• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

an old demand reopened : Hadath municipality doesnt allow muslims to buy, rent properties

Ice Tea

Ice Tea

Muslims were inevitably going to move into Christian towns in the east and mountain towns closest to Beirut. The Lebanese economy is centered in Beirut. No one is graduating from college and then pursuing a career in Nabatieh, Bint Jbeil, Hermel, Akkar. Most of the career-oriented jobs are in and around Beirut.

Now, the dilemma: 2-3 million Muslims do not fit in Beirut. Dahieh is already at overcapacity for over a decade now. I remember reading that 97% of developable land in Dahieh is fully developed. That’s massive and very dense. Where are these people in our generation and future generation going to move? One kid gets his parents’ apartment, but the rest have to go elsewhere. There is not much left to buy in Muslim areas, except for the multi million dollar apartments in Beirut which obviously most cannot afford. Their birthrates have stabilized in the last 20 years but that doesn’t mean that 3 million people can fit in Beirut and Dahieh. The problem is the territory that surrounds Beirut and Dahieh is almost entirely Christian. A Shia from Qana is not commuting to Beirut and back every day for work, so he has to move there. And with the low supply in Muslim areas proportionate to their population, they are going to the eastern suburbs. A Muslim from a northern or southern mountain may want similar climate, so he’ll move to a small town in Metn because he does not like the feel of a large humid city and is used to a breeze in the morning and night.

If you want Muslims to stop moving into Christian areas, promote policies that encourage economic growth outside of Beirut’s metropolitan area. This keeps Muslims from having to migrate to Beirut from the other regions as they’d have non-agricultural opportunities in their home regions, and also helps Christians stay in their towns in the north, Bekaa, south too. I am less concerned about Hazmieh eventually being 30% Muslim than I am about the decreasing Christian presence in Akkar or east Saida or the villages in Bint Jbeil. A Muslim who takes issue with alcohol or is a conservative sectarian isn’t the type of Muslim moving to Hazmieh anyway. The Muslims moving to east Beirut areas are Muslims who want to raise their kids around Christians and around what is perceived to be Christian social culture. A wilyayet al faqih-supporting Shia or salafi Sunni is not trying to buy an apartment in Mansourieh or any predominantly Christian area anyway.
You shouldn't be worried with the decreasing Christian presence in Sidon or Nabatieh, it's already non-existent. The same goes for Tripoli/Akkar. No Christian wants to go back to any of those places since they are all REALLY dangerous for us. What we should be worried about is our traditional areas being gradually colonized by Muslims. It's not just the Beirut's Christian suburbs. Have you been to Zahle lately? The city looks unrecognizable with the amount of Muslims there.

And you're extremely mistaken. The Muslims are moving to our areas not because they wanna experience Christian culture, they are moving there to change our way of life. They are all hardcore Amal supporters or Hezbollah terrorists, at least the Sunnis stay in their areas. You have to be really naive to think Hezbollah is not involved in this. This is all really a scheme to install an Islamic republic in 20 years.

• Advertisement
  • HannaTheCrusader

HannaTheCrusader

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Christina Natasha El-Hage
    2 hrs ·

In every country in the world there are people who are oppressed. I've lived in London & the number of homeless people that you see on the streets around you is absolutely shocking. There are countries where certain religious beliefs are banned & can get you in jail if you dare to express them etc...
    Now let us talk about Lebanon... this is a country that has 18 different Sects, yes EIGHTEEN. Any time you mess with any Sect a major problem occurs therefor you should be careful with each and every decision you make... Here comes the Nationality issue.
    I am a woman, a very proud woman & despite all the hardship that we go through I would have never ever chosen to be anything but a woman if the decision came down to me. I am a woman with a background in this particular subject, my sister Nadyne Bernadette El Hage is a mother to a newborn baby who I am sure will grow up to adore Lebanon because his maternal family does but will not hold the Lebanese nationality because his dad is Cypriot. My cousin Andreas Hadjimitsis was born to a Cypriot father as well but was raised in Lebanon his entire life & is probably more Lebanese than I am & has worked with the Free Patriotic Movement - التيار الوطني الحر during the NDU days much more than I did, but eventually had to go back to Cyprus because of all the complications that he faced in Lebanon because he cannot carry the Lebanese nationality. I haven't seen him for a year & 8 months. Whoever knows us knows how much we love each other & I have tears falling as I write this.
    Here comes the but... BUT
    This country has half a million Palestinian refugees (Probably more) and in recent history a million and a half Syrian refugees (Probably more). Combine those numbers together & this huge number is 50% of the Lebanese population (4 million). FIFTY percent! Two million foreigners. If 10% of the men refugees which is a very realistic number are married or decided to get married to Lebanese women because the Lebanese nationality to their children will give them a great incentive to do so, BOOM! We changed the demography of our beloved country AGAIN! As much as I love & respect Claudine Aoun Roukoz & she knows that, I am completely against the law the NCLW suggested before the refugees problem is solved.
    My family & I are willing to sacrifice our beloved nationality for the greater good of our country. Everybody should be willing to suffer for the greater good of their country if they actually love their country.
    Once the refugees leave, I am ALL for the right of the mother to give her child her nationality. As long as they're here, we should not even think about it.
    P.S you can ask the Brits how much they regret giving out nationalities and the French and and and... And its becoming much harder in all the advanced countries to get their nationality these days... getting it easy is a thing of the past and must remain that way.

HannaTheCrusader

HannaTheCrusader

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    who wants to live with such people all over lebanon
    tripoli is even dirtier etc etc

HannaTheCrusader

HannaTheCrusader

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    في الصورة الاولى نرى كيف المدعو عباس زهري الذي استقبله جو معلوف كناشط مستقل غير طائفي ، فيما هو الذي يتولى الترويج لهاشتاغ البرنامج ومحاولة ايصاله الى تراند
    ويشجع متابعيه الى ايصال الاحصاء الوهمي الذي يجريه المعلوف الى عتبة ال 5000 مشارك
    بعد ان كانت ال بي سي تعتمد على ستات ايبسوس لدراسة توجهات الجمهور؟، وبعد انهيار سوق الاعلان وانخفاض نسبة المشاهدات
    اصبح مقدمي البرامج امثال جو معلوف يعتمدون على مروج على تويتر كزهري لرفع ارقام الهاشتاغ والمشاركة عبر جيوش الكترونية حزبية للوصول الى تراند والايحاء ان البرنامج مشاهد بنسبة عالية ولديه جمهور واسع بينما الامر معكوس ومنفوخ وغير واقعي
    في الصورة الثانية نموذج عن افكار الزهري الطائفية والميليشياوية وتهجمه على موقع الرئاسة والسخرية من اهل الحدت واعتبارهم جبناء يفرون عند رؤية علم حزبي وطائفي
    ربما نسي هذا التافه ان الحدت هي بلدة الالف شهيد وان امثاله في العام 1990 لم يدخلوا الى الحدت الا وراء الدبابة السورية بغرض السرقة
    هؤلاء هم رجال ال بي سي وبيار ضاهر الجدد الجدد بعد شح التمويل
    #ال_بي_سي
    Image may contain: 1 person, smiling
    Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, dog and text

lebnan_lilkel

lebnan_lilkel

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Now in the uk, before that in Egypt :)
    If you think the Christian's are protected in Egypt, your security bar is way too low for a reasonable discussion about this topic.

Walidos

Walidos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    If you think the Christian's are protected in Egypt, your security bar is way too low for a reasonable discussion about this topic.
    It’s not about a security bar, it’s about having lived with them and experienced the culture and thought process from both sides of the religious divide...

lebnan_lilkel

lebnan_lilkel

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    It’s not about a security bar, it’s about having lived with them and experienced the culture and thought process from both sides of the religious divide...
    I don't know which Egypt you lived in , it sounds like Egypt street in Switzerland not the middle East. Your measure of love and democracy is skewed and not reasonable .
    Lebanon needs partitioning, but this is the only way to implement it without hurting anyone's feelings. It's the most civilised way. We don't.need to have a viking war , just different habitats side by side. Nothing wrong with that. Serna bi jadal bizanty. Running parallel lines no need to debate further.

Walidos

Walidos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I don't know which Egypt you lived in , it sounds like Egypt street in Switzerland not the middle East. Your measure of love and democracy is skewed and not reasonable .
    Lebanon needs partitioning, but this is the only way to implement it without hurting anyone's feelings. It's the most civilised way. We don't.need to have a viking war , just different habitats side by side. Nothing wrong with that. Serna bi jadal bizanty. Running parallel lines no need to debate further.
    Inta bi jadal bizanty... I am quite clear and consistent... by all means if and when the country is divided into religious cantons, assuming each cantons is an independent country, you can legislate that foreigners are not allowed to buy at all or up to a certain quota. Until then, we are one country... we follow the law

lebnan_lilkel

lebnan_lilkel

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Inta bi jadal bizanty... I am quite clear and consistent... by all means if and when the country is divided into religious cantons, assuming each cantons is an independent country, you can legislate that foreigners are not allowed to buy at all or up to a certain quota. Until then, we are one country... we follow the law
    All your arguments are simple and non logical. That's a jadal bizanty itself. We are 2 very different people in one country. If we ask for cantons, they start a civil war. In this lifetime , the Hadath fix is the only solution. It won't work because odds are not in their favour. We can let them dream and live for a change. You never hear about a bikie dragging a 70 year old women going to church in the morning, because she kept holding on to her hand bag. This is what we live with.
    The country will never be secular. Only the blind leftist Christian's are.

Walidos

Walidos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    All your arguments are simple and non logical. That's a jadal bizanty itself. We are 2 very different people in one country. If we ask for cantons, they start a civil war. In this lifetime , the Hadath fix is the only solution. It won't work because odds are not in their favour. We can let them dream and live for a change. You never hear about a bikie dragging a 70 year old women going to church in the morning, because she kept holding on to her hand bag. This is what we live with.
    The country will never be secular. Only the blind leftist Christian's are.
    Simple yes, non logical - quite the contrary.
    Boukra in your canton, 3mol apartheid and don’t let people of colour get in the same bus with white kids, or the same schools... really you don’t listen to yourself. This is has nothing to do with the left! I actually vote to the right of the political spectrum, since a long time, much earlier than the awakening of some forum members... so labelling me leftist has absolutely no grounds. Being a capitalist rightist, doesn’t mean that I accept discrimination on the bases of race, colour or religion...!

Ice Tea

Ice Tea

Boukra in your canton, 3mol apartheid and don’t let people of colour get in the same bus with white kids, or the same schools... really you don’t listen to yourself. This is has nothing to do with the left! I actually vote to the right of the political spectrum, since a long time, much earlier than the awakening of some forum members... so labelling me leftist has absolutely no grounds. Being a capitalist rightist, doesn’t mean that I accept discrimination on the bases of race, colour or religion...!

Do you really think Christians are in a position to discriminate anyone here? Christianity is literally OVER in Iraq and Syria, Copts are attacked everyday in Egypt. Lebanese Christians are literally fighting for their EXISTENCE.

JB81

JB81

Legendary Member
    Eza 2adi radeh why are you bothered?

Shiites leadership understand Christian concerns and they don't see it as discriminatory... the opposite, it's a way to preserve a common living before Hadath joins the canton shi3eh where the Christians disappeared from 7aret 7rek and other areas in Dahiyeh

JB81

JB81

Legendary Member
    في الصورة الاولى نرى كيف المدعو عباس زهري الذي استقبله جو معلوف كناشط مستقل غير طائفي ، فيما هو الذي يتولى الترويج لهاشتاغ البرنامج ومحاولة ايصاله الى تراند
    ويشجع متابعيه الى ايصال الاحصاء الوهمي الذي يجريه المعلوف الى عتبة ال 5000 مشارك
    بعد ان كانت ال بي سي تعتمد على ستات ايبسوس لدراسة توجهات الجمهور؟، وبعد انهيار سوق الاعلان وانخفاض نسبة المشاهدات
    اصبح مقدمي البرامج امثال جو معلوف يعتمدون على مروج على تويتر كزهري لرفع ارقام الهاشتاغ والمشاركة عبر جيوش الكترونية حزبية للوصول الى تراند والايحاء ان البرنامج مشاهد بنسبة عالية ولديه جمهور واسع بينما الامر معكوس ومنفوخ وغير واقعي
    في الصورة الثانية نموذج عن افكار الزهري الطائفية والميليشياوية وتهجمه على موقع الرئاسة والسخرية من اهل الحدت واعتبارهم جبناء يفرون عند رؤية علم حزبي وطائفي
    ربما نسي هذا التافه ان الحدت هي بلدة الالف شهيد وان امثاله في العام 1990 لم يدخلوا الى الحدت الا وراء الدبابة السورية بغرض السرقة
    هؤلاء هم رجال ال بي سي وبيار ضاهر الجدد الجدد بعد شح التمويل
    #ال_بي_سي
    Image may contain: 1 person, smiling
    Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, dog and text
    Leh Abbas abyad w Lseno tale3 labarra belsoura?

Walidos

Walidos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Do you really think Christians are in a position to discriminate anyone here? Christianity is literally OVER in Iraq and Syria, Copts are attacked everyday. Lebanese Christians are literally fighting for their EXISTENCE.
    Eza 2adi radeh why are you bothered?

Shiites leadership understand Christian concerns and they don't see it as discriminatory... the opposite, it's a way to preserve a common living before Hadath joins the canton shi3eh where the Christians disappeared from 7aret 7rek and other areas in Dahiyeh

Because it’s not about any Adeh, aslan who made them the judges? Ma they do worse and we always criticise them... hell half the thread are people defending the hadath actions by portraying examples of tripoli and dahieh...

Don’t mistake my outrage at hadath with sympathy towards tripoli or dahieh or any other area where an authority takes it upon itself to force unconstitutional rules down people’s throats.

This is just a cesspool of filth, discrimination and disregard for the law and basic freedoms.
    And you know what, I am better than this, and A party that is working hard towards the restauration of a strong and just state, should be as well.

JB81

JB81

Legendary Member
    Because it’s not about any Adeh, aslan who made them the judges? Ma they do worse and we always criticise them... hell half the thread are people defending the hadath actions by portraying examples of tripoli and dahieh...

Don’t mistake my outrage at hadath with sympathy towards tripoli or dahieh or any other area where an authority takes it upon itself to force unconstitutional rules down people’s throats.

This is just a cesspool of filth, discrimination and disregard for the law and basic freedoms.
    And you know what, I am better than this, and A party that is working hard towards the restauration of a strong and just state, should be as well.
    If there is no founded fears, it would be considered filth and discrimination. But, in a world hostile to Christians that not 3 decades ago, Christians were fighting for their existence in Lebanon, than stripped their political influence thereafter. You know maybe your memory is short, maybe because you think that Aoun and Bassil may last forever wel Christians in outmost great years; you never know in a flip of a second what happens.

Who would've seen coming that in less than 2 decades, Iraqi Christians were decimated in 10s of thousands? Syrian Christians were the target of takfiris, and Palestinian Christians bye bye... W Copts living under true discrimination and humiliation every single day.

W bet3ayyeb 3al massi7eh 7imeyet nafso? Smallah li2an the region is very tolerant. Henneh Mish tay2in ba3don w bi2tlo ba3don...baddak yer7amo massi7eh?