Are American Court Orders Enforceable in Lebanon: Lebanon Hands Over its Citizens to a Foreign Country

JB81

JB81

Legendary Member
[]...the girl is his daughter. And under Lebanese law, father taking custody of his son is not called "kidnapping". He didn't kidnap another person's child to abuse the child, like the way you are putting it.

Wallah, if this guy was related to me (a brother or cousin) and they did this to him, I'd personally use my bare hands to take revenge against the ba$tard in govt. that ordered this treason and his family. []. When Abass Ibrahim asked police officers to use force and break into his ex wife's apartment and take away her child, you all supported him. You said it is the law. This is Lebanese law. If you're not happy with our sectarian and religious laws, change them. Don't break them and cause disorder and lawlessness. Even if you want to hand the child back, why hand over the man back to be treated as a criminal for taking custody over his child?

Besides, does American law apply in Lebanon? What Lebanese law did he break? Based on Lebanese law, isn't he entitled to have custody of his child? This is the first time such order is being carried out on behalf of a foreign govt. And we need answers. This is lawlessness. And you will reap lawlessness. If a Lebanese law that gives custody to the father exists, it takes precedence over the American law that gives custody to the mother. It is not the duty of our f-ing govt to implement and execute American laws. Or is our govt an American law enforcement agency? swings. I don't care if what the father did is wrong in America. In Lebanon, it isn't wrong and it is not illegal. And he was already in Lebanon. Why hand him over? If you're not happy with what he did, then change the laws. Don't act as if the country belongs to individuals and they can act based in their mood swings.
The American law applies on Americans; and this is precisely what is going on.

This American lost a custody battle to his wife; and instead of respecting the law of the land, he committed a crime by kidnapping another underaged American girl.

I understand and feel with the dad; what he did is probably what every parent wants to do in this case; but, the mom also have the right to her kids and in this case the mom won.

Any act outside the rule of the court is surely lawlessness despite the emotional reaction of the dad.

• Advertisement
  • Lebmonage

Lebmonage

Legendary Member
    The American law applies on Americans; and this is precisely what is going on.

This American lost a custody battle to his wife; and instead of respecting the law of the land, he committed a crime by kidnapping another underaged American girl.

I understand and feel with the dad; what he did is probably what everyone parent wants to do in this case; but, the mom also have the right to her kids and in this case the mom won.

Any act outside the rule of the court is surely lawlessness despite the emotional reaction of the dad.
    He is also a Lebanese citizen. And the Lebanese govt has no right to hand him over.

The problem isn't about who gets custody. The problem isn't even about whether he should be handed over. The catastrophe is in the fact that this act amounts to kidnapping of Lebanese citizens and handing them over to another govt. without due legal process. The extradition was expedited in a lawless manner. If there had been due legal process, the father would have won the case in a Lebanese court of law based on Lebanese laws. This is his child. Not another man's child. In Lebanon, the father gets custody. Not the mother. He is already on Lebanese soil. And under no excuse should he be handed over. And not in the criminal way and manner the Lebanese authorities did to please their American overlords.

Do that to my family members and I will not let it go in peace. This is the only language the criminal Lebanese govt will understand. An ugly precedence has been set and the people would be forced to defend themselves against the criminals who committed this treason. You're handing over a citizen of Lebanon and his child to another govt (even if he has dual nationality) without due legal process. That is criminal. It is a crime. And someone should pay for it if there is an atom of shame in the legal thugs ruling this mess of a country. You have no right to implement or execute the laws of another country in Lebanon, especially when those laws contravene extant Lebanese law. Except the Lebanese law is annulled or changed, there is no way foreign law or order can take precedence on Lebanese territory over Lebanese law. It is nonsense. It is treason. Who gave the orders and who allowed for such haphazard extradition to take place. Rather it is kidnapping, not even extradition.

JB81

JB81

Legendary Member
    He is also a Lebanese citizen. And the Lebanese govt has no right to hand him over.

The problem isn't about who gets custody. The problem isn't even about whether he should be handed over. The catastrophe is in the fact that this act amounts kidnapping of Lebanese citizens and handing them over to another govt. without due legal process. It was the extradition was expedited. If there had been due legal process, the father would have won the case. This is his child. Not another man's child. In Lebanon, the father gets custody. Not the mother. He is already on Lebanese soil. And under no excuse should he be handed over. And not in the criminal way the Lebanese authorities did to please their American overlord.

Do that to my family members and I will not let it go in peace. This is the only language the criminal Lebanese govt will understand. An ugly precedence has been set and the people would be forced to defend themselves against the criminals who committed this treason. You're handing over a citizen of Lebanon and his child to another govt (even if he has dual nationality) without due legal process. That is criminal. It is a crime. And someone should pay for it if there is an atom of shame in the legal thugs ruling this mess of a country. You have no right to implement or execute the laws of another country in Lebanon, especially when that law contravenes extant Lebanese laws. Except the Lebanese law is annulled or changed, there is no way foreign law or order can take precedence on Lebanese territory over Lebanese law. It is nonsense. It is treason. Who gave the orders and who allowed for such haphazard extradition to take place. Rather it is kidnapping, not extradition.
    Did the guy got married under US or Lebanese laws?

mikeys71

mikeys71

It appears he obtained Lebanese passport from the embassy without the mother consent. Even in the US both parents consent is required to obtain a passport for a minor. If this is true the Lebanese consulate is in trouble. Where is @Abou Sandal ? He knows more about legal systems then all of us.

Last edited by a moderator:
    LVV

LVV

Any parent who prevents their child from having a relationship with the other parent, and who kidnaps their own child, is a child abuser.

The child should rightfully be returned to the other parent.

However, the reason men behave this way in Lebanon is because the disgusting, sexist laws have thaught them that they can get away with such psychopathic behaviour. So, for the Lebanese justice system to now send these men to another country as criminals is the height of hypocrisy.

You can't reward some men for a particular behaviour while punishing others for the same behaviour.

Sally Faulkner hasn't seen her children for years. Why is her ex getting away with kidnapping while these men are not?

Send all the kidnapped children back to their mothers and change the laws so that fathers no longer think they can find shelter in Lebanon to perpetuate their abuse. This will remove the need to extradite them to other countries, as they will not have the societal approval to commit their crimes in the first place.
    Hopefully, this signals a change with how things are done in Lebanon, this case becomes a precedent for all similar cases, and all kidnapped children are reunited with their mothers.

Time for Lebanon to return to the civilized world.
    Most wisest thoughts ???myLady Princess
    Kids should be with their mothers
    Time to male chauvinist to understand it

LVV

LVV

[]...the girl is his daughter. And under Lebanese law, father taking custody of his son is not called "kidnapping". He didn't kidnap another person's child to abuse the child, like the way you are putting it.

Wallah, if this guy was related to me (a brother or cousin) and they did this to him, I'd personally use my bare hands to take revenge against the ba$tard in govt. that ordered this treason and his family. []. When Abass Ibrahim asked police officers to use force and break into his ex wife's apartment and take away her child, you all supported him. You said it is the law. This is Lebanese law. If you're not happy with our sectarian and religious laws, change them. Don't break them and cause disorder and lawlessness. Even if you want to hand the child back, why hand over the man back to be treated as a criminal for taking custody over his child?

Besides, does American law apply in Lebanon? What Lebanese law did he break? Based on Lebanese law, isn't he entitled to have custody of his child? This is the first time such order is being carried out on behalf of a foreign govt. And we need answers. This is lawlessness. And you will reap lawlessness. If a Lebanese law that gives custody to the father exists, it takes precedence over the American law that gives custody to the mother. It is not the duty of our f-ing govt to implement and execute American laws. Or is our govt an American law enforcement agency? swings. I don't care if what the father did is wrong in America. In Lebanon, it isn't wrong and it is not illegal. And he was already in Lebanon. Why hand him over? If you're not happy with what he did, then change the laws. Don't act as if the country belongs to individuals and they can act based in their mood swings.
    He lives in USA ?? and who cares about retarded males
    Lebanon is part of civilized western countries

JustLeb

JustLeb

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    A US citizen committed a crime on US soil against an underaged US citizen.

It's not the first time such incidents happen. If Lebanon doesn't act in a humanitarian way, it means it encourages such behavior
    man the glucose level is already high in me, bekaffe hal ad :)

Jo

Jo

Administrator
    Master Penguin
    It appears he obtained Lebanese passport from the embassy without the mother consent. Even in the US both parents consent is required to obtain a passport for a minor. If this is true the Lebanese consulate is in trouble. Where is @Abou Sandal ? He knows more about legal systems then all of us.
    In Lebanon it is illegal i think to get a passport for your children without the consent of both parents.

Anyway, so what s the problem here really? Is it because the "ma7kame ja3fariye law" got over ruled?

mikeys71

mikeys71

Any parent who prevents their child from having a relationship with the other parent, and who kidnaps their own child, is a child abuser.

The child should rightfully be returned to the other parent.

However, the reason men behave this way in Lebanon is because the disgusting, sexist laws have thaught them that they can get away with such psychopathic behaviour. So, for the Lebanese justice system to now send these men to another country as criminals is the height of hypocrisy.

You can't reward some men for a particular behaviour while punishing others for the same behaviour.

Sally Faulkner hasn't seen her children for years. Why is her ex getting away with kidnapping while these men are not?

Send all the kidnapped children back to their mothers and change the laws so that fathers no longer think they can find shelter in Lebanon to perpetuate their abuse. This will remove the need to extradite them to other countries, as they will not have the societal approval to commit their crimes in the first place.
    Couldn’t agree more. I was married to US citizen and when we divorced the judge granted her full custody and ordered me to surrender my passport. Against her lawyer advise she asked the judge not to confiscate my passport because she didn’t want the kids to loose contact with my family in Lebanon. When the judge warned her that I might take the kids to Lebanon and never come back and that the court won’t be able to help, her response was my in laws would never let this happen. Now the kids are adults and they continue going to Lebanon on their own. Kids should never be used as weapon to punish your spouse.

JustLeb

JustLeb

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    kamen b khsous el karameh wel sha3eb el 3azim
    those of you who followed the story of Amanda Knox, years ago. She was accused of a murder in Italy;

US officials: Amanda Knox will never go back to Italian jail
    AMANDA KNOX will never be extradited from America, even if an Italian court this week upholds her conviction for the murder of British student Meredith Kercher, according to US sources.

This is a murder accusation and not a family dispute....
    w man lahou ouzounani sami3atani fal yasma3
    but I have no illusions, almost none of you will listen, because you are mostly sectarian motivated...
    You would have reacted very differently if the guy was named Tony and was extradited to Iran.

As a reminder, I am not discussing the custody of the boy. the boy could have been easily returned to his mother, while the father given his chance to fight his extradition to USA.
    Once again this rotten state fails to live up to the expectation of anyone...

This is nothing other than ass licking from a political party, and I am not pointing to Bassil, it can easily be Hariri ....
    It seems that the poor Ali is neither Amal nor HA, so he got screwed

Cheer up we are still in a banana country

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    3ahd el zol wol izlal!
    2oum ba2a 3antar, balad mano safe haven la kel wahad bado yokhtouf wledo men bara la2enno fi religious laws men el 3asr el hajare b hal balad.

Take your frustration elsewhere

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    those of you who followed the story of Amanda Knox, years ago. She was accused of a murder in Italy;

AMANDA KNOX will never be extradited from America, even if an Italian court this week upholds her conviction for the murder of British student Meredith Kercher, according to US sources.

but I have no illusions, almost none of you will listen, because you are mostly sectarian motivated...
    You would have reacted very differently if the guy was named Tony and was extradited to Iran.

As a reminder, I am not discussing the custody of the boy. the boy could have been easily returned to his mother, while the father given his chance to fight his extradition to USA.

This is nothing other than ass licking from a political party, and I am not pointing to Bassil, it can easily be Hariri ....

Chou 3am bet kharrif m3alim jean?? Would you be ok if a lebanese guy did any other unlawful thing in a foreign country and came to hide in lebanon? Hek sarit? Aw bas kermel nsajjil maw2af?

If the us wants to protect a murderer u want ur country to protect one too?

JustLeb

JustLeb

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Chou 3am bet kharrif m3alim jean?? Would you be ok if a lebanese guy did any other unlawful thing in a foreign country and came to hide in lebanon? Hek sarit? Aw bas kermel nsajjil maw2af?
    krikor, are you reading the links that I am providing, or just replying ya rab tegi b 3eyno ?

JB81

JB81

Legendary Member

I think it's better for the father to go back to the US and comes out clean, because one day he may need to go back and live there.

Nonan

Nonan

Orange Room Supporter
    What facts?

Did you read what the American lawyer of the mother said? This is the first time Lebanon is honoring an American court order relating to this type of case. In Lebanon and according to Lebanese law, a father cannot kidnap his child. And at 2 years old, the father has custody over the child. What more facts do we want to hear? The only fact I am interested in is to know who is the political w***" that gave orders for this treason. We have a right to know and we have the right to demand the politician be stripped of all immunity and face prosecution. If he has parliamentary immunity, then Speaker Berri should strip him of that immunity. Let the country be brought to its knees over this issue. This is how the law can be protected and upheld in Lebanon. Otherwise, this is a nasty precedence. It is treason. A country doesn't hand over its citizen to another country, talk less of an innocent person. It is shame. A scandal.
    First, I am not aware that the ministry of foreign affairs has its own police. Unless GB and some diplomats came and handcuffed the father and son, blaming this on GB only is unfair. For sure he couldn’t have done it on his own. Why not also blame Ria Hassan? Or el Amn el Am? Do you know who took the decision? Made the arrest? If yes, show us.
    Second, the Lebanese law in this case is retarded and I for one would not like to see it applied. I have two daughters and hope that I have raised them well enough that they will never get involved with a man that may turn out to be a sob. However, in case they do end up having a child with someone like that, I hope that child doesn’t get automatically delivered to the father without verifying that this is in the best interest of the child.
    In this case, the Lebanese law is retarded.

Lebanese Pride

Lebanese Pride

Orange Room Supporter
    shou khass assange bel mawdou3? the report is clear, ali saleme kidnapped his son, a US citizen, from the USA after his mother was awarded custody.

Da fuc? Shes smoking hot they should send me to her instead ill be her dexter @RealDonaldTrump @USCourts @GebranBassil make it happen bros!

Robin Hood

Robin Hood

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    We need a lawyer, like @Abou Sandal.