• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Are you sure that you are a LEBANESE??

Kakou

Kakou

Well well well!! Take a deep breath, read this and find out if you are a real Lebanese or not!!

Enjoy checking!!
NB: All of the points should concern you! No point missed!! Not even one!!

1) You constantly mix Arabic, French, and English when speaking
(okay merci kteer, yallah bye!) :tongue:

2) You call a night club A Night and Dunkin Donuts The Dunkin :wink:

3) You won't drive anything that's not a Mercedes, BMW, or Hummer :Nayla:

4) You get plastic surgery at least once in your lifetime :rolleyes:

5) You could always use another pair of sunglasses :thumbup1:

6) You use your forehead and eyebrows to point something out :thumbdown:

7) You think you are better than everyone just because you are Lebanese :sneaky2:

8) You are so class while everyone else are nawar :devil2:

9) You say you hate all Khaleejis but youll go work in Saudi Arabia or Dubai in a heartbeat :w00t:

10) Syrians are the butt of all jokes :biggrin:

11) Your family owns at least one Sri Lankan servant

12) You cant do anything in life unless you have a wasta (connections) :mad:

13) You have about 40 cousins

14) You have at least one relative named George, Elie, Tony or Marc

15) All your aunts want to hook you up with a guy/girl they know :frown:

16) Family gatherings are filled with gossiping and cat-fights:devil2: , where the women hang out in the kitchen and the men sit and discuss politics :smartass:

17) You are constantly talking about the latest Hayfa Wehbe news :clap:

18) You have relatives smuggling diamonds in West Africa

19) You bought your drivers license :sneaky2:

20) You dont have a job but you drive an SUV and upgrade your cell phone every month :eek:hmy:

21) You only buy something if it is expensive enough, because the higher the price the better the quality, right?

22) You dress like you're going clubbing all day everyday, probably because you do. :rolleyes:

23) If you are a Lebanese girl you give the look of death to another girl who looks better than you

24) Your aunt is always asking when she can belly dance at your wedding :crying:

25) When you arrive at an airport you find like 20 relatives waiting to greet you :clap:

26) You always curse Lebanese people when you are in Lebanon, but when you live abroad you only make Lebanese friends :eek:

27) The men always fight over who pays the dinner bill

28) You teach Westerners all the Lebanese swear words :devil2:

29) You have to keep explaining to Westerners that Beirut is not just a drinking game :angel:

30) You refere to other Lebanese guys as Cuz or Bro :cool:

31) Your extended family is over your house all the time, discussing the latest family drama

32) There is no such thing as quiet time :2guns:

33) You know there is another meaning for kiss and tease :wink:

34) At least one conversation a day is about being Lebanese

35) Going to church is a fashion show :gun_bandana:

36) You have at least one gold chain with a cedar tree or a cross on it

37) You think wearing a leather jacket during the summer is cool :cool:

38) You are always right! :sleeping:

.....................Cheers!! I'm out of here!! Please don't :2guns: me!!

• Advertisement
  • Kakou

Kakou

39- Should be added:
    Defend your leader (even with arms) and allow that anyone insults your God, mother, sister, father, friend,...........................you, whoever!

Superman

Superman

You won't drive anything that's not a Mercedes, BMW, or Hummer
    I drive a Daewoo:biggrin:

You get plastic surgery at least once in your lifetime
    :confused:

Your family owns at least one Sri Lankan servant
    None unfortunatly!:tongue:

You have about 40 cousins
    :oops: I have more!:biggrin: :tongue:

You have relatives smuggling diamonds in West Africa
    Relatives? No... Friends? Hell yeah!:gunsmilie:

You bought your drivers license
    I earned it the legal way... Check the thread in the lounge:tongue:

You dont have a job but you drive an SUV and upgrade your cell phone every month
    Thank God I have the job and not the SUV:cool:

You dress like you're going clubbing all day everyday, probably because you do.
    I kinda go to "the night" or "the dunkin":rolleyes: :tongue:

Your aunt is always asking when she can belly dance at your wedding
    I'm glad she never showed interest in this!:biggrin:

You think wearing a leather jacket during the summer is cool
    Euuuu! Not at all!:smartass:

You are always right!
    :dots: :rolleyes: :biggrin:

As for the rest, well they kinda match!:biggrin:

terror

terror

I realize this is meant to be humorous, but I still find this list so stupid.

That's not being Lebanese, that's being a middle/upper class Christian Lebanese living in Achrafieh/Metn/Keserwen/Baabda.

I mean it's just a TINY portion of the Lebanse society.

Kakou

Kakou

Or Mohamad, Hassan, Ali, Hussein.
    I wanted to add this, but I copied what I've got by e-mail, correcting just some errors!!:clap:

TERROR!!:redface:
    A7battné!! Je sais que c'est stupide, mais tu n'avais pas à le dire durement :gun_bandana: comme ça :frown:

C'était juste pour rire, et aussi ça réflète une bonne partie des Libanais!! Si ce n'est pas la majorité!!:wink:
    Méchant Terror:sneaky2: ! D'ailleurs, ton pseudo ne me paraît plus étrange:rolleyes: !!

Faithful

Faithful

Legendary Member
    1) You constantly mix Arabic, French, and English when speaking
    (okay merci kteer, yallah bye!) :tongue: !!
    Or Hi, Kifak, Ca va ???? loooooooooool hayde miye bil miye true :thumbup:

2) You call a night club A Night and Dunkin Donuts The Dunkin :wink: !!
    Also true plus "McDo" instead of McDonald's :cool:

3) You won't drive anything that's not a Mercedes, BMW, or Hummer :Nayla: !!
    No mich darouri abadan, i really don't care about cars, ma bifham fiyoun asslan :frown:

4) You get plastic surgery at least once in your lifetime :rolleyes: !!
    I hate plastic surgeries , it makes people Copy-Paste :oops:

7) You think you are better than everyone just because you are Lebanese :sneaky2: !!
    Not true, ma 7ada a7san min 7ada and every person has good and bad things. :smile: but i still have this very Special thing :biggrin: :tongue: :tongue:

13) You have about 40 cousins !!
    hahaha, i have much much more from my dad's side , i didn't dare looking at my mom's side :biggrin:

14) You have at least one relative named George, Elie, Tony or Marc !!
    We have a lot a lot of Tonis :wink:

19) You bought your drivers license :sneaky2: !!
    Not true, i did a test :thumbup:

21) You only buy something if it is expensive enough, because the higher the price the better the quality, right? !!
    Wrong, i don't care, if i like it i will buy it inchalla 7a2o 1000 LL

23) If you are a Lebanese girl you give the look of death to another girl who looks better than you !!
    Never, i am not jealous , why should I ?? :tongue: I have enough of Self Confidence :wink: :tongue:

24) Your aunt is always asking when she can belly dance at your wedding :crying: !!
    Loooooool, this mades me laugh, i have some aunts that always tell me these words, "nifri7 minnik ya khalto yaaaaa rabb w nor2oss bi 3irssik". :biggrin:

25) When you arrive at an airport you find like 20 relatives waiting to greet you :clap: !!
    Or when you arrive to the airport , you always clap your hands, Za2iiiiiiiif :biggrin:

36) You have at least one gold chain with a cedar tree or a cross on it !!
    This is true :biggrin:

38) You are always right! :sleeping: !!
    Definitely true :biggrin: , hahaha 3am bimza7 :tongue:

Dalzi

Dalzi

Legendary Member

That's not being Lebanese, that's being a middle/upper class Christian Lebanese living in Achrafieh/Metn/Keserwen/Baabda.

Very wrong terror :huh: ... This is TYPICAL LEBANESE... It's the same everywhere even in the most remote and isolated areas of Lebanon, not to forget those overseas! I'm surprised you don't know that :huh:.

Superman

Superman

Superman et Faithful!! Vous avez compris le but!!

Yalla, enjoy it!! The others, you may reply or add!! Should be funny OR true!!
    We kinda needed a couple of laughs especially after yesterday's incidents! Thanks Kakou!

aboujad

aboujad

11) Your family owns at least one Sri Lankan servant

100/100 you're right just .... pour le PRESTIGE

mickey117

mickey117

Legendary Member
    PPL always accuse me of being Syrian/Iranian/russian/venezuelan/brazilian/chinese!!! But this time I discovered I am acctually 100% Lebanese! It's amazing how all of the points (except maybe the cars I drive and the plastic surgery) are true about me!!
    :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :gunsmilie:

JD06

JD06

i understand the upper class part but what has religion got to do with it?if you go to church then you buy mobile phones every month or only drive hummers and bmws, and get plastic surgery? i fail to see the link between thm.

marisha

marisha

cv et dt?? :eek:hmy: beats me, min amtin howde? ana ba3dne b'oul downtown w centre ville, sarit el ossa ktir nia nia anjad:eek: .... im becoming "oldies" or mit2akhra :biggrin: :huh: :dots:

bass vraiment kakou, ya plus que la moitié des points qui ne me ressemble pas du tout! aslan une fois on m'a envoyé aussi un mail de ce genre mais l'autre etait plus vraisemblable et encore plus drole. si je le trouve je le poste ici. Hayda shway beyekh ma tiz3aleh :blushing::biggrin: qqs points banales mais d'autres typique libanais il faut dire aussi.:smartass:

Last edited by a moderator:
    Lebanese_dream

Lebanese_dream

This is a thread to see our sad truth to the whole world! And if you are proud to be like this, believe me abroad you are ashamed to say all this when you open your horizon a little bit...

I see this thread as sectarian because he keeps talking about church, Cross, christian names.... Who told you that muslims doesn't like khalij???
    Alas, it is not the Lebanese who are thinking they are the world, it is some Lebanese Christians who do so!

And, finally, the situation of tefchikh existing in Lebanon is like other countries... I read few times ago a study done by ' sociologues' and they were comparing the Lebanese society to other after war society and the phenomenon is the same!

Kakou

Kakou

It is a thread to see our sad truth to the whole world! And if you are proud to be like this, believe me abroad you are ashamed to say all this when you open your horizon a little bit...

I see this thread as sectarian because he keeps talking about church, Cross, christian names.... Who told you that muslims doesn't like khalij???
    Alas, it is not the Lebanese who are thinking they are the world, it is some Lebanese Christians who do so!

And, finally, the situation of tefchikh existing in Lebanon is like other countries... I read few times ago a study done by ' sociologues' and they were comparing the Lebanese society to other after war society and the phenomenon is the same!
    You shouldn't be SOOOOOOOOOo mad!! It was just for fun!! You just have to go to number 27 or 33 to realize that!! I say also that you may add any point!! So go on instead of complaining!! Add about christians, muslims, old, young, whatever............ It's just for having some fun!! All the points don't match with me also!! But I need to have fun!!
    I don't care if all of the worl saw this thread because if they judge without reading everything, it's their prob!! I want us to enjoy it! Why not?? If anybody wants to "criticize" us it's his problem!! We are, as you said, an after war people + bad situations in everything !! Nous pouvons nous défouler quelque part!!
    Et je suis convaincue d'une chose: Nous pouvons vivre dans le désordre que nous voulons tant nos n'avons pas abouti à tous nos droits! Ce thread ne change pas mon avis!! Je peux rire des OVERS des Libanais sans les condamner!! J'aime ces OVERS et je ne veux pas les changer!!

Merci!

coralie

coralie

Legendary Member
    Kakou je ne sais plus si je suis Libanaise ... aparement nous ne sommes plus considere en tant qu'humain meme :crying: .... on nous fout du sh3eer pour bouffer si tu vois ce que je veux dire :w00t: ... commensons par etre /croire que nous sommes ou que l'on nous prend pour des etres humains to begin with ! aparement nous n'avons pas le privilege pas encore !

marhaba libanais ...LOL...

il faut ajouter mangez vous du sh3eer ? si oui welcome to lebanese nationality ! vous etes Libanais par exelence ! :thumbup1:

Kakou

Kakou

Kakou je ne sais plus si je suis Libanaise ... aparement nous ne sommes plus considere en tant qu'humain meme :crying: .... on nous fout du sh3eer pour bouffer si tu vois ce que je veux dire :w00t: ... commensons par etre /croire que nous sommes ou que l'on nous prend pour des etres humains to begin with ! aparement nous n'avons pas le privilege pas encore !

marhaba libanais ...LOL...

il faut ajouter mangez vous du sh3eer ? si oui welcome to lebanese nationality ! vous etes Libanais par exelence ! :thumbup1:
    Looooooooooooooool et du Tebén??

Comprenez-vous les vers arabes??
    Ce serait bien aussi!

Stella

Stella

...But I need to have fun!!
    I don't care if all of the worl saw this thread because if they judge without reading everything, it's their prob!! I want us to enjoy it! Why not?? If anybody wants to "criticize" us it's his problem!! We are, as you said, an after war people + bad situations in everything !!...
    Is this maybe the consequence of the war as well? The constant need for fun? Of course its good to have fun, though you brought the image into my mind when Lebanese were partying during the war.
    It would worth to discuss this phenomena, is this because they want to run from the traumas caused by wars, by ignoring it?