Are American Court Orders Enforceable in Lebanon: Lebanon Hands Over its Citizens to a Foreign Country

SeaAb

SeaAb

Legendary Member
Staff member
Super Penguin
Gebran Bassil is ready to please the devil just to become president...a man who is ready to sell his citizens and hand them over to a foreign country is not fit to be president. He should not be allowed to become and he must be stopped. This isn't a zoo we are living in Mr Basil or a kingdom. Last week, I heard a report that 8 million dollars were spent to build 16 statues of Aoun and be planted across Lebanese territories. What is going on in this country? This isn't what we bargained for with a Aoun presidency.

We don't want any president who will violate Lebanese law and hand over Lebanese citizens to a foreign country.

You can argue all you want about the law in Lebanon favoring fathers and being unfair. For now, that is how the law is. Gebran Basil cannot be judge and juror. This outrage will eventually make him pay dearly. He will suffer the consequences of his excesses and abuses against the country and its people. This is dangerous precedence.
The so-called report about 6M to build statues of GMA turned out to be fabricated. Don't spread fake news.
GB kalbajon w 7atton bil tayyara b 2eedo kamen, i heard from my natoor today. Hal kerse shu bte3mel!

• Advertisement
  • Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    Gebran Bassil is ready to please the devil just to become president...a man who is ready to sell his citizens and hand them over to a foreign country is not fit to be president. He should not be allowed to become and he must be stopped. This isn't a zoo we are living in Mr Basil or a kingdom.
    ye3ne yalle byesma3ak bi fakker inno before bassil you guys built a paradise with khaddam w birri w hariri w hal orta, w eja bassil w dammar el janne.

el meshkle ya sadi2e inno ma fi 7aya.

Last week, I heard a report that 8 million dollars were spent to build 16 statues of Aoun and be planted across Lebanese territories. What is going on in this country? This isn't what we bargained for with a Aoun presidency.
    it was another rumor in a country that thrives on lies because most people cannot discern truth from falsehoods.

We don't want any president who will violate Lebanese law and hand over Lebanese citizens to a foreign country.
    you do not care about that. you simply have a beef with aoun & bassil and are using this issue as a pretext to settle it. it is not like you have a solid record in building societies that respect civil laws.
    You can argue all you want about the law in Lebanon favoring fathers and being unfair. For now, that is how the law is. Gebran Basil cannot be judge and juror. This outrage will eventually make him pay dearly. He will suffer the consequences of his excesses and abuses against the country and its people. This is dangerous precedence.
    yes yes, gebran bassil is the abuser, and birri w nasrallah w jumblat w hariri w franjiyeh are his victims. the people will not forgive bassil his trespasses. rou7 indab.

Lebmonage

Lebmonage

Legendary Member
    ye3ne yalle byesma3ak bi fakker inno before bassil you guys built a paradise with khaddam w birri w hariri w hal orta, w eja bassil w dammar el janne.

it was another rumor in a country that thrives on lies because most people cannot discern truth from falsehoods.

you do not care about that. you simply have a beef with aoun & bassil and are using this issue as a pretext to settle it. it is not like you have a solid record in building societies that respect civil laws.

yes yes, gebran bassil is the abuser, and birri w nasrallah w jumblat w hariri w franjiyeh are his victims. the people will not forgive bassil his trespasses. rou7 indab.
    Roo7 ndab inta ya munafeq.

If the country was bad, don't make it worse. That simple. Whatever distractions you're pulling are aimed at avoiding the topic. This is a dangerous precedence. It should be condemned.

Abotareq93

Abotareq93

Legendary Member

هيدا البليار السياسي يلي حكي عنو الرئيس عون. إثارة موضوع علي سلامة هدفه استهداف باسيل فقط لا غير

Lebmonage

Lebmonage

Legendary Member
    The so-called report about 6M to build statues of GMA turned out to be fabricated. Don't spread fake news.
    GB kalbajon w 7atton bil tayyara b 2eedo kamen, i heard from my natoor today. Hal kerse shu bte3mel!
    I don't know who's responsible. We need to know. GB is the foreign minister. He must be aware. If he is not, then who gave the orders?

Lebmonage

Lebmonage

Legendary Member
    هيدا البليار السياسي يلي حكي عنو الرئيس عون. إثارة موضوع علي سلامة هدفه استهداف باسيل فقط لا غير
    Who is responsible for such breakdown in law and order, violating the rights of Lebanese citizens in their country, and kidnapping and handing over Lebanese citizens to a foreign country? This is treason.

Abotareq93

Abotareq93

Legendary Member
    Who is responsible for such breakdown in law and order, violating the rights of Lebanese citizens in their country, and kidnapping and handing over Lebanese citizens to a foreign country? This is treason.
    Yalla let us wait for what HA and Amal will say about this? If they are unhappy with this, they should say it loud and clear and call for an investigation. How did you conclude that Bassil gave the orders? Shou da7ash Bassil bilmawdou3?

Lebmonage

Lebmonage

Legendary Member
    If there is law in Lebanon, whoever is responsible for ordering this treason should end up in prison. This is rape against the country and its people. Unforgivable and inexcusable. This is the naked truth. If you like it, fine. You don't like it, act like you're ignorant.

M

motorhead

If there is law in Lebanon, whoever is responsible for ordering this treason should end up in prison. This is rape against the country and its people. Unforgivable and inexcusable. This is the naked truth. If you like it, fine. You don't like it, act like you're ignorant.
    Someone said he'd burn down the country if Iran is attacked. Compared to the rape you are talking about, some would say the guy i'm talking about raped the country then choked it to death.

Lebmonage

Lebmonage

Legendary Member
    Here's an idea, how about you wait for the facts to be known before you go around attacking people left and right?
    What facts?

Did you read what the American lawyer of the mother said? This is the first time Lebanon is honoring an American court order relating to this type of case. In Lebanon and according to Lebanese law, a father cannot kidnap his child. And at 2 years old, the father has custody over the child. What more facts do we want to hear? The only fact I am interested in is to know who is the political w***" that gave orders for this treason. We have a right to know and we have the right to demand the politician be stripped of all immunity and face prosecution. If he has parliamentary immunity, then Speaker Berri should strip him of that immunity. Let the country be brought to its knees over this issue. This is how the law can be protected and upheld in Lebanon. Otherwise, this is a nasty precedence. It is treason. A country doesn't hand over its citizen to another country, talk less of an innocent person. It is shame. A scandal.

Lebmonage

Lebmonage

Legendary Member
    Someone said he'd burn down the country if Iran is attacked. Compared to the rape you are talking about, some would say the guy i'm talking about raped the country then choked it to death.
    "Someone said" and some "handed over" two Lebanese citizens to a foreign country are very different issues. To say or to talk and to act and commit treason are very different issues. I will f$$$ your @$$ is a statement. The actually f-in of your @$$ is a different matter entirely. It becomes an action and an offense.

LVV

LVV

Gebran Bassil is ready to please the devil just to become president...a man who is ready to sell his citizens and hand them over to a foreign country is not fit to be president. He should not be allowed to become and he must be stopped. This isn't a zoo we are living in Mr Basil or a kingdom. Last week, I heard a report that 8 million dollars were spent to build 16 statues of Aoun and be planted across Lebanese territories. What is going on in this country? This isn't what we bargained for with a Aoun presidency.

8 million dollars ???????

Lebmonage

Lebmonage

Legendary Member
    Yalla let us wait for what HA and Amal will say about this? If they are unhappy with this, they should say it loud and clear and call for an investigation. How did you conclude that Bassil gave the orders? Shou da7ash Bassil bilmawdou3?
    He is the foreign minister. He ought to have released a statement by now. We as Lebanese citizens have no worth apparently, as human beings and citizens. We can be extradited, arrested, tortured, kidnapped, and abused arbitrarily and illegally without any sense of urgency and feeling of guilt.

I don't care what HA and Berri have to say. I want to know what the Lebanese laws say. What do lawyers and judges have to say. That is how to build a modern state. We don't need to hear from HA and Berri to know this is treason and this is a violation of the rights of the people of Lebanon. We don't want a "bab el 7ara republic", where what personalities say become law and order. What does the Lebanese law say on extradition?

M

motorhead

"Someone said" and some "handed over" two Lebanese citizens to a foreign country are very different issues. To say or to talk and to act and commit treason are very different issues. I will f$$$ your @$$ is a statement. The actually f-in of your @$$ is a different matter entirely. It becomes an action and an offense.
    When you have thousands of rockets in your arsenal, the words you say have a huge effect on the general mood of the country. Would you invest in Lebanon now when someone not answerable to the government is able to wage war unaccountable?

[]

Last edited by a moderator:
    JustLeb

JustLeb

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    if this story is exactly as described this is outrageous.
    julian Assange who was accused of very serious crimes in the US, has the right to oppose extradition.
    So having a lebanese person extradited just on the spot smells big ass licking

Abotareq93

Abotareq93

Legendary Member
    He is the foreign minister. He ought to have released a statement by now. We as Lebanese citizens have no worth apparently, as human beings and citizens. We can be extradited, arrested, tortured, kidnapped, and abused arbitrarily and illegally without any sense of urgency and feeling of guilt.

I don't care what HA and Berri have to say. I want to know what the Lebanese laws say. What do lawyers and judges have to say. That is how to built a modern state. We don't need to hear from HA and Berri to know this is treason and this is a violation of the rights of the people of Lebanon. We don't want a "bab el 7ara republic", where what personalities say become law and order.
    OK

Lebmonage

Lebmonage

Legendary Member
    if this story is exactly as described this is outrageous.
    julian Assange who was accused of very serious crimes in the US, has the right to oppose extradition.
    So having a lebanese person extradited just on the spot smells big ass licking
    The catastrophe is that many don't see the dangers in this for us all as Lebanese citizens. Any day, some treacherous Lebanese official in bed with a foreign govt and powers can bundle and transport anyone into the custody of a foreign govt. Without any legal process and without any court ruling. This is catastrophic for us as a country. We should officially apply to become a US state and let Trump appoint a governor. Our the blood of our martyrs is in vain!

SeaAb

SeaAb

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    What facts?

Did you read what the American lawyer of the mother said? This is the first time Lebanon is honoring an American court order relating to this type of case. In Lebanon and according to Lebanese law, a father cannot kidnap his child. And at 2 years old, the father has custody over the child. What more facts do we want to hear? The only fact I am interested in is to know who is the political w***" that gave orders for this treason. We have a right to know and we have the right to demand the politician be stripped of all immunity and face prosecution. If he has parliamentary immunity, then Speaker Berri should strip him of that immunity. Let the country be brought to its knees over this issue. This is how the law can be protected and upheld in Lebanon. Otherwise, this is a nasty precedence. It is treason. A country doesn't hand over its citizen to another country, talk less of an innocent person. It is shame. A scandal.
    Tghayyar 7akyak hala2. A minute ago it was Bassil's orders because he wanted to please the Americans in order to become President. I can easily claim it was either Iran or HA pressuring Qabalan in a show of good faith to the Americans hoping that they would ease the sanctions on HA. Ma tshabbe2 7ake before you get the full picture.

Lebmonage

Lebmonage

Legendary Member
    Tghayyar 7akyak hala2. A minute ago it was Bassil's orders because he wanted to please the Americans in order to become President. I can easily claim it was either Iran or HA pressuring Qabalan in a show of good faith to the Americans hoping that they would ease the sanctions on HA. Ma tshabbe2 7ake before you get the full picture.
    Basil is the foreign minister. This case has to do with a foreign country. He is the number official involved. He is the number one suspect to me as a citizen. Let him deny any knowledge. That simple and I will apologize in advance if he has nothing to do with this and had no knowledge of this.

This case in a normal country is very weighty. It is enough to make the govt resign, even symbolically, so such scandal doesn't repeat in the future.