....and the LBP in all of this?

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

Aren't you the smart financial expert/advisor who knows it all and suggesting it's Okay for the USD shoot to $6000LL?
where did i suggest for the USD to shoot at 6000 LL. are u on
something??? to much hash from your allies?

• Advertisement
  • Picasso

Picasso

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    One of the latest news is that the companies are not allowed to pay to foreign suppliers so they could buy raw material or finished goods in order for those companies to simply function. A fact that left me stunned, since how the Lebanese state & the banking system would let the companies work as normal if they are deliberately disallowing them from buying what is related to their main course of business.

SoJollyFP1

SoJollyFP1

The Chosen One
    Orange Room Supporter
    One of the latest news is that the companies are not allowed to pay to foreign suppliers so they could buy raw material or finished goods in order for those companies to simply function. A fact that left me stunned, since how the Lebanese state & the banking system would let the companies work as normal if they are deliberately disallowing them from buying what is related to their main course of business.
    I can confirm this. The company that I work with as well as other similar companies are not allowed to pay for due invoices from suppliers and therefore cannot import anymore. The products that they import are not luxury products but essential ones that all people urgently need.

Picasso

Picasso

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I can confirm this. The company that I work with as well as other similar companies are not allowed to pay for due invoices from suppliers and therefore cannot import anymore. The products that they import are not luxury products but essential ones that all people urgently need.
    Is there an explanation for this?

Add to this the risk of losing the advance payments the Lebanese companies already paid. Some suppliers would start deducting from the AP for every delay since the goods are pending the final transfer and settlement of balance before shipping them.

Lebanon_not_Arabic

Lebanon_not_Arabic

Just changed L.L to Dollars: rate @1850.
    Yesterday my friend got his $ @ 1690 from the same guy in Antelias.

I

illusion84

The banks are playing dirty; they only want to gain from the lebanese economy and they don't want to help now that the crisis is here.

Dreaming in Red

Dreaming in Red

The banks put so much restriction on paying for imports by companies that they basically forbid it. Ya3neh they want dozens of paperwork as proof and at the end when the companies hand over that everything is legal, they still tell them we'll see in the coming weeks. One importer told me he is having to go to pay by hand with his wife on personal flights several times.

F

freemind

You can withdraw as much usd as you like since yesterday. It seems they got liquidity, no fuel problem either, the banks have assisted.

It seems there is a 9bn dollar brought to the market.

No ponzi monzi heh? Anyone holding a small grudge against Lebanon was telling us about bankruptcy and chaos in the past 2 weeks, where are you now?

Picasso

Picasso

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    You can withdraw as much usd as you like since yesterday. It seems they got liquidity, no fuel problem either, the banks have assisted.

It seems there is a 9bn dollar brought to the market.

No ponzi monzi heh? Anyone holding a small grudge against Lebanon was telling us about bankruptcy and chaos in the past 2 weeks, where are you now?
    Can you elaborate more so we can understand what's happening?