• I'm a woman and I do

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I'm a woman and I don't

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters

Dalzi

Legendary Member
facebook-thumbs-up-1024x952.jpg

I know all too well and while this is not something new it is really reaching a sickening level. For example I have seen a women openly say how she purposefully is keeping her man down due to insecurity that he will leave her/attract other women, the day before her wedding, and that the groom won't be getting any on the wedding night because she will be too tired...:D Mind you not gossiping with her close girlfriends either. What kind of culture have we reached where this behavior is acceptable?
Their tongues are growing longer with the generations. Evolutionary biology.

Wouldn't you want your wife to be, feel and look her best always? She would the same... There has to be some bloody trust in a relationship otherwise why the hell are you in it for. These thoughts of doubt and worries make a person miserable and choke the partner.

Feminists lecture day and night about how they don't want to be dependent & under protection of men. But ultimately it boils down to an unhealthy level of control over male expressions of power and agency, which is the same as what traditionalists do only much worse. Any such expressions are perceived as a threat and that is why many women try to control their men and make them give up their hobbies, their social circles, or any semblance of independence.
Having a man you can depend on is a gift from the Lord. At least you'd know that he's always gonna be there by your side to pick you up each time you fall off your heels. I believe that being independent is a must for every female, she needs to have all the means to rely on herself and not need a man in her life to look after her, however 'need' is not the same as 'choice'. She could be whatever she wants to be and still have the opportunity to rely on him when she chooses to. If we promote equality in responsibilities, we rid the male of his 'responsibility' as a husband and father. That does women no good. It puts pressure on the wife and deprives her of her female biological right to 'take a break' when she physically or emotionally needs to.

Indie

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
I associate modern day feminism with insecurity and weakness. Traditional woman are stronger and more capable of 'turning men around in pink tutus' than the genetically modified version. Because a traditional woman is powerful, a modern hippie in a pink tutu would not satisfy her. She is only content with a man who is stronger than her and that man has to have a personality and mind of an intelligent leader. If she wants to grow her armpit hair, he should be capable of expressing his disgust and she should be ready to accept the fact that he has the right to be disgusted.

I don't see any negativity in being labelled 'traditional' because that is what I am, and because I 'choose' to be what I am out of conviction I believe that traditional values are a must for every successful society. Manly women and sissy men turn me off. I feel like punching them (this one's for indie).

If you are so proudly a traditionalist, why did my comment offend you to the point that you're threatening me with physical violence? If anyone is showcasing insecurity, it's you.

Calling you traditional wasn't meant as an insult, but an accurate description of the values you claim to espouse. There was no negative connotation associated with it. That's why I ignored Convergence's comment about a cat-fight.

Unfortunately, you fell in the trap, and have now gone as low as threatening to punch me in the face. As a feminist, I would never allow a man to play me against another woman.

Being a traditional woman may not be as powerful as you think. You have just shown how easily a man can manipulate your strings.

Indie

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Hey, no violence. You guys can fight it out but hair pulling is the most I can tolerate.

You can pull her armpit hair if you want. LOL

Next time you look for a second or third girlfriend, choose one a little more chilled out. Too much drama up in here :)

Indie

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
There is no "should", there is "is". This is real world dynamics, those who create a female collective can expect a male collective to pop up as result. And this will create a battle of the sexes.

My position is clear. This is not about armpit hair, it is about the kind of spirit motivating groups of women to make a cause out of it.

Very big fail. You turned around the issue and have not answered the argument, so a repeat is in order.

As if growing armpit hair is anti-male or infringes on the rights of men, and as if it requires this level of reaction or a "male collective" to combat it. Do you even realize how ridiculous and petty you guy's position is?

Contrast this with the female position, which is trying to overcome the institutionalized policing and objectification of women's bodies, and you understand why a "collective" is needed and justified in one case, but not in the other.

You want to play this petty game of "if women get a collective, so should we," and then you want to lecture women about not creating a battle of the sexes?

The point being, if women have a justifiable reason to create a collective (fighting institutionalized policing and objectification of women's bodies), while men act in a reactionary and irrational manner (if women have a collective then we want one too...just because...) then you cannot accuse the former of creating a battle of the sexes.

Indie

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Dalzi, a woman holding and openly advocating your positions which are opposed to "collective liberation of women" would fall under what Anita Sarkissian would consider "choices that women make have an enormous negative impact on other women's lives". Maybe that is why you get under feminists like Indie's skin with some of your posts :p

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

:D

Right. Like it's the first time I encounter internalized sexism. She gets under my skin. That's why she threatened to punch me in the face. :) :rolleyes:

See @Dalzi? This is another pull of the strings. Except, I've cut mine a long time ago. So he's pulling on empty.

Indie

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
@Indie, you did not address the following:

I did...

Various views and inter-feminist dialogue and explorations on the subject of oppression.

"Movements share some perspectives while disagreeing on others. For example, some movements differ on whether discrimination against women adversely affects men.

Movements represented by writers Betty Friedan and Gloria Steinem consider men oppressed by gender roles. "From the beginning Friedan had presented feminism as a sex-role revolution in which both men and women would benefit. Indeed, for Friedan feminism was but 'a stage in the whole human rights movement.' In 1970, Gloria Steinem, Ms. editor and the best-known exponent of this new liberal feminism . . . implied that women's liberation was men's liberation as well" because some burdens on men would no longer be men's alone. Susan Faludi wrote, in Stiffed, "[W]ith the mystery of men's nonrebellion comes the glimmer of an opening, an opportunity for men to forge a rebellion commensurate with women's and, in the course of it, to create a new paradigm for human progress that will open doors for both sexes. That was, and continues to be, feminism's dream, to create a freer, more humane world." Ellen Willis, weighing economics and feminism, considered an alliance with men necessary to women's liberation.

Mary Wollstonecraft wrote, "From the respect paid to property flow . . . most of the evils and vices which render this world such a dreary scene to the contemplative mind. . . . One class presses on another; for all are aiming to procure respect on account of their property . . . . [M]en wonder that the world is almost, literally speaking, a den of sharpers or oppressors." "Those writers are particularly useful, in my opinion, who make man feel for man, independent of the station he fills, or the drapery of factitious sentiments." "Men are not aware of the misery they cause, and the vicious weakness they cherish, by only inciting women to render themselves pleasing". "To say the truth, I not only tremble for the souls of women, but for the good natured man, whom everyone loves."

Other movements consider men primarily the causative agents of sexism. Mary Daly wrote, "The courage to be logical—the courage to name—would require that we admit to ourselves that males and males only are the originators, planners, controllers, and legitimators of patriarchy. Patriarchy is the homeland of males; it is Father Land; and men are its agents." The Redstockings declared, "We identify the agents of our oppression as men. . . . [M]en dominate women, a few men dominate the rest. . . . All men receive economic, sexual, and psychological benefits from male supremacy. All men have oppressed women." In a somewhat less clear-cut position, Kate Millett wrote in Sexual Politics, "The following sketch . . . . must . . . be both tentative and imperfect. . . . [O]ur society, like all other historical civilizations, is a patriarchy. . . . The fact is evident at once if one recalls that . . . every avenue of power within the society . . . is entirely in male hands. . . . If one takes patriarchal government to be the institution whereby that half of the populace which is female is controlled by that half which is male, the principles of patriarchy appear to be two fold: male shall dominate female, elder male shall dominate younger. However, just as with any human institution, . . . contradictions and exceptions do exist within the system."

Feminist movements and ideologies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dirty Dragon

The point being, if women have a justifiable reason to create a collective

Not everyone believes women have a justifiable reason to create a collective. Most people agree that there are gender issues, but not that a woman's collective is the right way to tackle these issues.

... while men act in a reactionary and irrational manner (if women have a collective then we want one too...just because...) then you cannot accuse the former of creating a battle of the sexes.

It is reactionary but not irrational. The armpit hair might be a silly example but we all know things go further, and have the potential to go much further.

We simply prioritize opposing the "collective" ideology more than we do supporting what is fair about a relatively banal/tame topic like armpit hair.

Indie

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
I have seen a women openly say how she purposefully is keeping her man down due to insecurity that he will leave her/attract other women, the day before her wedding, and that the groom won't be getting any on the wedding night because she will be too tired...:D Mind you not gossiping with her close girlfriends either. What kind of culture have we reached where this behavior is acceptable?

And what does this have to do with feminism? No woman identifying as a feminist, and who truly understands what feminism stands for would utter such nonsense. (If this story is true in the first place.) You guys' arguments are getting weaker by the minute.

Dirty Dragon

See @Dalzi? This is another pull of the strings. Except, I've cut mine a long time ago. So he's pulling on empty.

The cat fight thing is a joke, relax :p

And what does this have to do with feminism? No woman identifying as a feminist, and who truly understands what feminism stands for would utter such nonsense. If this story is true in the first place. You guys' arguments are getting weaker by the minute.

It is true... that women is my cousin. You really think I'd make this stuff up :rolleyes:
And this was not an argument, just an anecdotal little story. In case you haven't noticed this thread has become a free for all for all kinds of postings.

Indie

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Not everyone believes women have a justifiable reason to create a collective. Most people agree that there are gender issues, but not that a woman's collective is the right way to tackle these issues.

It is reactionary but not irrational. The armpit hair might be a silly example but we all know things go further, and have the potential to go much further.

We simply prioritize opposing the "collective" ideology more than we do supporting what is fair about a relatively banal/tame topic like armpit hair.

The only reason you oppose a collective ideology is because there is strength in numbers. Men like you, who claim to be modern and open to women's emancipation, show their true colours as soon as real change is on the horizon.

While simultaneously benefiting from the privileges of another, millennia-old collective: patriarchy.

Indie

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
The cat fight thing is a joke, relax :p

Say that to Dalzi. She's the one who missed the joke. She suddenly felt so empowered by your masculine support that she's threatening to punch people in the face.

I am very relaxed :)

It is true... that women is my cousin. You really think I'd make this stuff up :rolleyes:
And this was not an argument, just an anecdotal little story. In case you haven't noticed this thread has become a free for all for all kinds of postings.

Again, what does this have to do with feminism?

Amirkani

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
And what does this have to do with feminism? No woman identifying as a feminist, and who truly understands what feminism stands for would utter such nonsense. (If this story is true in the first place.) You guys' arguments are getting weaker by the minute.
bs... You utter it all the time. What would "I have a headache" be otherwise?

DLT

Orange Room Supporter
guys relax and you know let everyone do their thing.
This is not healthy.
I feel like this is separating us as Lebanese instead of joining forces.
:(

lol joking continue the show :p