• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Ashura, its meaning and impact on Lebanese Shias and Hezbollah

I think Hussein is blowing it out of proportion. ma bidda hal2ad.

as for the OP, very good @agnostic . That's what I know about Ashura, good vs evil and how to fight evil. There is a lot of wisdom when it comes to Ashura, but unfortunately we have some shia clerics who are going against the wisdom of Imam Ali and Husayn for example encouraging "Tatbir" and it makes it in the media's front page showing how barbaric Ashura is when in fact it's quite the opposite and it does not encourage any form of violence on one's self.

I am not a spiritual person nor religious but Sayyed Mohammad Hussein Fadlallah always got it right so I will leave you with one of his golden words:

"عندما نحب الحسين (ع) بعمق فسنبكيه بعمق نبكيه بدموع الرسالة و بدموع القضية و بدموع الولاء وبدموع الحب"

GrumpForTrump

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
At least with Bazella ashoura become more Green and vegetarian..nothing wrong..

Ashoura involves a lot of barbaric and child-abusing rituals.

I wish they were as outspoken about this as they about the freaking t-shirts.
This is more insulting to their religion than a stupid fashion line.

3d1c76ab4534ab9fbd85b236d74b4fbb.jpeg
3953335300000578-0-image-a-32_1476265770654.jpg

Bala maz7a el me2erfeh. Kel terekhkon dam, w atel, w dabe7 w iste2mar w 3obodiyyeh. You will have to exvommuunicate many of your popes.
You are 100% right but unlike you who believe they are covered by God, our killers will all be judged tarting with Popes. Stop mixing religion and people acts that have nothing to do with the teachings

What do you want to debate? What topic ya abadai?

lek ya aflaton, shu ze3jak for you to use such profanities? Did I disrespect you personally somewhere? If you disagree with my opinion on a certain matter then discuss it with me instead of resorting to personal attacks.

Rafidi

Legendary Member
lek ya aflaton, shu ze3jak for you to use such profanities? Did I disrespect you personally somewhere? If you disagree with my opinion on a certain matter then discuss it with me instead of resorting to personal attacks.

Kteer zinekh w dammak t2eel sayer.

Frostbite

BLA BLA BLA!!! All these Ritual are embedded in every Religion. Have you Seen what happen in Philippine and Other Nations on Easter, They Crossify themselves Savagely!! not to mention what happens South America :) . stop this discussion it is leading to no where? what is your objective of all these argument. no one will change his mind. Try to find a Common Ground which I see you are lost to find even though if you really look for it you will find it. com'on Get along and try to Elevate your discussion to serve the best of Humanity and to help each other as Lebanese. I leave you in Peace.
Frosbite