Announcing: The Orange Room elections 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Advertisement
  • J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    the report button is being rarely used.

for your info when someone reports a post we receive a notification on our mobile, so even if we were offline we would still be able to take an immediate action
    I've used it many times when Indie was violating forum rules and attacking me personally and unfairly, but no one did anything with it...

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    Lol yes sir! And violating forum rules and it is a moderator doing it no less.
    And moderators did nothing about it though at least Loubnanito tried to help a bit but didn't delete Indie's posts.

I'm crying foul in election season so a bad moderator like Indie doesn't get elected again.

Silence

Silence

Orange Room Supporter
    I've used it many times when Indie was violating forum rules and attacking me personally and unfairly, but no one did anything with it...
    should be:

"I've used it many times when (in my opinion) Indie was (in my opinion) violating forum rules and (in my opinion) attacking me personally and unfairly, but no one did anything with it..."

And no one did anything because we were not of your opinion.
    But you know very well how many times I personally (and other mods did) deleted what I considered personal attacks on you without even you reporting.... and we both know how gifted and talented you are when you want to provoke someone....so yes it happened soooo many times

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    should be:

"I've used it many times when (in my opinion) Indie was (in my opinion) violating forum rules and (in my opinion) attacking me personally and unfairly, but no one did anything with it..."

And no one did anything because we were not of your opinion.
    But you know very well how many times I personally (and other mods did) deleted what I considered personal attacks on you without even you reporting.... and we both know how gifted and talented you are when you want to provoke someone....so yes it happened soooo many times
    I did not and do not think it was a matter of opinion as much as it was a matter of not wanting to act against a moderator, regardless of the fact that that moderator was acting in violation of the rules.

Dirty Dragon

Dirty Dragon

Thank you to the administration and staff of the forum for allowing a genuinely democratic discussion to take place. We know your work and initiative in maintaining this community is not an easy one. Some of us might have came off too hard on you, but know it stems out of a concern for the forum's best interest. The struggle to improvement is often not an easy one and takes effort.

To the "opposition" members, I humbly venture my opinion that the point(s) have been made and well received even when that is not explicitly visible. At this juncture, it is in everyone's interest to calm down and give the up and coming team the space to continue good work and make the necessary improvements. You need not agree with every single member on the team, but I really believe that as a unit they will do great.

Let us all take a break and give time for the dust to settle.

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    Thank you to the administration and staff of the forum for allowing a genuinely democratic discussion to take place. We know your work and initiative in maintaining this community is not an easy one. Some of us might have came off too hard on you, but know it stems out of a concern for the forum's best interest. The struggle to improvement is often not an easy one and takes effort.

To the "opposition" members, I humbly venture my opinion that the point(s) have been made and well received even when that is not explicitly visible. At this juncture, it is in everyone's interest to calm down and give the up and coming team the space to continue good work and make the necessary improvements. You need not agree with every single member on the team, but I really believe that as a unit they will do great.

Calm down!!!! :p

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member

I am not agitated about this, I am actually quite clear about what I am saying. I see it as my duty and prerogative during an election to campaign for or against candidates based on their actions and my views and convictions.

Dirty Dragon

Dirty Dragon

I am not agitated about this, I am actually quite clear about what I am saying. I see it as my duty and prerogative during an election to campaign for or against candidates based on their actions and my views and convictions.
    Indie will win regardless of your campaigning. And there is genuine work going on to address the issues at hand. So at this point, the current state of things, more pressure will end up being disruptive rather than constructive. It is your prerogative of course and I'm in agreement about the points you are making, but that is my 2 cents.

My Moria Moon

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Indie will win regardless of your campaigning. And there is genuine work going on to address the issues at hand. So at this point, the current state of things, more pressure will end up being disruptive rather than constructive. It is your prerogative of course and I'm in agreement about the points you are making, but that is my 2 cents.
    This discussion is cooling down What points? :vamp:

Muki

Muki

Orange Room Supporter
    You have to be a special kind of []to whine non-stop on the internet.

Note I did not say all whiners are [], therefore I pass the qualification of what doesn't constitute a personal attack, aye @Goku?

Now I say the above to make explicit point, sure, but also to discuss that it's very easy to weasel out of a personal attack by masking it very cleverly. Does an insult which sounds like a compliment cease to be an insult? Nope. So I think posts with malicious intent yet not so malicious language ought to be, in the very least, edited.

Dirty Dragon

Dirty Dragon

It is easy to fish for gray areas. Clear provocations which contribute nothing to the topic and are solely about the person do not in any gray area lie.

We get it, some members prefer to allow room for such. Others don't. This is one of the biggest disputes in this thread. Try to address that in your arguments instead of attacking those who disagree on that point.

loubnaniTO

loubnaniTO

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    It is easy to fish for gray areas. Clear provocations which contribute nothing to the topic and are solely about the person do not in any gray area lie.

We get it, some members prefer to allow room for such. Others don't. This is one of the biggest disputes in this thread. Try to address that in your arguments instead of attacking those who disagree on that point.
    there will never be a consensus on where the hard line is drawn. It will always be gray - with many shades...of gray, and we will never all agree on where to draw it.

That's why @Jo was generous enough to promote democracy and elect moderators who get the votes of the "majority". In my opinion, I have never seen BAD moderators.. just moderators with different views on where the line should be drawn, and trust me, hardly ever can 2 moderators even agree on where the line is drawn all the time.

It is subjective, whether we like it or not...

In MY personal view, there should be some level of tension and heated discussions allowed... we cannot all be Pope Francis here. Personal attacks - again in my view - is when the discussion deviates from the topic and becomes an attack on a member's character, values, religion, etc. or direct/blunt attacks on someone (like calling someone "stupid", "idiot", etc.). Using words like "childish", or "how old are you?", or other G-rated attacks, are not advisable, but should not draw immediate action, unless it leads to an escalation... But then again, this is my view.

Muki

Muki

Orange Room Supporter
    Did I say otherwise? :eek:.

Must be talking about someone else because I didn't attack anyone.

Status
    Not open for further replies.