russian and balkan women fhemna bas Indian women?

Me personally I recommend Nordic beauty.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  10. gramsci

51%

Yes indian women..
    Do u know how many times miss world was indian?

11. Impera

Impera Active Member

56%
    Miss World is never the standard. Too PC.

12. Aoune32!

Aoune32! Member

37%
    I disagree. It is the people themselves with or without the rotten political class. That is the Lebanese way unfortunately. All they care about is who where's what and where they got it from.

13. Ralph N

Ralph N Member

1%
    You may not believe me but Lebanese are also obsessed with "Missed Call"