Arabs' beloved Russia allowed Israel to strike Syria, Iraq

Ice Tea

Ice Tea

Israel has conducted several strikes on Iranian-controlled bases in Syria and Iraq in recent weeks with permission from the United States and Russia, a Western diplomatic source told a Saudi-owned newspaper Wednesday.

Moscow and Washington agreed that the Jewish state could conduct these attacks on Iranian targets in order to “ensure Israel’s security,” the source told the London-based Arabic-language Asharq Al-Awsat.

In recent weeks, a number of explosions have been reported in Iraqi military installations connected to pro-Iranian Shiite militias, including on Tuesday night in an arms depot north of Baghdad.

As part of the reported agreement, Israel would not publicly acknowledge carrying out the strikes. However, this has not prevented Israeli officials from hinting at their involvement in these attacks.

Asked about Tuesday night’s blast at the pro-Iranian militia base, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu told Israeli reporters, “Iran has no immunity, anywhere… We will act — and currently are acting — against them, wherever it is necessary.”

The explosions have occurred in bases and warehouses belonging to militia groups under the umbrella of the mainly Iran-backed Popular Mobilization Forces (PMF). The state-sanctioned PMF militias have fought alongside Iraq’s regular armed forces against the Islamic State group.

Iraqi MP Karim Alaiwi told pro-Hezbollah Lebanese network al-Mayadeen on Wednesday that evidence pointed to Israel being behind recent attacks on Shiite militias, adding that the Jewish state was trying to weaken the PMF.

Alaiwi said American forces controlled Iraqi airspace and reasoned that no one could be conducting airstrikes without US knowledge.

The Iraqi Civil Defense said in a statement that Tuesday’s blast occurred near Balad air base, one of the country’s largest. A Shiite militia group is stationed nearby.

The officials who confirmed the explosion spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity in line with regulations. They said the blast occurred in a depot belonging to the PMF and that an investigation was underway.

The mysterious blasts have given rise to a host of theories, including that Israel may have conducted airstrikes.

No one has claimed responsibility for Tuesday’s blast or other recent explosions.

In July, an explosion took place at a PMF base in Amirli, in Iraq’s northern Salaheddin province, killing two Iranians and causing a huge fire.

Last week, a massive explosion was also reported at the al-Saqr military base.

Israel has struck Iranian bases in neighboring Syria on numerous occasions, and there has been speculation that it might be expanding its campaign to target Iranian bases in Iraq. However, neither the Iraqi government nor Israel has addressed the reports.

Satellite photo of a weapons depot in southern Baghdad controlled by a pro-Iranian militia that was hit in an alleged Israeli operation on August 12, 2019.

Israeli officials have identified Iraq as a likely growing base of operations for Iran-backed efforts against the Jewish state. But Israeli officials have so far neither confirmed nor denied responsibility for the strikes.

• Advertisement
  • Ice Tea

Ice Tea

So if anyone thinks Christian Orthodox Russia would ever side with barbaric Arab Muslims against Israel, where one million Russian Jews live, there you have it.

fidelio

fidelio

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    So if anyone thinks Christian Orthodox Russia would ever side with barbaric Arab Muslims against Israel, where one million Russian Jews live, there you have it.
    Crusader and future saint putin will perform his canonizing miracle and convert them to christian jews.

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
    If Russia will, then it will not be for the first time.

Venom

Venom

Legendary Member
    Just for ur info , there are 10 million Russian Muslims.

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Just for ur info , there are 10 million Russian Muslims.
    The Russians are very strict with controlling the Muslims on their territory compared to the Americans and the Europeans. Remember their issues with Chechnya?

@Ice Tea is right.

True Palestinian

True Palestinian

Doubt Israel was looking for permission, but ok thanks Vladimir.
    Some of the recent deals between the Kremlin and Jerusalem are actually much more harmful to the so-called axis of mouqawama. One simple example: The Russians told the Israelis where Iran's atomic archive was stashed.

So thanks indeed, Vovochka.

True Palestinian

True Palestinian

The Russians are very strict with controlling the Muslims on their territory compared to the Americans and the Europeans. Remember their issues with Chechnya?

@Ice Tea is right.
    Hmmm, not really. Chechnya has basically morphed into a replica of Saudi Arabia under Vovochka's watch. And I'm not talking about the rampant islamisation of Moscow, there are so many Central Asian & Caucasian muslims in Russia that the Russians no longer have the time to hate Jews.

N

Nimaa

Some of the recent deals between the Kremlin and Jerusalem are actually much more harmful to the so-called axis of mouqawama. One simple example: The Russians told the Israelis where Iran's atomic archive was stashed.

So thanks indeed, Vovochka.
    What is an atomic archive? Lol

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Hmmm, not really. Chechnya has basically morphed into a replica of Saudi Arabia under Vovochka's watch. And I'm not talking about the rampant islamisation of Moscow, there are so many Central Asian & Caucasian muslims in Russia that the Russians no longer have the time to hate Jews.
    Chechnya has been a hotbed of islamism and jihadism for decades. Putin didn't exactly use soft gloves to deal with that.

On the other hand, I did check your claims about Moscow and it seems you are right...which is perplexing. The only explanation I can think of is that Putin wants to avoid economic instability, because it would make him unpopular; and, the Muslim migrants fill an economic purpose.

Given how the Russians dealt with Chechnya, it's reasonable to believe they would be just as tough if the current Muslim population of Moscow / Russia were to become radicalized.

But the risk of trading demographic stability for economic gains is not worth it.

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
    Chechnya has been a hotbed of islamism and jihadism for decades. Putin didn't exactly use soft gloves to deal with that.

On the other hand, I did check your claims about Moscow and it seems you are right...which is perplexing. The only explanation I can think of is that Putin wants to avoid economic instability, because it would make him unpopular; and, the Muslim migrants fill an economic purpose.

Given how the Russians dealt with Chechnya, it's reasonable to believe they would be just as tough if the current Muslim population of Moscow / Russia were to become radicalized.

But the risk of trading demographic stability for economic gains is not worth it.
    "But the risk of trading demographic stability for economic gains is not worth it." - West is doing for a while now.

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
    Iranian terrorists were killed

I am very happy living in such great times:
    I witnessed collapse of Eastern Block and Soviet Union.
    I am witnessing Arabs being totally silent about Israel bombing all over.
    I can die in peace ..., but not just yet - who know what other wonderful things I might miss. :)

N

Nimaa

Where they keep nuke-making materials. The Iranians don't even deny that they want to make nukes anymore.
    What is nuke making material? Wtf are you plebs talking about. I wish we were making nukes. The idiot mullahs are too scared to make nukes unfortunately. As soon as we have a Persian/Turkish nationalist party at the helm again we'll have our nukes. The mullahs are too concerned with survival of their stupid arabic Islamic regime to make nukes.

All the mullahs ever did was to test a detonation design. That was in 2003 I think. And they're careful not to use state of the art centrifuges to lay low. We have the delivery systems, the detonaters and the ability to enrich over 90 percent. They're scared that before they can get a decent arsenal going with a viable warhead that they will be attacked. But that's the risk you have to take.