AUB Acceptance

• Advertisement
  • Manifesto

Manifesto

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I will persevere ;-;
    The good news? You don't need a test to get admitted into Oroom's cool squad.
    Welcome aboard, kid. stay at least 200 feet away kid.

*dont even poke it with a stick*

Last edited by a moderator:
    Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Thank you a lot for your reply! I feel much better now. Also, my innocence is long lost so me being on this forum doesn't really affect me :lol:
    Everyone already gave you academic advice, so here is a different kind of advice :)

You don't want to wake up one day, rich and successful, and realize that you lost what matters most for your well-being. No achievement will matter if your heart and soul are depleted and corrupted; so, in your pursuit for worldly recognition, do not forget the essential :)

That being said, university is one of the most enjoyable periods of life, when you are free to learn and grow without other responsibilities in the way...so have a great time and bon succes in your studies!

Walidos

Walidos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I will persevere ;-;
    I live and work in the UK, which university you go to matters a lot from a job market perspective. I agree with @joseph_lubnan (and this doesn’t happen a lot) that in general, a UK uni has a lot more to offer overall, especially on a personal level. but if you are to make the move, chose wisely.

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    Everyone already gave you academic advice, so here is a different kind of advice :)

You don't want to wake up one day, rich and successful, and realize that you lost what matters most for your well-being. No achievement will matter if your heart and soul are depleted and corrupted; so, in your pursuit for worldly recognition, do not forget the essential :)

That being said, university is one of the most enjoyable periods of life, when you are free to learn and grow without other responsibilities in the way...so have a great time and bon succes in your studies!
    #3ati2a

Making money is sadly what most school orientation councilors and parents project on school kids.

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    #3ati2a

Making money is sadly what most school orientation councilors and parents project on school kids.
    Unfortunately...when money becomes the goal, rather than a tool to achieve more important and healthier goals, you see the appearance of all types of personal and social abherations.

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    As of now I am a tenth grade student, and I performed very poorly this year compared to the rest of my class. If I do well next year (relative to my class at least), do I still have a chance of getting accepted to AUB in the future?
    what is it you are seeking to major in?

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member

Unfortunately money is still needed, and important, and I learned to put a lot of heart and soul in my money :) win-win :)

I

Inotsillab

Unfortunately...when money becomes the goal, rather than a tool to achieve more important and healthier goals, you see the appearance of all types of personal and social abherations.
    Thank you for your advice. I will for sure only study what I enjoy. I don't want to spend the rest of my life doing something which I do not like just for the money.

I

Inotsillab

I live and work in the UK, which university you go to matters a lot from a job market perspective. I agree with @joseph_lubnan (and this doesn’t happen a lot) that in general, a UK uni has a lot more to offer overall, especially on a personal level. but if you are to make the move, chose wisely.
    I'm shooting for the Russell group universities ☺

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    I want to major in biology
    ok, that makes sense, aub offers a competitive program in pre-med. but be informed that if you are thinking about continuing through to med school abroad you will indeed need not only good grades but a also you have to present proof of leadership in extracurricular activities.

as to your current dilemma, all is not lost, the weight that is attributed to your past grades is minimal with respect to how you perform in your sat and in your baccalaureate year. so you have to change gears and perform better :) start by dropping your friends, they are a bad influence :p :)