AUB Admission

G

Ghadi

Hello there , I am a 12th grade student , in General Sciences , who recently applied to AUB for the following majors :

First Choice : Civil Engineering
Second Choice : CCE
Third Choice : Mechanical Engineering

My school grades and ranks are the following :
10th grade :
12.75/20 and ranked 19/31
11th grade :
13.75/20 and ranked 14/27

I've taken the SAT test , but to which I have not studied and scored 1140 having 650 Maths and 490 Crit Readin
I am retaking the test in January hoping for 1250 + , but my question is :

I'd like to know from any AUB student studying one of the majors listed above , especially civil engineering , what were their scores and grades, or anyone who could share his/her experience and give your opinion on the chances I have getting accepted into AUB .

• Advertisement
  • Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    Hello there , I am a 12th grade student , in General Sciences , who recently applied to AUB for the following majors :

10th grade :
    11th grade :

I've taken the SAT test , but to which I have not studied and scored 1140 having 650 Maths and 490 Crit Readin

I'd like to know from any AUB student studying one of the majors listed above , especially civil engineering , what were their scores and grades, or anyone who could share his/her experience and give your opinion on the chances I have getting accepted into AUB .
    if memory serves me right civil and mechanical engineering have more relaxed acceptance norms than ee & cce. but either way you will need to do better. i was 99 percentile on the sat when i was accepted, my school grades were not all that horrible either, but as i said, you should keep training for the sat.

Jawad A

Jawad A

cce and ece are relatively easy to be accepted in.
    school grades depend on the school you're studying in.
    i got accepted in cce for an sat score of 1160. (funny thing is that i got 1180 on my first attempt without studying much, and after studying hard, got 1160:D)
    chill a bit, i know ppl who got 1090 and got accepted... afterall, its a matter of competition and how many are applying.
    cce is the hardest major among the 3, but its the easiest to be accepted in.

Dirty Dragon

Dirty Dragon

School grades are treated differently depending which school you graduated from.
    SAT score is acceptable but not high enough to cover for a weak school grade or particularly high competition year. Retaking SAT for higher score has a massive impact.

if memory serves me right civil and mechanical engineering have more relaxed acceptance norms than ee & cce
    Used to be that way but reshuffled it at some point. Not sure how they rank currently.
    Change from one engineering major to another easily after acceptance.

baleha

baleha

during my days, CCE was the hardest for acceptance, then came EE, then distantly followed by ME, then CE.

it was extremely competitive even after acceptance, there was a premeditated policy of ensuring that not all students as a group make it together to the 3rd year .... this affected the overall environment and relationship between students as well ..... 20% - 30% of those accepted will repeat either of the first or the second year.

"the top students in Lebanon go to AUB, the top AUB students go to the engineering school ...."

".... you are like horses in a race, some of you will not make it to the finish line during the first year, some others will not make it to the finish line in the second year ....."

this was the Dean of the Engineering department welcoming us in the first day .... looking back, somehow, creativity & innovation was compromised for "academic excellence" .....

Bandar

Bandar

Orange Room Supporter
    do yourself a favor and study in europe or USA.

AUB's ranking and world prestige is going down the tubes very quickly.

Danny Z

Danny Z

Legendary Member
    do yourself a favor and study in europe or USA.

As usual, affirmation ma byewou khiryeh, we are now used to you BS on this forum that comes with no supporting arguments whatsoever

AUB's ranking and world prestige is going down the tubes very quickly.
    because you decided so?
    Engineering at AUB in ABET approved, so it is much better than most American and European universities and this by the admission of ABET. Graduates can go anywhere in North America and enter the order of engineers in Canada without any exams or be entitled to PE in the states. while graduates of many universities in the US and Europe cannot.

T3allam ya walad here

We accredit college and university programs in the disciplines of applied science, computing, engineering, and engineering technology at the associate, bachelor, and master degree levels.

With ABET accreditation, students, employers, and the society we serve can be confident that a program meets the quality standards that produce graduates prepared to enter a global workforce.

Developed by technical professionals from ABET’s member societies, our criteria focus on what students experience and learn. Sought worldwide, ABET’s voluntary peer-review process is highly respected because it adds critical value to academic programs in the technical disciplines, where quality, precision, and safety are of the utmost importance.

Our more than 2,200 experts come from industry, academia, and government. They give their time and effort supporting quality assurance activities around the world by serving as program evaluators, commissioners, board members, and advisors.

ABET is a nonprofit, non-governmental organization recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (
    CHEA).

Reactions: Jo
    Dirty Dragon

Dirty Dragon

"the top students in Lebanon go to AUB, the top AUB students go to the engineering school ...."

".... you are like horses in a race, some of you will not make it to the finish line during the first year, some others will not make it to the finish line in the second year ....."

this was the Dean of the Engineering department welcoming us in the first day .... looking back, somehow, creativity & innovation was compromised for "academic excellence" .....
    Lol which dean was that?

That is BS anyway.... there are very clever students and the ceiling is very high but the floor not so much. There were plenty of mediocre students and very few failed.

AUB scientific education is good on theoretical level but lacks in the hands on department.

Bandar

Bandar

Orange Room Supporter
    every degree in AUB is highly accredited, for now, because the rebound effect of 2011-2015 is still not reflected in the standing of the school internationally. the university has been "lebanonized" and the outward signs of that will soon be apparent to everyone.

Jorje

Jorje

Legendary Member
    every degree in AUB is highly accredited, for now, because the rebound effect of 2011-2015 is still not reflected in the standing of the school internationally. the university has been "lebanonized" and the outward signs of that will soon be apparent to everyone.
    You are probably correct on the longer term, but for now it is still holding on.

baleha

baleha

I am talking about my time, I know things are different today (starting early 2000s things changed).

Lol which dean was that?

That is BS anyway.... there are very clever students and the ceiling is very high but the floor not so much. There were plenty of mediocre students and very few failed.

AUB scientific education is good on theoretical level but lacks in the hands on department.

G

Ghadi

Hello again ,
    After studying for the SAT and re-taking it in January , I just received my scores :
    Maths : 730 / 800
    Critical Reading : 540 / 800
    Total : 1270 / 1600
    I hope this score will be good enough and thank you for your replies .

Dirty Dragon

Dirty Dragon

You are probably correct on the longer term, but for now it is still holding on.
    I am talking about my time, I know things are different today (starting early 2000s things changed).
    This is a bit off topic but maybe someone can shed light on something. On the AUB campus brand names are becoming common now. Franchised coffee shops, ATM machines for specific banks etc. This was not the case before. What is happening ?

To take things further hypothetically, is there a prospect the land AUB is situated on being slowly swallowed by Lebanese sharks ?

S

salah D

Guys is there anybody who have done the freshman year in AUB? because I need some help please

S

salah D

Hello again ,
    After studying for the SAT and re-taking it in January , I just received my scores :
    Maths : 730 / 800
    Critical Reading : 540 / 800
    Total : 1270 / 1600
    I hope this score will be good enough and thank you for your replies .
    I think that the acceptances are shown you can check them on tha AUB website and I am sure that you were accepted with your SAT scores.
    good luck.

Hanadi

Hanadi

10th grade :
    11th grade :

hello ghadi ,I want to apply to aub mechanical engineering (iam a current GS student) .My current sat scores are 570 math and 580 evidence-based reading and writing.10th and 11th grades about 17.4/20 .And I will be repeating the SAT on January .Your math score improved a lot and i'd love to know what you did exactly to improve . And do you think i'd be accepted with my current sat score ?And iam curious about what you're enrolled in right now :D

Goku

Goku

Legendary Member
    This is a bit off topic but maybe someone can shed light on something. On the AUB campus brand names are becoming common now. Franchised coffee shops, ATM machines for specific banks etc. This was not the case before. What is happening ?

To take things further hypothetically, is there a prospect the land AUB is situated on being slowly swallowed by Lebanese sharks ?
    I haven't been inside the campus for a long time, but before the whole branding thing (maybe) got out of control, the donations thing also clearly did, room donated by this, bench donated by that, book donated by this, etc. too many things tagged in exchange for money.

S

silvernight

hello..is it possible to do medical residency program even if i am an international graduate ? or is too competitive ?

Isabella

Isabella

The Queen Of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    hello..is it possible to do medical residency program even if i am an international graduate ? or is too competitive ?
    Hey maybe send an email asking the hospital you are interested in directly?