Aounist disapointed from Michel Aoun

Resistancefrom89

Aounist disappointment from Michel Aoun is at record high...

Michel Aoun has failed to be the awaited Fouad Chehab...

Fouad Chehab almost disowned his brother to ensure he will not be able to benefit from his presidency....

You can not do reform if your major concern is how to ensure Gebran and Mireille will inherit you

• Advertisement
  • superduper703

Fouad Chehab almost disowned his brother to ensure he will not be able to benefit from his presidency....

You can not do reform if your major concern is how to ensure Gebran and Mireille will inherit you
    Hopefully, your resentment will translate into voting for civil society people in the next elections.

Resistancefrom89

Hopefully, your resentment will translate into voting for civil society people in the next elections.
    Actually nice you brought this up because have been thinking about my options...

The only entity I trust in Lebanon is Hezbollah (funny for a Maronite to say this)

Civil Society has to prove themselves and I still see them as s bunch of amateurs with no capability to understand the structure in Lebanon and hence their ability to make any change...

Ideally I wish some kind of intifada within FPM.

superduper703

Actually nice you brought this up because have been thinking about my options...

The only entity I trust in Lebanon is Hezbollah (funny for a Maronite to say this)

Civil Society has to prove themselves and I still see them as s bunch of amateurs with no capability to understand the structure in Lebanon and hence their ability to make any change...

Ideally I wish some kind of intifada within FPM.
    Unfortuntely, options are very limited. FPM had an opportunity to be the first Lebanese party whose president is democratically elected, but Michel aoun decided that the members « are not ready for democracy ». That’s the worst kind of slap in the face any partisan could have ever had.

Civil society people may be amateurs, but when you really have the people’s best interest at heart, you can move mountains or, if you are in Lebanon, you get blown up.

Lebnaouneh

At record high...for you. Wou ortit Ziad Abs.
    Elections happened only recently spare us your tantrum that you are generalizing to “aounists” for at least a year bsharafak.

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    Elections happened only recently spare us your tantrum that you are generalizing to “aounists” for at least a year bsharafak.
    Original Aounist have left in droves and waves even on this forum, and you know that, @Resistancefrom89 is hardly the first :)

Yes the bassili clan continues of course and got more votes than they should for sure, but this is no longer the Aouni movement not by any stretch of the imagination... The tayyar people knew is no more, what you have today doesn't even bear any resemblance.

Aoune32!

Why are people disappointed with PMA?
    The christians represented by FPM and LF are not the only one's in the country. We have 18 sects in the country and one sect cannot control the whole state. The whole country is built on a stalemate. It has always been like this nothing new. It has got nothing to do with powers or Presidents/PM/ or Speaker. The whole country sectarian make up does not let us advance.

NAFAR

Actually I was not hoping anything more from PMA knowing the Lebanese political dilemma.
    The way I see it, PMA is doing great under the current circumstances and under Taef constitution.
    Even if Jesus Christ himself comes to presidency he won't be able to do anything when people are ready to go against their basic interests just to please the Za3im as in case of the electricity ship banned from giving free power to South just to please Berri and his Moteurs Mafia :banghead:

Resistancefrom89

Yes...because HA are at the forefront when it comes to democracy, social and economic progress, and ending corruption :rolleyes:
    HA is focused above all on the well being of his people and would anything for that. Those folks are sacriffying their kids for a cause and not for getting rich and accumulating fortunes. HA has realised that corruption is threatening the well being of his people (basic state services, potential economical collapse) and Israel/Saudi/US will use it to get to him. Because of this HA will and can fight corruption

lebanese1

Legendary Member
    HA is focused above all on the well being of his people and would anything for that. Those folks are sacriffying their kids for a cause and not for getting rich and accumulating fortunes. HA has realised that corruption is threatening the well being of his people (basic state services, potential economical collapse) and Israel/Saudi/US will use it to get to him. Because of this HA will and can fight corruption
    عن حزب الله ومكافحة الفساد

https://www.refresh.com.lb/عن-حزب-الله-ومكافحة-الفساد/

Resistancefrom89

Actually I was not hoping anything more from PMA knowing the Lebanese political dilemma.
    The way I see it, PMA is doing great under the current circumstances and under Taef constitution.
    Even if Jesus Christ himself comes to presidency he won't be able to do anything when people are ready to go against their basic interests just to please the Za3im as in case of the electricity ship banned from giving free power to South just to please Berri and his Moteurs Mafia :banghead:
    The one who wants to fight corruption does not allow a daughter who has been given by bank Cedrus owners a couple of percent of Cedrus ( worth a couple of Millions) and then in exchange appoint one of Cedrus owners as minister

Tayyar9

You seriously believe that? That they are ready to sacrifice Shia understanding to fight corruption? I also believe that HA wants to fight corruption, but not by going against Berri. Therefore, they won't

Resistancefrom89

President can get elected in democatric countries and then 2 months later they can show a severe drop of support in the polls. Does happen, has happened

Resistancefrom89

Why are people disappointed with PMA?
    The christians represented by FPM and LF are not the only one's in the country. We have 18 sects in the country and one sect cannot control the whole state. The whole country is built on a stalemate. It has always been like this nothing new. It has got nothing to do with powers or Presidents/PM/ or Speaker. The whole country sectarian make up does not let us advance.
    Give me one example where PMA took a corruption file and tried to fight it. Look at the latest scandal of the Housing Loans backed by BDL: 20 Millions dollars to Mikati brothers, depriving 100 of young Lebanese couples from housing possibilities, pushing them to leave the country. That should have been an easy corruption target (assuming PMA entourage is not involved). Why isn t PMA banging on the table!!!!!!!

Resistancefrom89

so they were not aware of your "facts" 2 months ago and they discovered them now?
    The economic danger has reached an unprecedented level ( as an example Bank Aoudi is giving 15% on the lebanese Lira)
    There is one scandal after the other
    - Naturalisation decree
    - Housing loan (BDL backed) scandal and no actuon from PMA
    - cabinet seats of PMA/FPM parts promised to banker and rich business man, reminding us how Sleiman used to sell cabinets seats , e.g. selling the PM vice position to Samir Mokbel for 100s of Millions