• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Angola bans Islam and shuts down all mosques

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venom

Legendary Member
Angola bans Islam and shuts down all mosques across the country because it 'clashes with state religion of Christianity'

Minister of culture described Islam as a 'sect' which is banned as counter to Angolan customs and culture
Nation's president said: ‘This is the final end of Islamic influence in our country'
Angola has reportedly declared Islam illegal and ordered for all of the country’s mosques to be closed down.

Minister of culture Rosa Cruz e Silva said that mosques in the largely Christian country would be closed until further notice.

She described Islam as a ‘sect’ that would be banned as counter to Angolan customs and culture.

There are unconfirmed reports that mosques across the African country are being destroyed, according to the International Business Times.

President Jose Edurado dos Santos reportedly told the Osun Defence daily: ‘This is the final end of Islamic influence in our country.’

Along with Islam, which is a religion associated with less than 1 per cent of the population of 19 million, 194 other ‘sects’ have been banned in the nation, where more than half the population is Christian.

Ms Cruz e Silva said: ‘The legalisation of Islam has not been approved by the Ministry of Justice and Human Rights [and] their mosques will be closed until further notice.’

Clashes between Christians and Muslim people are frequently reported in the local media.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2513388/Angola-bans-Islam-shuts-mosques.html#ixzz2lj6yCA4g

gramsci

Legendary Member
Angola bans Islam and shuts down all mosques across the country because it 'clashes with state religion of Christianity'

Minister of culture described Islam as a 'sect' which is banned as counter to Angolan customs and culture
Nation's president said: ‘This is the final end of Islamic influence in our country'
Angola has reportedly declared Islam illegal and ordered for all of the country’s mosques to be closed down.

Minister of culture Rosa Cruz e Silva said that mosques in the largely Christian country would be closed until further notice.

She described Islam as a ‘sect’ that would be banned as counter to Angolan customs and culture.

There are unconfirmed reports that mosques across the African country are being destroyed, according to the International Business Times.

President Jose Edurado dos Santos reportedly told the Osun Defence daily: ‘This is the final end of Islamic influence in our country.’

Along with Islam, which is a religion associated with less than 1 per cent of the population of 19 million, 194 other ‘sects’ have been banned in the nation, where more than half the population is Christian.

Ms Cruz e Silva said: ‘The legalisation of Islam has not been approved by the Ministry of Justice and Human Rights [and] their mosques will be closed until further notice.’

Clashes between Christians and Muslim people are frequently reported in the local media.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2513388/Angola-bans-Islam-shuts-mosques.html#ixzz2lj6yCA4g

It would be just perfect if they ban all religions not only islam !

HannaTheCrusader

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
dont agree with them
but cant blame them really

since al saud bans all chrisians in their country, so any muslim that criticizes angola is as hypocrite and is really criticizes himself .............

what i think should happen,is all nations should ban these salafi and their offshoots as they are a virus in our society, a great evil

HannaTheCrusader

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
You agreeing with this makes it perfectly ok for the GCC, and other countries to discriminate against Christians.

they can only discriminate against christians from TWC , bt from the west and usa, hahahahahhahahhahhaa

they are their masters and dare not say one peeppppp
aktar shi byetmarjalo 3layna aw 3al phiulippone

oopps, they are already byetmarjalo 3lyana .scum bags, heathens

HannaTheCrusader

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
You agreeing with this makes it perfectly ok for the GCC, and other countries to discriminate against Christians.

habibi

to the sunnis you are no muslim, so whay are you getting upset ??????

stop emphasiszing with them and feeling solidarity anytime , someone reacts to their takferes teachings

Libnene Qu7

Super Ultra Senior Member
Orange Room Supporter

Um, not really. The GCC already discriminates big time, they're not waiting for anyone's permission. I'm really interested in seeing Saudi Arabia's response...

Hats off fanatic intolerance? I told you you're easily taken for a Christian fanatic.

Let's hats off KSA then.

Yes, hats off to the country that is braver than most in calling things as they are. Islam is intolerant and hegemonic, and making it illegal is the same as making Nazism illegal. You know very well where I stand on this issue, and I agree with gramsci;. At least this is one step in the right direction.

HannaTheCrusader

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Hats off fanatic intolerance? I told you you're easily taken for a Christian fanatic.

Let's hats off KSA then.

stop making excuses really...l3amma bass one y7ekkek shway, u beocme a pro salafi .....why ???? are they theor brothers or what ??

they banned so many christian sects as well, DID YOU SEE ME JUMPING UP AND DOWN?????????nooooo i didnt it...
islam these days is creating terror all over the world and if natioons wants nothing of it, who blames them ? let islam clean its name

Rafidi

Legendary Member
it is really inconsequential whether or not angola of all countries bans islam. it is however a wrong decision for many reasons.angola would now become a target for extremists who would claim to be "fighting for islam".these are the same extremists (shia) muslims in Iraq,pakistan,syria and Lebanon suffer from.so congrats to angola for officially inviting the attention of extremists.angola has made a very poor decision.angola is predominantly Christian and the muslim Angolans account for about 1% of the population.their recognition would make little or no difference.with this ban,i expect the rate of conversion to islam by Angolans to increase rapidly.it reminds me of the 9/11 attacks which drew many americans to become muslim.

as for those talking about Saudi Arabia,saudi Arabia is no model for tolerance and freedom. Saudi Arabia discriminates against its own people who are not Wahhabis,how much more foreigners who are non-muslim? the Saudi government does not represent the aspirations and will of the vast majority of muslims. Saudi Arabia is not holy to me.it is Makkah and Medinah that are holy to me.these are holy places for muslim worship,and therefore I personally would not want a church in those two cities,just I as a muslim would not trespass to build a mosque in the Vatican.therefore the Saudis using the holy cities as an excuse to discriminate and promote intolerance all over Saudi arabia is not in accord with the wishes of muslims. this move by angola only goes to show that Christians can also be as intolerant as Wahhabis can be.this is plain fanaticism and silly.

Rafidi

Legendary Member
habibi

to the sunnis you are no muslim, so whay are you getting upset ??????

stop emphasiszing with them and feeling solidarity anytime , someone reacts to their takferes teachings

in that case,since you are sounding as if this ban is targeting ONLY the takfiris (salafis/Wahhabis or sunnis generally),does this ban exclude Shia Muslims? can Shia Muslims practice in angola? are they officially recognized? we are not in solidarity with Wahhabis/salafists.we are concerned because the umbrella of islam also covers the Shia who you as a Christian is allied with in Lebanon.

Hawkeye

Staff member
Super Penguin
[h=1]Angola Denies It Banned Islam, Destroyed Mosques[/h]
Angola became a hot topic in the international media over the weekend, as news outlets around the world wrote about reports that the Southwest African nation had banned Islam and had begun to dismantle mosques.
But an official at the Angolan Embassy in Washington, D.C., who did not want to be identified while discussing the sensitive matter, said that there is no such ban, and that the reports are erroneous.
“The Republic of Angola … it’s a country that does not interfere in religion,” the official said via telephone Monday afternoon. “We have a lot of religions there. It is freedom of religion. We have Catholic, Protestants, Baptists, Muslims and evangelical people.”

source

HannaTheCrusader

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
in that case,since you are sounding as if this ban is targeting ONLY the takfiris (salafis/Wahhabis or sunnis generally),does this ban exclude Shia Muslims? can Shia Muslims practice in angola? are they officially recognized? we are not in solidarity with Wahhabis/salafists.we are concerned because the umbrella of islam also covers the Shia who you as a Christian is allied with in Lebanon.

theshia needs to distance themselves and if you guys apply for an exception, maybe you might get it....just dont apply as the general term muslim

apply fo rexample as shia muslims ...like there are protestant or anglican or catholic christians,etc......

time for shia to they and distance themselves from the main sunni sect and forge ahead

Salmoun

teh shia needs to disatcne themselves and if you guys apply for an exception, maybe you might get it....just dont apply as the general term muslim

apply forexample as shia muslims ...like tehre are protestant or anglican or catholic christians,etc......

time for shia to tey and distance themselves from the main sunni sect and forge ahead

All your comments in this thread are fascist and racist .......

Classifying people according to religion is disgusting... People before belonging to a religion, they are human beings with no difference....

Religious extremism is common to all religion. Angola action if it is true shows the destructive extremism of "Christians"...

If you have problems with wahabi, use the word wahabi and not muslims or islam....

I hope you are kidding...

HannaTheCrusader

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
All your comments in this thread are fascist and racist .......

Classifying people according to religion is disgusting... People before belonging to a religion, they are human beings with no difference....

Religious extremism is common to all religion. Angola action if it is true shows the destructive extremism of "Christians"...

If you have problems with wahabi, use the word wahabi and not muslims or islam....

I hope you are kidding...

people who follow the takferes are no humans

and isalm has a bad rep and when one says the word of islam anywhere in the world, the first thing comes is terror and horror and backwardness ......thats not my fault, its that oumma who made it like this

now as i advised, best for shia to try and distance themselves from that name islam and look for another terminology until things gets better...so far we havent seen anything good from islam??? except death, killings and bombs and weird fatwas..........take my advice and look to distance yourself ( name wise)

Dreaming in Red

KSA doing something about it ? yeh just like they did something in palestine and burma etc. lol

They'll just send more wahhabis to syria and lebanon to spite Iran.

Dalzi

Legendary Member
stop making excuses really...l3amma bass one y7ekkek shway, u beocme a pro salafi .....why ???? are they theor brothers or what ??

they banned so many christian sects as well, DID YOU SEE ME JUMPING UP AND DOWN?????????nooooo i didnt it...
islam these days is creating terror all over the world and if natioons wants nothing of it, who blames them ? let islam clean its name
They have Salafis only there?

You're the one jumping up and down now.

Salmoun

people who follow the takferes are no humans

and isalm has a bad rep and when one says the word of islam anywhere in the world, the first thing comes is terror and horror and backwardness ......thats not my fault, its that oumma who made it like this

now as i advised, best for shia to try and distance themselves from that name islam and look for another terminology until things gets better...so far we havent seen anything good from islam??? except death, killings and bombs and weird fatwas..........take my advice and look to distance yourself ( name wise)

It seems you are not kidding…

Thank you for your advice, I already distanced myself from all religions… starting by my own religion, the one I was forced to adopt by birth…

IMO, “terror, horror and backwardness” come with misery and lack of culture… Religion is only the trap…

[]

Last edited by a moderator:

Dalzi

Legendary Member
Um, not really. The GCC already discriminates big time, they're not waiting for anyone's permission. I'm really interested in seeing Saudi Arabia's response...

Yes, hats off to the country that is braver than most in calling things as they are. Islam is intolerant and hegemonic, and making it illegal is the same as making Nazism illegal. You know very well where I stand on this issue, and I agree with gramsci;. At least this is one step in the right direction.
You criticise intolerance when you have just displayed extreme intolerance. You sound as worse as Wahhabis up there.

Islam is not a violent religion. It's not up to you or Wahhabis to decide what Islam is.

I support capital punishment for those who incite violence and hate against others who don't share their views, but I would never approve of discriminating agsinst others just because they belong to another belief or because they don't believe at all. It's wrong and it creates more hate and intolerance.

Be my guest and do me a favour by banning evil, but supporting the ban of a complete religion makes you evil.

Status
Not open for further replies.