• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

an old demand reopened : Hadath municipality doesnt allow muslims to buy, rent properties

• Advertisement
  • Ice Tea

Ice Tea

Some people think they are better than others because of their religion... only yesterday some others thought some they were better based on their race, and a bit earlier some others thought they were better because of the colour of their skin...

They are all wrong.
    Yes, Christians ARE better than Muslims. Lebanese Christians are extremely successful in the West due to our work ethics and heavy focus on education. Also remember when Christians actually ruled Lebanon it was the most developed country in the region. And this is all easily explained because historically living as dhimmis under Muslim rule Christians had to work much harder than Muslims.

Walidos

Walidos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I need to exist and live in order to practice values and principles.
    Come now, you exist and you live, and you are supporting the practice of distorted values.

Walidos

Walidos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Yes, Christians ARE better than Muslims. Lebanese Christians are extremely successful in the West due to our work ethics and heavy focus on education. Also remember when Christians actually ruled Lebanon it was the most developed country in the region. And this is all easily explained because historically living as dhimmis under Muslim rule Christians had to work much harder than Muslims.
    No religion in its own does not define wether a person is “better” or not than another... again, whoever taught you this really messed up your thinking.

Ice Tea

Ice Tea

No religion in its own does not define wether a person is “better” or not than another... again, whoever taught you this really messed up your thinking.
    Christianity is a peaceful religion, Islam is a violent cult of death. Therefore Christianity is better than Islam, simple as that.

Anyway, I'm talking specifically about Lebanese Christians and Muslims. While the Christians are a thriving and successful group of people who integrate wherever they go, the so called Lebanese Muslims have been overrepresented from everything from terrorism (including 9/11) to gang rapes to petty criminality, and that according to all data available are one of the most violent and criminal groups of people on Earth (in Europe they have higher rates of violent crimes than even Iraqis and Afghans).

Walidos

Walidos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Christianity is a peaceful religion, Islam is a violent cult of death. Therefore Christianity is better than Islam, simple as that.

Anyway, I'm talking specifically about Lebanese Christians and Muslims. While the Christians are a thriving and successful group of people who integrate wherever they go, the so called Lebanese Muslims have been overrepresented from everything from terrorism (including 9/11) to gang rapes to petty criminality, and that according to all data available are one of the most violent and criminal groups of people on Earth (in Europe they have higher rates of violent crimes than even Iraqis and Afghans).
    Let’s not go into a debate on which religion is “better”. If I didn’t believe in Jesus I would not have remained Christian, so I am biased that way :)
    On the other hand, your premise that someone is better than someone else simply because one is Christian and the other Muslim is beyond ridiculous. The Lebanese Muslim community has produced great people, very successful people, as well as despicable people. Very much similar to the Lebanese Christian community by the way.

Ice Tea

Ice Tea

Let’s not go into a debate on which religion is “better”. If I didn’t believe in Jesus I would not have remained Christian, so I am biased that way :)
    On the other hand, your premise that someone is better than someone else simply because one is Christian and the other Muslim is beyond ridiculous. The Lebanese Muslim community has produced great people, very successful people, as well as despicable people. Very much similar to the Lebanese Christian community by the way.
    Your 'great and successful' Lebanese Muslims

Reality = more criminals and terrorists per capita than even Somalis, Pakistanis, Iraqis and Afghans

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    The funny thing is that I am NOT a leftist :) at All! But that doesn’t mean I accept blanket discrimination based on race, colour or religion...! This has nothing to do with left or right policies. Christians who argue to discriminate in the name of Christianity should revisit their faith
    I know we disagree on Islam as a whole. I am not arguing religion. I am arguing human rights vs discrimination based on religion.
    Ya habibi...their whole religion is a doctrine of discrimination against anyone and anything that is not islamic. Their "religion" is in fact a political movement, no different than communism or nazism. Protecting yourself against that is not discrimination. It's common sense.

We all have Muslim friends we would love to have as neighbors, but we are talking about groups and demographics here, not individuals.

In any case, what the municipality is doing is of minor consequence when considering the state of the country, overall. If Lebanese Christians want to keep their country, they have to think bigger.

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    No one is asking you to, I am simply asking that the action, or reaction, be in line with declared values and principles
    And what would be "in line" according to you? Yalla let Muslims overrun the Christian areas of Lebanon. What do you think will happen then? You'll have mini tripolis and dahiehs everywhere.

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Come now, you exist and you live, and you are supporting the practice of distorted values.
    He lives and he exists because of measures you consider "hateful and discriminatory," without which he would be no better off than the Copts of Egypt.

Ice Tea

Ice Tea

He lives and he exists because of measures you consider "hateful and discriminatory," without which he would be no better off than the Copts of Egypt.
    And that's exactly what the Muslims want for Lebanese Christians, to become like Egypt's Copts or even worse, like Iraqi Assyrians. What happened to Assyrians in Iraq is actually exactly what Lebanese Muslims want to happen to Christians. Assyrians used to be the majority of the population in the Nineveh region. Then Muslims started moving there and now look what happened, Christians are literally gone, forever, from Nineveh (and all of Iraq for that matter).

lebnan_lilkel

lebnan_lilkel

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    the west doesn’t have issues because most people abide by the law, and the governments crack down on those who dont...
    our issues are because every Tom **** and Harry has their own idea of what is right and force it on others (like banning alcohol, Or forcing fasting during Ramadan) and the government does not react. Then some hot heads like yourself come to a leadership position and impose on citizens not to sell property to people of a different religion than theirs. It is as bad as the others.

It’s funny you are asking me if I understand English :) given that I live and work in the United Kingdom... (!)

PS: I’ve had enough of your name calling... I am happy to discuss but will not tolerate foul language. Post respectfully and we can debate, throw in more insults and you can discuss it by yourself in front of a mirror

We have to preserve our way of life and values otherwise there will be no more lebanon. Just another arab backward jungle.
    "the west doesn’t have issues because most people abide by the law, and the governments crack down on those who dont...
    our issues are because every Tom **** and Harry has their own idea of what is right and force it on others"
    Don't bring up your english skills by working in the UK. I was born in a english speaking country and most of my education was in one. I cant figure out what you are trying to say. you seem like , i have an opinion and I thing what happens in and around tripoli and Dahyi is normal.

You call me a ruler and hot head. Read your posts and reply. I was referring to the fact you are living overseas and criticizing the ones trying to survive in Lebanon. Double standards. BTW watch out, next time you re at a cafe, you might encounter one of these creatures lunging at you with a knife. hug him and share the love.

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    FPMers hide behind HA, the Islamic Resistance in Lebanon, use them to gain political leverage, then bit*ch about muslims wanting to live with them.
    Never ending supply of orange hypocrisy...

Walidos

Walidos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    And what would be "in line" according to you? Yalla let Muslims overrun the Christian areas of Lebanon. What do you think will happen then? You'll have mini tripolis and dahiehs everywhere.
    Make a fund and buy off people who want to sell... talk to people and convince them to stay or sell to you (as in the fund setup by I’m guessing the church or the people worries about their demographics)... for example

Walidos

Walidos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Ya habibi...their whole religion is a doctrine of discrimination against anyone and anything that is not islamic. Their "religion" is in fact a political movement, no different than communism or nazism. Protecting yourself against that is not discrimination. It's common sense.

We all have Muslim friends we would love to have as neighbors, but we are talking about groups and demographics here, not individuals.

In any case, what the municipality is doing is of minor consequence when considering the state of the country, overall. If Lebanese Christians want to keep their country, they have to think bigger.
    You are talking about groups and demographics yet you are discriminating against individuals... your friends who are Muslim and whom you would love to have as neighbors, have a right to purchase property near you, in your town and wherever they want.

Funny you should bring up nazism, what you are argumentons FOR is quite fascist :)

Walidos

Walidos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Have you ever lived in Egypt? I have... the Copts are targeted by extremist filth, and they are protected by the state of guess who, mostly Muslims...!

Dakhilkoun this overdone drama has got to stop. You have beef with Islam as a religion, I’m not going to argue because it has been regurgitated a gazillion times on this forum. But don’t tell me it’s ok to strip Lebanese citizens of their basic right of ownership in lebanon, because they are Muslim.

Once again, there are options, without discriminating, to hold on to your heritage, my heritage, without losing your soul.

Walidos

Walidos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    We have to preserve our way of life and values otherwise there will be no more lebanon. Just another arab backward jungle.

Don't bring up your english skills by working in the UK. I was born in a english speaking country and most of my education was in one. I cant figure out what you are trying to say. you seem like , i have an opinion and I thing what happens in and around tripoli and Dahyi is normal.

You call me a ruler and hot head. Read your posts and reply. I was referring to the fact you are living overseas and criticizing the ones trying to survive in Lebanon. Double standards. BTW watch out, next time you re at a cafe, you might encounter one of these creatures lunging at you with a knife. hug him and share the love.
    Preserve your way of life, but not at the expense of others basic rights.

I didn’t bring up English skills, you did. I don’t care for your level of proficiency frankly, but if you want to criticise mine, then You are going to eat your words... you are not the only one who was born in an English speaking country, nor who studied in one.

you don’t get to decide wether I have a say or not in anything... this is my basic right, to express my opinions freely, as it is the basic right for a person from any religion, to buy wherever they deem is right for them.

Nothing you say changes that.