AUB Acceptance

I

Inotsillab

As of now I am a tenth grade student, and I performed very poorly this year compared to the rest of my class. If I do well next year (relative to my class at least), do I still have a chance of getting accepted to AUB in the future?

• Advertisement
  • D

Deleted member 73465

Very general question. Choose a degree that you know it guarantees entrance at AUB . Or choose another university with less demanding admission. Go to admission office at aub and check ur school if they have someone who can help in the uni admissions. Last but not least I know lots of cases who performed really above their average and did well last year : go to training course for SAT for example, put more time for studies. But I guess know what u want to work later and see if an easier degree or uni makes more sense

I

Inotsillab

Very general question. Choose a degree that you know it guarantees entrance at AUB . Or choose another university with less demanding admission. Go to admission office at aub and check ur school if they have someone who can help in the uni admissions. Last but not least I know lots of cases who performed really above their average and did well last year : go to training course for SAT for example, put more time for studies. But I guess know what u want to work later and see if an easier degree or uni makes more sense
    Thank you. I performed very well in 9th grade. However I had some personal problems this year which dropped my grades drastically. I hope they will understand. \

Manifesto

Manifesto

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Yes, of course you still have time to redeem yourself. When universities screen applicants, they check all your past grades. They can tell if you've gotten better in the 11th grade.
    I'm not familiar with AUB's admission procedure, but I believe it's your SAT score that matters the most. If I were you I'd stop worrying and focus on being a good student next year.

By the way, I think you're too young to be on this forum. We cuss a lot and stuff. And we talk about weed.

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    As of now I am a tenth grade student, and I performed very poorly this year compared to the rest of my class. If I do well next year (relative to my class at least), do I still have a chance of getting accepted to AUB in the future?
    Make sure you study specifically for the Bullshit standardized test that they make you take. It means nothing and really tests nothing, but it is a very important prerequisite so if you target specifically how you study for it, you will do very well on it, and it will raise your chances significantly. So spend lots of time preparing for this thing.

What is more important, is try to figure out what you want to study and what you are naturally good at.

I

Inotsillab

Thank you a lot for your reply! I feel much better now. Also, my innocence is long lost so me being on this forum doesn't really affect me :lol:

I

Inotsillab

Make sure you study specifically for the Bullshit standardized test that they make you take. It means nothing and really tests nothing, but it is a very important prerequisite so if you target specifically how you study for it, you will do very well on it, and it will raise your chances significantly. So spend lots of time preparing for this thing.

What is more important, is try to figure out what you want to study and what you are naturally good at.
    I already know what I want to study, but how can I prepare for this test? Are there any sources or whatnot that I can use?

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    Thank you a lot for your reply! I feel much better now. Also, my innocence is long lost so me being on this forum doesn't really affect me :lol:
    Here is an advice for you. Getting good grades and really learning are two different things, they can be related sometimes, but not always and not necessarily. Focus hard on getting good grades, this is your job and the grades are your profits. Separately try to enjoy learning as well, but do not assume that simply learning will naturally get you the grades you want. Think hard about what I wrote, and trust me, I am giving you the best advice anyone can. Good luck to you!

D

Deleted member 73465

I already know what I want to study, but how can I prepare for this test? Are there any sources or whatnot that I can use?
    Contact amideast and ask when they have their next SAT prep course. Worth doing it before u do the exam. If it is too expensive for u buy few books and do self study .

D

Deleted member 73465

Thank you. I performed very well in 9th grade. However I had some personal problems this year which dropped my grades drastically. I hope they will understand. \
    All what admission office understands is good grades. It is an eliminating factor . Then comes ur personal statement for them to understand ur case

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    Contact amideast and ask when they have their next SAT prep course. Worth doing it before u do the exam. If it is too expensive for u buy few books and do self study .
    Actually take the class buy the books take the class again, practice like a monkey :) Take the BS test and get the highest score on the planet :)
    It is a Bullshit game, play it.

Manifesto

Manifesto

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Yeah I did that. Was really helpful although i ended up not applying to AUB. But it's a good way to gauge your readiness for the real SAT test. They also have SAT preparatory courses. (Amideast should pay me for this free advertisement)

I

Inotsillab

I actually study British curriculum so I don't think I would benefit much from amideast. However for maths and whatever I'll self study. Thank you anyways. ?

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    One more thing buddy. When you get into AUB, and if you follow my advice you will. remember this: From the first second you get in, and in fact before you set foot into this school, make sure you get your hands on older tests that have been given to students before you in previous years for the classes you want to take. This is the single most important task for you to do. Study these test like like crazy, thank me later.

I

Inotsillab

Yeah I did that. Was really helpful although i ended up not applying to AUB. But it's a good way to gauge your readiness for the real SAT test. They also have SAT preparatory courses. (Amideast should pay me for this free advertisement)
    This isn't related to the topic at all, but do you think I would be better off studying in the UK rather than in Lebanon?

I

Inotsillab

One more thing buddy. When you get into AUB, and if you follow my advice you will. remember this: From the first second you get in, and in fact before you set foot into this school, make sure you get your hands on older tests that have been given to students before you in previous years for the classes you want to take. This is the single most important task for you to do. Study these test like like crazy, thank me later.
    Will do! (That is if I do go to AUB)

I

Inotsillab

AUB seems great though. #45 in the world for employment rate

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    I'll see how it goes in the future. If I get accepted to a better ranked university in the UK I'll probably go there.
    Even if you get accepted to a lesser ranked school in the UK go there. You will get a better education, and be better prepared for the market place and you will have better opportunities upon graduation. If you then decide to go into academics you can target a top school for your higher degrees and PhD. Good luck.