• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Assisted Dying - Should it be legalized?

Do you support legalizing Assisted Dying in your country?

• Strongly support - individuals have the right to choose when to end their life

• Moderately support - terminally ill patients only

• Moderately support - terminally ill and mental health patients only

• Oppose - life is sacred and any form of ending life is morally wrong

• Not sure

Results are only viewable after voting.
  • Advertisement
  • Isabella

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    I think it is you who does not know the pope's stances :)
    By the way just to clarify, I did not state what those views were in my previous post lol we can discuss this further in the Christianity thread if you want, however I think the pope's views on these subjects promotes a culture of acceptance and tolerance while not opposite to traditional church doctrine, ye3ne he's not saying gay marriage should be celebrated in churches lol but he did say the church should be open to homosexual individuals despite the fact he considers homosexual acts to be sinful, he has also embraced a transgender woman but stated he does not believe gender theory should be taught in schools. I think his views on these matters are more in line with your or dark angel's views than justleb's condemn everything and everyone equally approach.

kmarthe

kmarthe

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Hiroshi Ouchi was a technician who worked at nuclear facility.
    He was 35 years old on September 30, 1999 when a disaster occurred that would expose him to the highest amount any human has ever been exposed to in documented history.

His exposure to radiation was so severe that his skin started falling off his body. His chromosomes were destroyed and his white blood cell count plummeted to near-zero.
    Yet he was kept alive for 83 days against his will in unimaginable pain, despite his wishes to end his suffering.
    I will refrain from posting the pictures here because they are very gruesome, but you can easily find them online.

According to @Indie, @kmarthe, @Mighty Goat, and all people who oppose assisted suicide, this man should be denied an end to his terrible suffering because "human life is sacred".

It's sad that people who pretend to be motivated by compassion are unknowingly prolonging people's suffering.
    If you had the decision to end the life of this man, would you have done it with the same 7amess that you had when writing this post??

الحرس الجمهوري

الحرس الجمهوري

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    If you had the decision to end the life of this man, would you have done it with the same 7amess that you had when writing this post??
    If it was his wish to end his life, then I would not hesitate to pull the plug.

My grandfather went through a great amount of pain due to cancer. He died a few months later. Although I was sad to see him leave, I felt some relief that he was finally free from his suffering.

kmarthe

kmarthe

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter

My grandfather went through a great amount of pain due to cancer. He died a few months later. Although I was sad to see him leave, I felt some relief that he was finally free from his suffering.
    Assuming that you know his wish to die, would you have felt comfortable ending his life with your own hands?

I am NOT talking about how you feel when someone in pain dies without your intervention, big difference!

الحرس الجمهوري

الحرس الجمهوري

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Assuming that you know his wish to die, would you have felt comfortable ending his life with your own hands?

I am NOT talking about how you feel when someone in pain dies without your intervention, big difference!
    Of course it's never easy ending someone's life and it should only pursued as a last resort, but would I feel guilty for helping someone end their suffering? You can rest assured I wouldn't.

But that's not how things work by the way. Patient wanting to end their life are prescribed a lethal dose of pills that they must administer themselves.

kmarthe

kmarthe

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Of course it's never easy ending someone's life and it should only pursued as a last resort, but would I feel guilty for helping someone end their suffering? You can rest assured I wouldn't.

But that's not how things work by the way. Patient wanting to end their life are prescribed a lethal dose of pills that they must administer themselves.
    Good for you if you feel no guilt in that case :)

P.S. kiling is killing, regardless if you are using pills, guns or knives...

الحرس الجمهوري

الحرس الجمهوري

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Good for you if you feel no guilt in that case :)

P.S. kiling is killing, regardless if you are using pills, guns or knives...
    Christians are disgusting and selfish. They pretend to be compassionate when they are in fact driven by nothing but their religious dogma.

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    By the way just to clarify, I did not state what those views were in my previous post lol we can discuss this further in the Christianity thread if you want, however I think the pope's views on these subjects promotes a culture of acceptance and tolerance while not opposite to traditional church doctrine, ye3ne he's not saying gay marriage should be celebrated in churches lol but he did say the church should be open to homosexual individuals despite the fact he considers homosexual acts to be sinful, he has also embraced a transgender woman but stated he does not believe gender theory should be taught in schools. I think his views on these matters are more in line with your or dark angel's views than justleb's condemn everything and everyone equally approach.
    This has always been the Church's stance: "love the sinner, not the sin."

So there is nothing revolutionary in Pope Francis' approach, as you seem to imply.

kmarthe

kmarthe

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Christians are disgusting and selfish.
    Heyda ra2yak :) If you feel no guilt and you are happy with what you are doing chou baddak bi gheirak?

Go heal your Christianophobia, that would be a good start ;)

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter

Or was it relief that you no longer had to see him suffer?

الحرس الجمهوري

الحرس الجمهوري

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Heyda ra2yak :) If you feel no guilt and you are happy with what you are doing chou baddak bi gheirak?

Go heal your Christianophobia, that would be a good start ;)
    It's not Christianophobia to hate on a religion that's impeding medical progress and prolonging human suffering. It's common sense.
    I'm not the one imposing my views on others. All I'm saying is that terminally-ill patients should be given the option to end their life.
    It's religious folks who are lobbying against assisted dying, because it doesn't fit their religious beliefs.

Isabella

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    This has always been the Church's stance: "love the sinner, not the sin."

So there is nothing revolutionary in Pope Francis' approach, as you seem to imply.
    That was your conclusion from my post not what I implied :) what I stated was that justleb's stances were not in line with those of the pope.

kmarthe

kmarthe

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    It's not Christianophobia to hate on a religion that's impeding medical progress and prolonging human suffering. It's common sense.
    I'm not the one imposing my views on others. All I'm saying is that terminally-ill patients should be given the option to end their life.
    It's religious folks who are lobbying against assisted dying, because it doesn't fit their religious beliefs.
    Ya 3ammeh, where is the lobbying? I said if you are comfortable with assisted dying then good for you... I didn't mention religious things, but you did :) and now you are mad at religions lol

When I am faced with a situation like this then we would call people like yourself to pull the plug, mnih heyk?

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    That was your conclusion from my post not what I implied :) what I stated was that justleb's stances were not in line with those of the pope.
    I'm referring to this...

But yes I hope he does get a chance to make the church reflect a better image of Christianity, one that promotes love and tolerance above all else.

Isabella

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    I'm referring to this...
    Yes how exactly is stating that I hope he gets the church to reflect a better image of Christianity the same thing as me saying his opinions are revolutionary? Christianity has always been built on love and tolerance, it's the church that veers off course from time to time

الحرس الجمهوري

الحرس الجمهوري

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Ya 3ammeh, where is the lobbying? I said if you are comfortable with assisted dying then good for you... I didn't mention religious things, but you did :) and now you are mad at religions lol

When I am faced with a situation like this then we would call people like yourself to pull the plug, mnih heyk?
    You should have ended your sentence with "Mni777777777?" à la Hariri. What a wasted opportunity. You're such a meme noob.

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Yes how exactly is stating that I hope he gets the church to reflect a better image of Christianity the same thing as me saying his opinions are revolutionary? Christianity has always been built on love and tolerance, it's the church that veers off course from time to time
    The message of the Church hasn't changed between pope Francis and his predecessors.