Arsal, captured Lebanese Soldiers RELEASED - Updates and Discussion

How should the Lebanese government tackle the Arsal captured soldiers issue ?

• Total voters

Hawkeye

Staff member
Super Penguin
Please use this thread for news updates and discussions related to the Lebanese Army soldiers captured by Nusra and ISIS

a poll will be added on how the government should tackle the issue

[h=2][/h]

eLad

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
i say the government should do like any other government in a civilized country that respects its citizens and its national army: negotiate even with the release of prisoners.

there are thousands of terrorists out there, 10 or 15 more wont make any difference. and it's not like those prisoners are doing some productive labour work inside the prison, they are anyway running their terrorist organizations from there

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
The life of the soldiers is a priority even if this required the release of some apes from prison. Look at it in another view:
- Releasing the apes provided that they will be sent outside lebanon, will constitute a rare opportunity to liquidate them once they get back to fighting.
- We all know that keeping them in prison will end in releasing them some day due to a political compromise and they will be free to move inside lebanon;

Get back our soldiers and get ready to terminate the apes when they return.

Reactions: MMH

TayyarBeino

Legendary Member
14:43"lbci": أهالي العسكريين تلقوا اتصالات منذ قليل من الخاطفين تهدد بذبح الجنود ما لم يتم تحريك المفاوضات

19:04 اهالي العسكريين المخطوفين قطعوا اوتوستراد القلمون بالاتجاهين

Rafidi

Legendary Member
I know it is very hard for the parents of these soldiers, and I pray to God that He gives them patience and strength to bear the tragedy, and I also pray they return in well-being. however, I would advice them to chill. they should please relax. putting pressure on the government is only playing into the hands of the terrorists. the terrorists want to appear as tough and scary, and the ones in control of negotiation and the lives of the soldiers.

the truth of the matter is if those soldiers get killed, those terrorists shouldn't expect to remain in one piece. killing those soldiers would only justify and embolden the LA and HA to become monstrous in killing them all. the terrorists are as good as surrounded, and in destitution, and the winter is coming. if the LA and HA do not kill them, nature will kill them during the winter. so the only thing the terrorists should hope for is to get a safe passage. of course not even all of them should be given safe passage. otherwise, kill them all, and that includes staging a military rescue operation. even if it fails, or it isn't completely successfully, the vermin would be wiped off the earth, and revenge would be served cold to calm the nerves of the parents. these vermin are just like any infectious disease that is at one time incurable. many would die from the disease, but finding a cure would give solace even to those who have lost loved ones.

julesvernes99

Legendary Member
As much as I want to see the third option prevail: Rescue the soldiers by force (Commando operation), it will never happen unfortunately. Who's going to give the order? Kahwaji? that ship has sailed....

CitizenOfTheRepublic

Legendary Member
I know it is very hard for the parents of these soldiers, and I pray to God that He gives them patience and strength to bear the tragedy, and I also pray they return in well-being. however, I would advice them to chill. they should please relax. putting pressure on the government is only playing into the hands of the terrorists. the terrorists want to appear as tough and scary, and the ones in control of negotiation and the lives of the soldiers.

the truth of the matter is if those soldiers get killed, those terrorists shouldn't expect to remain in one piece. killing those soldiers would only justify and embolden the LA and HA to become monstrous in killing them all. the terrorists are as good as surrounded, and in destitution, and the winter is coming. if the LA and HA do not kill them, nature will kill them during the winter. so the only thing the terrorists should hope for is to get a safe passage. of course not even all of them should be given safe passage. otherwise, kill them all, and that includes staging a military rescue operation. even if it fails, or it isn't completely successfully, the vermin would be wiped off the earth, and revenge would be served cold to calm the nerves of the parents. these vermin are just like any infectious disease that is at one time incurable. many would die from the disease, but finding a cure would give solace even to those who have lost loved ones.
I have no idea how that slap came to be as I agree for the most part with your post, maybe it's my giant finger on tiny screen.
In any case, let's consider it a welcome back sa7sou7 ;-)

BOILER

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
i say the government should do like any other government in a civilized country that respects its citizens and its national army: negotiate even with the release of prisoners.

there are thousands of terrorists out there, 10 or 15 more wont make any difference. and it's not like those prisoners are doing some productive labour work inside the prison, they are anyway running their terrorist organizations from there

First of all, who told you that all what they want is to release 10-15 prisoners from Roumieh?

Do you really think that they will accept to release these kidnapped soldiers that easy?
They are living in the caves and mountains, and winter is on the doors. Wouldn't be better for them to keep them in order face whatever is coming?

More than that, would you accept that the army allow a safe passage for the terrorists in and out from Aarsal? Like they used to have before all of this happen?

Finally, Do you have any doubt that these prisoners of roumieh will go out and kill Lebanese people and army soldiers again?

Maybe if I have someone from my family kidnapped by ISIS and Nusra, I would act and speak differently, but it will surely be not objective and irrational.

Almaza

Members of ISIS and al-Nusra are statistics; they don't matter. Having a few of them in our prisons means nothing. Releasing them into Syria or keeping them imprisoned in Lebanon does not change anything. 20 terrorists do not make or break these groups. ISIS probably gains 100 a day.

Releasing them will not cause or prevent terrorist attacks in Lebanon. If Lebanon will be attacked by ISIS and al-Nusra it will be whether or not these handful of imprisoned terrorists are in jail.

I say a prisoner swap is the way to go. The families of these soldiers deserve the return of their husbands, brothers, and children.

Those of you who voted for an operation to release them, we know very well the Lebanese army is incapable of such an operation. And if Hizballah does it the terrorists in Lebanon will erupt. Plus there's a risk factor here: what happens if the operation fails and they decide to slaughter our soldiers?

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
We should ask for USA air support to clean them out of the jroud and get our soldiers back.
no no, we should tell the americans that da3esh and nosra are a joke, they are less than 5% of the revolution, and time will take care of them without any need for interference. w akid akid akid ma bi so77 ella el sa7i7.

Bandar

Orange Room Supporter
Negotiate without the release of any prisoners. Secret negotiation that allows them to escape south towards Daraa/Quneitra with their families in exchange for the soldiers.

oscard

Orange Room Supporter
I am sitting comfortably on my sofa, and I voted that the best thing to do is to send a commando group to leberat the hostages

I might not have right to think of sending someone's child, husband, or brother to such a fight while I am in my comfort zone, but I believe that isis and nusra are a bunch of crazy criminal terrorists who we cannot trust, negotiat with, or give them anything and force is the only solution

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
1- inject the rats prisoners with AIDS
2- Send them back to their surrounded rat comrades in exchange for our soldiers
3- Wait six months and watch how rats population will be decimated.

leb-wi-noss

Legendary Member
1- inject the rats prisoners with AIDS
2- Send them back to their surrounded rat comrades in exchange for our soldiers
3- Wait six months and watch how rats population will be decimated.

I think you are stuck 30 years back in time. First you can't inject AIDS in someone, it's not a Virus. If you mean HIV, it doesn't kill in 6 months anymore. Al Shaytan El Akbar wa akhawatoho invented a lot of medication to make patient survive. While your source of pride nations are still fighting on who was supposed to succeed the prophet.

Try one more time!

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
I think you are stuck 30 years back in time. First you can't inject AIDS in someone, it's not a Virus. If you mean HIV, it doesn't kill in 6 months anymore. Al Shaytan El Akbar wa akhawatoho invented a lot of medication to make patient survive. While your source of pride nations are still fighting on who was supposed to succeed the prophet.

Try one more time!

Yeah I heard that the best place to get medication for HIV is in the Qalamoun,Arsal surrounded Barrens.
And for those who don't know it yet, you're a genius.

TayyarBeino

Legendary Member
عن زوجة المخطوف المُخبرة... ورسالة الكعك والشاي

السبت 11 تشرين الأول 2014، آخر تحديث 09:53 مارون ناصيف - خاص النشرة

أن تصل رسالة عبر خدمة "الواتساب" من "جبهة النصرة" الى أهالي العسكريين المخطوفين، وفيها طلب بإعادة قطع طريق المصنع من جديد "لأن المرة الأولى التي قطع فيها لم تحدث الضجة اللازمة بسبب فتحه بالقوة من قبل عناصر الدرك بعد أقل من ساعة على قطعه" (هكذا كتب في الرسالة)، لأمر لم يعد يثير الإستغراب أبداً داخل شارع الأهالي الذين باتوا على قناعة ثابتة بأنّ الخاطفين يراقبون تحرّكاتهم عبر وسائل الإعلام وتحديداً من خلال النقل التلفزيوني المباشر، وعلى ضوء مشاهداتهم، يستعملون مثل هذه الرسائل للضغط عليهم وزجّهم قدر الإمكان بوجه حكومتهم وجيشهم وشعبهم. أما أن تصل رسالة لزوجة أحد المخطوفين، يسخر فيها كاتبها الإرهابي منها قائلاً "همّك في هذه الأثناء أن تأكلي الكعك وتشربي الشاي في ضهر البيدر بدلاً من القيام بتحرك في الشارع يسهم بتحرير زوجك"، فهذه هي قمة الإستغراب بالنسبة الى الغالبية الساحقة من الأهالي.
قمة الإستغراب لأن زوجة المخطوف كانت تشرب الشاي مع الكعك في اللحظة التي وصلتها فيها الرسالة.
وقمة الإستغراب أيضاً لأن الرسالة وصلت خلال يوم عادي من أيام إعتصام ضهر البيدر، يوم لم تضجّ فيه ساحة الإعتصام بسيارات النقل المباشر.
قمة الإستغراب لأن الزوجة لم تكن تجلس أساسا في نقطة مواجهة لكاميرات المحطات التلفزيونية. فكيف عرف الخاطفون بما كانت تفعله الزوجة في تلك اللحظة ومن دون نقل تلفزيوني مباشر؟ ومن هو ناقل هذا الخبر للإرهابيين وما الغاية من ذلك؟
هذه الحادثة، وعلى رغم بساطتها مقارنة مع تفاصيل ملف العسكريين ومفاوضاته الشائكة، دفعت ببعض أهالي العسكريين الى عقد سلسلة من المشاورات الهادفة الى معرفة من تخطى حدوده بينهم وبات يعمل كمخبر لدى "جبهة النصرة" وتنظيم "داعش" في الوقت الذي كان يجب أن يقتصر تواصله مع الخاطفين على رسائل الإطمئنان عن صحة الإبن أو الشقيق أو الزوج أو القريب المخطوف. وخلال هذه االمشاورات إقترح أحدهم اللجوء الى بعض الأساليب المخابراتية لكشف الفاعلين. ومن هذه الأساليب، تزويد الأشخاص المشكوك بأمرهم بمعلومات ملغومة وغير صحيحة عن تحركات احتجاجية ينوي الأهالي القيام بها إضافة الى سلسلة إتصالات سياسية سيجرونها، بهدف معرفة هوية الشخص الذي يقوم بنقل هذه الأخبار الى الجهة الخاطفة.
وبهذه الطريقة تمكن المحنّكون من كشف المخبر. إنها امرأة، زوجة أحد العسكريين المخطوفين، وضعت نفسها في الواجهة الإعلامية منذ الثاني من آب الفائت يوم غزوة عرسال، وكانت حاضرة دائماً لكل الإجتماعات التنسيقية ومشاركة بغالبية التحركات الإحتجاجية. عمدت الى تسريب الكثير من المعلومات عن الأهالي لـ"جبهة النصرة" وتنظيم "داعش"، "إما بسبب تعاطفها مع المجموعات الإرهابية كونها من بيئة حاضنة"، يقول والد أحد المخطوفين، "وإما من باب تقديم المعلومات للخاطفين علّ ذلك يمنح زوجها معاملة حسنة في جرود عرسال".

TayyarBeino

Legendary Member
تنظيم جبهة النصرة في القلمون ينشر مقطعاً مصوراً للقاء الجندي اللبناني المخطوف جورج خوري بعائلته ، بهدف الضغط على الرأي العام اللبناني .

Last edited by a moderator:

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
تنظيم جبهة النصرة في القلمون ينشر مقطعاً مصوراً للقاء الجندي اللبناني المخطوف جورج خوري بعائلته ، بهدف الضغط على الرأي العام اللبناني .

Watching this sentimental breakdown is like exposing oneself to a 10.000 volts direct current.. The more of this demoralizing psychological masturbation, the more I can't stand the number one responsible for this,
he who did not see this coming and took preemptive measures when his soldiers were cut to pieces more than a year ago,
he who knew exactly what has been going on in that town and its neighborhoods since three years,
he who is supposed to plan and prepare well, with whatever resources he has, to protect his soldiers and us..
I can't believe this is the Lebanese army of today, with soldiers chopped to pieces, kidnapped, crying, begging and much paralyzed.. And we're adapting to it, as we always do when it gets from bad to worst.. Horrible thought.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris306

Terrorists can be re-captured, or more easily, even killed and they will be. What is most pertinent is the imperative release of the Lebanese soldiers.

What must be done, must be done. The lives of the terrorists are worthless, they themselves, sacrifice their lives like we step on intruding ants!